2020-Gaming discussion

erasure fan1

Disney had nothing to do with this decision.

Regardless, it's already been confirmed that is a timed exclusive. It will launch on PlayStation and PC, then Xbox later.
Lucasarts owns the ip so therefore it is Disneys decision. I did see this morning on the PlayStation blog
"And it’s a console exclusive on PlayStation 5 at launch."
I still think they are hindering sales by not just going all platforms right off the bat.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Lenovo makes a competently assembled pre-built if you get desperate. I got a Legion tower with RTX 2080 Super for about $1,300. The card is a generation old and I'm not going to be playing Flight Simulator on 4K at 120 FPS, but it's a lot better than what I had previously (i.e. nothing).
I have a build or two saved if my current rig dies. I don't game on it, but I do use it for work every day and it works well for that.

What I am waiting on more than anything is DDR5 memory to become the standard. The engineering software I use is a real memory hog and the performance increase from going from DDR4 to DDR5 will be greater than any other component.

erasure fan1

I mean the original WAS a Xbox exclusive.
That's true. Of course a lot of games didn't come to the ps2 because of a lack of an hdd. I think most of the western RPGs that were xbox exclusive would have been on ps2 as well if it could have handled it. The OG xbox was basically a pc so that was the other reason it went to xbox, Easy conversion. I'm sure if they could have done all systems, they would have.

erasure fan1

So with the OG Xbox having its 20th anniversary tomorrow, what were some of your stand out games? For me it was Fable, of course KOTOR, Rallisport challenge 2 was my racer of choice and the original Forza still holds up today. I also loved Morrowind. Even though a lot of the games were also on PlayStation. Xbox was my preference for playing multiplatform games. I loved the control, the S not the Duke and the built-in Hdd was great. I had a lot of fun times with the Xbox.

The_Jobu

So, my new tv doesnt have any RCA jacks, just a 3.5mm jack. Looks like this:

cables.png

I bought that cable in the picture, connected my n64, plugged it into the jack, and the tv doesnt even register a signal.

Any tips?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
So with the OG Xbox having its 20th anniversary tomorrow, what were some of your stand out games? For me it was Fable, of course KOTOR, Rallisport challenge 2 was my racer of choice and the original Forza still holds up today. I also loved Morrowind. Even though a lot of the games were also on PlayStation. Xbox was my preference for playing multiplatform games. I loved the control, the S not the Duke and the built-in Hdd was great. I had a lot of fun times with the Xbox.

I played the crap out of the original Splinter Cell trilogy. That and KOTOR took up most of my time.

tanc

Building a new gaming PC after years. Super excited, I've had my 3070 since last year so no need to worry about the gpu. Going with the new Intel i7 12700k.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Building a new gaming PC after years. Super excited, I've had my 3070 since last year so no need to worry about the gpu. Going with the new Intel i7 12700k.
Has the GPU situation improved at all? I caved about 6 months ago and bought a 2080 Super pre-built because I refused to pay scalper process.

erasure fan1

So, my new tv doesnt have any RCA jacks, just a 3.5mm jack. Looks like this:

View attachment 600694

I bought that cable in the picture, connected my n64, plugged it into the jack, and the tv doesnt even register a signal.

Any tips?
Try moving the video cable to the red or white just to check. I have a few of those adapters that aren't wired to a standard. So with some I end up with the yellow connected to the white or red.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Has the GPU situation improved at all? I caved about 6 months ago and bought a 2080 Super pre-built because I refused to pay scalper process.
Not really. If you have a Micro Center near you they apparently have a decent stock at MSRP. That is about the only good news I have heard latley.

EVGA even reported the theft of a truckload 3000 series GPUs

Last edited:

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
Not really. If you have a Micro Center near you they apparently have a decent stock at MSRP. That is about the only good news I have heard latley.

EVGA even reported the theft of a truckload 3000 series GPUs

They usually have something at the DFW location, but it can go in a hurry if there is any positive crypto buzz.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They usually have something at the DFW location, but it can go in a hurry if there is any positive crypto buzz.
I am just glad I do not need a new computer right now. I am hoping I can hold off for another year or so where video cards might be somewhat reasonably priced and DDR5 borders on commonplace.

Jahona

I've been meaning to check them out one morning. My dad needs to replace his GTX 770 with something newer to play BF2042 on. 🤣
I have been trying NewEgg Shuffle to see if I can get him a card that way.

The_Jobu

I'm not as informed about chips and such, but I remember when I got my "gaming" laptop (a couple pages back), it had a 3060 which I think might have been decent at the time.

tanc

I got an invitation from Sony yesterday to get a PS5, I actually was able to get one today! Going to sell my PS4 pro though, it's great sony gave BC for PS4 with PS5.

Last edited:

The_Jobu

Try moving the video cable to the red or white just to check. I have a few of those adapters that aren't wired to a standard. So with some I end up with the yellow connected to the white or red.

So I swapped the cables around and it worked on my sega, but when I tried the same thing on the n64, still didn't work. Gonna try exchanging the cable just in case, otherwise might try rca to HDMI for double the cost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom