2020-Gaming discussion

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Tomb Raider: GOTYE, Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition and Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration are your Free games today until 6th Jan on EGS

Underdog

I also managed to snag something that is almost as difficult to get as a 30 series Nvidia gfx Card, an Xbox Series X and it will be here in time for Christmas :eek:
Series X (or S if you have it) + Xbox Gold (1 or more years) + $1 Game pass ultimate for new subs converts it into a year (or up to 3 years max) of Games Pass Ultimate is the best value in gaming.

Offline installs, cloud gaming, new games, indies,... its been a bit overwhelming actually. 😅

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Microsoft to acquire Activision Blizzard for $68.7 billion​

friday-icecube.gif

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No

Slpy3270

Sickening. All those employees who marched demanding an overhaul to workplace culture will get termination notices instead. That Kotick is sticking around makes the optics look even worse.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
No they wont, MS wont terminate a ton of people for that, also Kotick is pretty much only around until the deal is final then he will likely be gone, Phil Spencer today was made head of Microsoft Gaming and everyone at AB will report to him the same as all the other studios will/already do.

erasure fan1

It's a good move for Xbox and fans of Activision games. I'd put them right behind EA as far as bad developers. I would have rather they buy SEGA as the only real game from this I care about is Diablo.

erasure fan1

Id rather have Nintendo buy Sega.
My problem with that would be sega has a lot more content that would be too edgy for Nintendo. I know they've gotten better with letting edgier stuff on their systems, but I don't see them making it. Can you imagine a Yakuza or condemned or heck even a golden axe done by Nintendo. I would like sega under Xbox studios because I think they would actually use the wealth of IPs they have.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Yeah but then Microsoft buying everything up would turn into a monopoly because all of those IPs would definitely be Xbox exclusive.

erasure fan1

Yeah but then Microsoft buying everything up would turn into a monopoly because all of those IPs would definitely be Xbox exclusive.
That's true. But I'm a sega fanboy, and all those classic IPs, skies, space harrier, wonderboy, shining, phantasy star... Sitting collecting dust upsets me. So I'd take them exclusive on xbox rather than buried at sega.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
That's true. But I'm a sega fanboy, and all those classic IPs, skies, space harrier, wonderboy, shining, phantasy star... Sitting collecting dust upsets me. So I'd take them exclusive on xbox rather than buried at sega.

Ehh, just because Microsoft would have those IPs doesnt necessarily mean new games would come out of them.

erasure fan1

Just because Microsoft would have those IPs doesnt necessarily mean new games would come out of them.
That is also true. But It can't be Worse than what sega has done, which is almost nothing. So I'd take that chance. Xbox has always wanted to get some credibility in Japan. So I just can't see them ignoring the classic sega franchises.

Underdog

My problem with that would be sega has a lot more content that would be too edgy for Nintendo. I know they've gotten better with letting edgier stuff on their systems, but I don't see them making it. Can you imagine a Yakuza or condemned or heck even a golden axe done by Nintendo. I would like sega under Xbox studios because I think they would actually use the wealth of IPs they have.
Well, Nintendo ‘bought’ Bayonetta for the Switch so I don’t see them having an issue with them. The question is would other publishers and devs want it on the Switch or whatever is following the Switch.

erasure fan1

Well, Nintendo ‘bought’ Bayonetta for the Switch so I don’t see them having an issue with them. The question is would other publishers and devs want it on the Switch or whatever is following the Switch.
That's why Xbox is the most logical choice. They want some relevancy in the Japanese market for one. They obviously have the cash so it wouldn't be a financial risk to tap into the back catalog of games. It would be great for gamepass as well. I really just can't see any studios outside of Xbox taking a chance on releasing their classic IPs. Sega has nearly killed its name recognition, especially with its classics. You would have to be willing to take a loss in order to rebuild the brand and start making money. And Microsoft can afford to do that. Heck, if you can't revive any of the games, there is a whole back catalog of games to release on compilations that people are willing to spend on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom