2020-Gaming discussion

Tony Perkis

Are you honestly saying that professional reviews, most of which are PAID to give good scores, are held to honest standards? LOL. Sites like IGN are notorious for giving high scores on account of developers paying them to do just that. Also how many reviewers actually finish the game they're playing? Probably not a lot.
This post is littered with conspiracy theories.

Mike S

Are you honestly saying that professional reviews, most of which are PAID to give good scores, are held to honest standards? LOL. Sites like IGN are notorious for giving high scores on account of developers paying them to do just that. Also how many reviewers actually finish the game they're playing? Probably not a lot.
Or they’re incentivized in order to continue receiving early review copies and not get black listed. There’s plenty of evidence of this going on with people or whole companies not receiving review copies anymore after giving bad reviews.

The_Jobu

Or they’re incentivized in order to continue receiving early review copies and not get black listed. There’s plenty of evidence of this going on with people or whole companies not receiving review copies anymore after giving bad reviews.

There is a mountain of evidence of the corruption, bias, and uselessness of video game journalism. Their reputation outside a handful of individuals is, at best, laughable.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
This post is littered with conspiracy theories.

No....no it's not

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Now that we know what the PS5 will look like does it really even matter?

I mean how many people have ever chosen Xbox over Sony over Nintendo, etc. because of the way the console looks? It is the most non-issue in gaming ever.

Tony Perkis

No....no it's not

Do I believe certain organizations are prone to offering favorable ratings in exchange for additional coverage? Yes. The Verge has been giving Apple the benefit of every doubt. You may notice, when I posted my initial post about this, I didn’t have IGN as a link.

What you’re doing is different. You are dismissing the strong reviews from several dozen publications, including reliable outlets like the Washington Post (I know your response to this, so save it) as if it’s a coup by Sony and Naughty Dog, and the only true saviors are user reviews, which are historically unreliable and terrible.

I know your politics, so I know where you’re coming from on this. I don’t respect it.

Tony Perkis

I mean how many people have ever chosen Xbox over Sony over Nintendo, etc. because of the way the console looks? It is the most non-issue in gaming ever.
It’s a fun meme making fun of it, but I don’t think anyone cares that much.

Tony Perkis

People are making fun of it? I think it looks great.
In a lighthearted manner. Stuff like this:

C9D984E2-FE50-473C-8DB6-31545F8BAA28.jpeg

AB39916F-5445-4200-A2C4-45C89897D657.jpeg

641BE74B-E666-4FED-9E47-794A3E677739.jpeg

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster

Only thing I care about is airflow and if the system will stay cool. If these new consoles are going to compete with top end PC's, ( Hint they never will ), I'm concerned I don't see many exhaust ports just from what I have been able to see. My top of the line PC has 7 internal fans with oil pressure bearings and a custom water loop keeping everything nice and chill, what is in the PS5? I'm hoping more than a 130mm fan like its being predicted.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Only thing I care about is airflow and if the system will stay cool. If these new consoles are going to compete with top end PC's, ( Hint they never will ), I'm concerned I don't see many exhaust ports just from what I have been able to see. My top of the line PC has 7 internal fans with oil pressure bearings and a custom water loop keeping everything nice and chill, what is in the PS5? I'm hoping more than a 130mm fan like its being predicted.
Which is why it flabbergasted me when people complained about the size of the Xbox One. Air-cooled requires you know...air.

wdwfan4ver

Warner Brothers Interactive apparently is up for sale. Take, EA and Activision Blizzard are interested in buying Warner Brothers Interactive.

I am referring to this:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Since there's game sales still going, snagged Street Fighter V and LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens on PS4 while getting Soul Calibur VI on Xbox.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom