2022 The Wonder of Alaskan Cruise - The Second Time Around

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Our welcoming committee at the aquarium
538B88CA-65BF-4892-8535-DA5A5852AB69.jpeg

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Good morning!

We had a long day yesterday, and a lot of walking. But the weather was just too perfect to not do that, and we're glad we did it.

Today is our last full day here in Vancouver. We have a loose plan of going to the Granville Public Market and spending the late morning and early afternoon there. We will probably make this a short day of activities since we have to repack some stuff back into our luggage,

We set sail tomorrow!

Zz.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
We're set to do our second cruise to Alaska on the Wonder in August. We also did our first in 2018, and 24 hours into it, asked "how soon can we do this again?". I think our second was scheduled for 2020, but the last two years really all run together for me.

Have our eMed proctored Covid tests ready for pre-boarding. I think we don't need a test to get into Canada because we're fully vaccinated? Could you expand a bit on the confusing pre-boarding steps on the app? No rush, of course!

We did the arriveCAN app once more last night, this time for the cruise. It's a bit more confusing this time because it took a bit of time to decipher if what they were asking was about our "going" or "coming" back into Canada after the cruise. But eventually we sorted it out and got our QR code for coming back into Canada when the cruise ended. We will be heading out straight to YVR after the cruise.
We have one full day and the Sunday before the cruise to explore Vancouver some more. Last time, we arrived the night before the cruise and spent a few days after disembarking, we headed straight for the ferry to Victoria to visit the Butchart Gardens, then a couple nights in North Vancouver where we did the Capilano suspension bridge. On the day of our return flight, we explored downtown Vancouver, including Gastown and the steam clock.

Maybe we'll check out the aquarium this time!

Looking forward to reading about your cruise adventure!

Last edited:

ZapperZ

Original Poster
We're set to do our second cruise to Alaska on the Wonder in August. We also did our first in 2018, and 24 hours into it, asked "how soon can we do this again?". I think our second was scheduled for 2020, but the last two years really all run together for me.

Have our eMed proctored Covid tests ready for pre-boarding. I think we don't need a rest to get into Canada because we're fully vaccinated? Could you expand a bit on the confusing pre-boarding steps.on the app? No rush, of course!

We have one full day and the Sunday before the cruise to explore Vancouver some more. Last time, we arrived the night before the cruise and spent a few days after disembarking, we headed straight for the ferry to Victoria to visit the Butchart Gardens, then a couple nights in North Vancouver where we did the Capilano suspension bridge. On the day of our return flight, we explored downtown Vancouver, including Gastown and the steam clock.

Maybe we'll check out the aquarium this time!

Looking forward to reading about your cruise adventure!

The ArriveCAN app that you used to fly into Canada the first time should be used again 72 hrs or less before you EMBARK on the cruise, i.e. before you leave port. They're making the allowance that you may not have wifi or cellphone signal while you're on the cruise, so can do the process while you're still on land before the start of the cruise. This also means that you should NOT plan on arriving in Canada the same day that you're sailing off. That is a no-no even during non-covid situation because so many things could go wrong there.

You tackle it the same way that you tackle the app coming in Canada. This time, you will need to choose the arrival by sea, of course, since this is for when you are coming back into Canada at the end of the cruise. Just make sure you chose the Vancouver Cruise Line operations (or something like that) as the port of departure and entry. The confusion, for me, was to know if they're asking for our departure from Vancouver or for when we arrive back in Vancouver. Just read the question in the app carefully, meaning don't do this in a moving vehicle or while you're walking. 😃

At the end, you'll get another QR code for when you come back into Vancouver at the end of the cruise. A friend was told by an immigration agent that he should delete the previous entry (i.e. for when he entered Canada before the cruise) before starting this new entry for the cruise. I did not do that and still managed to get the QR code at the end. In fact I wasn't sure where one would go in the app to delete the previous entry item.

I hope I didn't make things more confusing than necessary. 🙂

Zz.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
The ArriveCAN app that you used to fly into Canada the first time should be used again 72 hrs or less before you EMBARK on the cruise, i.e. before you leave port. They're making the allowance that you may not have wifi or cellphone signal while you're on the cruise, so can do the process while you're still on land before the start of the cruise. This also means that you should NOT plan on arriving in Canada the same day that you're sailing off. That is a no-no even during non-covid situation because so many things could go wrong there.

You tackle it the same way that you tackle the app coming in Canada. This time, you will need to choose the arrival by sea, of course, since this is for when you are coming back into Canada at the end of the cruise. Just make sure you chose the Vancouver Cruise Line operations (or something like that) as the port of departure and entry. The confusion, for me, was to know if they're asking for our departure from Vancouver or for when we arrive back in Vancouver. Just read the question in the app carefully, meaning don't do this in a moving vehicle or while you're walking. 😃

At the end, you'll get another QR code for when you come back into Vancouver at the end of the cruise. A friend was told by an immigration agent that he should delete the previous entry (i.e. for when he entered Canada before the cruise) before starting this new entry for the cruise. I did not do that and still managed to get the QR code at the end. In fact I wasn't sure where one would go in the app to delete the previous entry item.

I hope I didn't make things more confusing than necessary. 🙂

Zz.
Not at all, that's pretty clear. Thank you!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom