2020-Gaming discussion

The_Jobu

View attachment 477610

This is why I have no respect for user ratings. The game has been available in the US for 4 hours. Unless you know hacks, it’s a physical impossibility to finish the game.

Journalist reviews are equally worthless, best to reach your own conclusions.

You shouldn't leave reviews without playing a game, but you can also put together enough information to avoid buying a game.

PS. You should invest in physical copies when possible.

The_Jobu

Out of nowhere, Farming Simulator 19 has become one of my favourite games.

Picked it up on Steam sale out of curiosity, and I already have hundreds of hours playtime. I think the best way to describe it would be "extremely satisfying".

Though it hasn't been without its difficulties...

Oops.png

Voxel

President of Progress City
Out of nowhere, Farming Simulator 19 has become one of my favourite games.

Picked it up on Steam sale out of curiosity, and I already have hundreds of hours playtime. I think the best way to describe it would be "extremely satisfying".

Though it hasn't been without its difficulties...

View attachment 477637
Snowrunner is where it's at, for a similar reason. I have more hours in that game than I care to admit. Half of the time is spent stuck in the mud, I should enjoy it this much.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

You shouldn't leave reviews without playing a game, but you can also put together enough information to avoid buying a game.

I really miss the old days of game demos. Now if I am on the fence about a game, I just watch a couple of "let' play" style videos and make my mind up from that.

Voxel

I really miss the old days of game demos. Now if I am on the fence about a game, I just watch a couple of "let' play" style videos and make my mind up from that.
I love that alot of Asian companies are bring Demos back. Square is a big one in particular. They did a demo for Final Fantasy 7, Dragon Quest 11, and Trails of Mana. They really helped my decision with buying a gain. I hope this trend continues.

Also STEAM just added a bunch of demos this week.

The_Jobu

Snowrunner is where it's at, for a similar reason. I have more hours in that game than I care to admit. Half of the time is spent stuck in the mud, I should enjoy it this much.

I've seen a lot of overlap between fans of both games. What is Snowrunner about? Is it similar to truck simulator?

Voxel

Snowrunner is more intense than Truck Simulator. It's more akin to off-road than straight up driving.
^- This.. You still doing the picking up and delivery of goods but there is a lot of getting stuck. Your driving almost entirely off road and having to balance use of AWD, DIFF-Lock, and other aspects to complete the work. You will get stuck or hall of the side of the mountain and have to recover you vehicle. There is not alot of "High Speed" movement. ANd you can change out your trucks depending on what your hauling and doing.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

Tony Perkis

No, they aren’t.

As someone with a family member in both print and digital journalism, I reject your dismissal outright. That’s lazy critique.

The vast majority of journalists worth a damn put their reputations against their name on a daily basis. It’s a shame you have such disdain for them.

The_Jobu

No, they aren’t.

As someone with a family member in both print and digital journalism, I reject your dismissal outright. That’s lazy critique.

The vast majority of journalists worth a damn put their reputations against their name on a daily basis. It’s a shame you have such disdain for them.

Not so much disdain but knowledge that video game journalism is a worthless field. I pity your faith in them.

Voxel

Not so much disdain but knowledge that video game journalism is a worthless field. I pity your faith in them.
I would rephrase this. I can think of some EXCELLENT outlets for Video Game Journalism but they don't review the actual products, they discuss the technology implementaions and playability of the game. One amazing example is Digital Foundry.

Mike S

I would rephrase this. I can think of some EXCELLENT outlets for Video Game Journalism but they don't review the actual products, they discuss the technology implementaions and playability of the game. One amazing example is Digital Foundry.
Video Game Outlets that only focus on the actual video games? What a novel concept today. There should be more of them.

This applies to entertainment journalism as a whole as well.

PopCentury

I’ve played and beaten last of us part 2.

I would say the gameplay is great but I am mixed about how the story played out.

It is one of those games that after beating you got to take a second to think about what happened. It is a very emotional game.

I’d rate it a 8/10.

Edit: After thinking about it for a day or two, I decided to give it an 8 lol. Final score.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom