2020-Gaming discussion

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Anyone else done the new MS Flight Sim.
I bought a joystick. It's the beginning of the end....
Next step...Simpit. ;)

i8p3na479lf11.jpg

The_Jobu

Hey, just for fun, anyone want to post battlestations?

Here's my L33t hardcore gaming rig. It can run Crysis at the highest settings.

IMG_20200831_1320087.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

The_Jobu

Just an FYI...that is not my rig. I am rocking three monitors, but I do not have the sim chair. It was merely an image from searching "SimPit" which is a company that makes some awesome simulators.

My setup is below.

View attachment 494072

You themed the entire room to go with your rig? That's amazing!

What's that running? Looks like architecture software?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You themed the entire room to go with your rig? That's amazing!

What's that running? Looks like architecture software?
Actually the other way around. I knew I wanted to do my office as a Portal test chamber. I got lucky with my rig as the case was supposed to be red (purchased "of the rack") and they mistakenly sent me white which matched the PCs seen in the game.

It is a bit of a mess right now as I have not really organized it since I went to work from home and had to combine my work and home office, but you get the idea.
20200812_170027.jpg
20200812_170039.jpg
20200812_170051.jpg

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Hey, just for fun, anyone want to post battlestations?

Here's my L33t hardcore gaming rig. It can run Crysis at the highest settings.

View attachment 494071

I will post my battlestation room this weekend. Just finished moving it this weekend from the 3rd floor to the bottom floor. Need to finish mounting the TV and a few other things before I'm ready to show it off, but have been enjoying it so far.

My little man/nerd-cave.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Actually the other way around. I knew I wanted to do my office as a Portal test chamber. I got lucky with my rig as the case was supposed to be red (purchased "of the rack") and they mistakenly sent me white which matched the PCs seen in the game.

It is a bit of a mess right now as I have not really organized it since I went to work from home and had to combine my work and home office, but you get the idea.View attachment 494075View attachment 494076View attachment 494077
This is amazing.. I love my home office but this is legit.

I'm still not done with mine. (Waiting for the sofa to come in), but when it does I'll provide picks.

ALSO that NVIDIA announcement. I'm ready to see benchmarks.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is amazing.. I love my home office but this is legit.

I'm still not done with mine. (Waiting for the sofa to come in), but when it does I'll provide picks.

ALSO that NVIDIA announcement. I'm ready to see benchmarks.
My next and most likely last thing will be making light up portals.

The design is pretty simple...an oval-shaped mirror with chasing orange and blue LEDs behind it. The problem is oval-shaped mirrors larger than about 36" are apparently made of gold, platinum, and unobtanium. As soon as I can find a pair of 4' or larger mirrors for less than an average car payment I will be making those.

Last edited:

Underdog

Anyone else done the new MS Flight Sim.
I bought a joystick. It's the beginning of the end....

I'm seriously thinking of building a rig specifically for this and I have not built one for close to 20 years. I am seriously impressed with everything I see from this game. Good Job Microsoft!

The_Jobu

I'm seriously thinking of building a rig specifically for this and I have not built one for close to 20 years. I am seriously impressed with everything I see from this game. Good Job Microsoft!

I even enjoy watching other people play the game. It's so satisfying seeing the level of detail when you fly over your town.

Voxel

President of Progress City
My next and most likely last thing will be making light up portals.

The design is pretty simple...an oval-shaped mirror with chasing orange and blue LEDs behind it. The problem is oval-shaped mirrors larger than about 36" are apparently made of gold, platinum, and unobtanium. As soon as I can find a pair of 4' or larger mirrors for less than an average car payment I will be making those.
Have you thought about selling a Kidney?! Asking for a guy.

I've been enjoying it. I work in Aviation and almost all my co-workers are talking about it. I swear I get a text everyday from a friend discovering a bug. I'm currently waiting for some hardware so I can play it properly.

Mike S

Hearing what’s going on with Madden 21 is ridiculous and I don’t even care for sports. I think it’s high time sports games adopt a generational model where one new game comes out at the beginning of the generation and is subsequently updated with new rosters and stuff throughout for FREE. Maybe charge for substantial additions like new modes or something idk. Ultimate Team modes become a separate free to play game that no longer resets every year with a new title. I know they could potentially make less money this way but in the end it might actually help them get their crap together and fix all the issues people complain about. From what I’ve seen they’re constantly selling the same game in a new package anyway so why not just stick to one title.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom