2020-Gaming discussion

Mike S

I wonder what their business analysis shows if they broke up Madden (& other sports) into 'separate' games. The only reason I would even touch the 'MUT' part of Madden is because it's part of the same package.
I’m no business person but in my head I see it having the possibility of being a positive. Yes people will no longer have to pay $60 for Ultimate Team but without that barrier you could potentially get more players into it that aren’t fully into sim football. Also now that your purchases aren’t made useless in a year’s time perhaps more people are encouraged to spend since it’s safer now to do so.
I've been tempted to try the Marvel season of Fornite. Is the battle pass this season worth it for a Marvel fan who jumps in and out of the game?
The battle pass which allows you to unlock everything costs $10. Some of the rewards are V Bucks, the in game currency, and it’s actually more than enough to buy the next seasons battle pass. Something they’ve always done is that theoretically you could get every single future battle pass on one $10 purchase due to the V Bucks you get as rewards as long as you save them up and don’t use them in the shop. To get everything you need to reach level 100. Seasons typically occur over 10 weeks and it’s currently on week 3 and I’m level 49 already from playing about 2-3 hours each day and doing all the daily and weekly challenges plus other stuff. The battle pass gives you 8 skins to unlock and this season they’re Thor, She-Hulk, Groot (with Rocket), Storm, Doctor Doom, Mystique, and Iron Man. The 8th skin, Wolverine, is unlocked through his own special challenges.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Yep - EA always gave 'low effort' on recent Nintendo consoles, which is another reason I refuse to pay $40 for Burnout on my Switch.

That's because EA thought the Switch would flop and didnt want to put their games on it. When the Switch proved it wasnt a flop, then they turned around this year and went "oh yeah you'll get Switch games now."

erasure fan1

For some sports fans, it's not simply about just playing the sport, it is about having your team under your control. The small details matter. You want to be 'in the world.' You want the new playbooks, the updated rosters, new uniforms, rules adjustments, Play by play announcers, & stadiums if they have changed.
No, I get that. The surprise to me is the fact that in this age, people still shovel over the $60 year over year. With games as a service being at an all time high. I just can't believe EA hasn't jumped on board to try it. I know a lot of people love Madden, and I'm sure they pay every year because they have no other real choice. EA just wants the 60, plus the micro transactions.
Business wise, I see what MS is doing and I wonder is Sony is concerned at all. I think if the PS5 is over $500, then ma
I think Sony is very concerned and that's why we have no prices yet. My guess is sony is reluctant to release a price because they know Microsoft can just pull a sony. Just youtube sony ps1 299. With the S being 299, I don't see the X being over 500.
Nice business move MS. Please provide some more franchises that personally interest me and you might get me on a Series X or S.
Since Microsoft picked up SO many studios, I can see a flood of top quality first party titles coming. I think they learned that you can’t be a 3 trick pony and win. While Halo, Gears and Forza are great franchises, they need more. They have the ability and the cash, so this should be an interesting generation.

Underdog

That's because EA thought the Switch would flop and didnt want to put their games on it. When the Switch proved it wasnt a flop, then they turned around this year and went "oh yeah you'll get Switch games now."

True, but even the stuff on there is low effort. Burnout Paradise? The same cheap conversion of last gen Fifa? It can't be that hard to port the mobile version of Madden but that is no where to be found.

I think this shows it clearly isn't about money between EA and Nintendo.

Mike S

True, but even the stuff on there is low effort. Burnout Paradise? The same cheap conversion of last gen Fifa? It can't be that hard to port the mobile version of Madden but that is no where to be found.

I think this shows it clearly isn't about money between EA and Nintendo.
There’s a an old conspiracy theory that EA wanted to be very close with Nintendo on the Wii U and have their online service Origin heavily tied into it and Nintendo obviously said no.

Underdog

No, I get that. The surprise to me is the fact that in this age, people still shovel over the $60 year over year. With games as a service being at an all time high. I just can't believe EA hasn't jumped on board to try it. I know a lot of people love Madden, and I'm sure they pay every year because they have no other real choice. EA just wants the 60, plus the micro transactions.

Exactly and since they are the only game in town, those of us who are fans have to pay up.

Since Microsoft picked up SO many studios, I can see a flood of top quality first party titles coming. I think they learned that you can’t be a 3 trick pony and win. While Halo, Gears and Forza are great franchises, they need more. They have the ability and the cash, so this should be an interesting generation.

Here's hoping. I'm a fan of what MS has done and is doing but Sony's first party titles are hard to ignore. Here's hoping MS catches up and helps us avoid 'arrogant' Sony.

Underdog

There’s a an old conspiracy theory that EA wanted to be very close with Nintendo on the Wii U and have their online service Origin heavily tied into it and Nintendo obviously said no.

I used to believe that this was a rumor that grew out of something smaller. However, considering how long it has taken for EA to support Nintendo, the I've put more belief in it.

Mike S

Exactly and since they are the only game in town, those of us who are fans have to pay up.
Not necessarily. I’m a huge fan of Metroid but still avoided the craptastic Other M. I also like 2D Mario but refuse to buy the lazy New Super Mario Bros. games.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes

Underdog

Not necessarily. I’m a huge fan of Metroid but still avoided the craptastic Other M. I also like 2D Mario but refuse to buy the lazy New Super Mario Bros. games.

I didn't... dislike the Other M but I do recall your earlier thoughts on Other M though. :) However, I did sell my Wii copy. I still have a Steelbox edition on the MP trilogy for Wii unopened. There are rumors that the HD remaster is done but NCL is sitting on it for the right time.

I really want SMG II on my Switch. SMG is fine, but I don't want to replay SM64 (thanks, but no thank you) and Sunshine is...ok.

Brer Oswald

I didn't... dislike the Other M but I do recall your earlier thoughts on Other M though. :) However, I did sell my Wii copy. I still have a Steelbox edition on the MP trilogy for Wii unopened. There are rumors that the HD remaster is done but NCL is sitting on it for the right time.

I really want SMG II on my Switch. SMG is fine, but I don't want to replay SM64 (thanks, but no thank you) and Sunshine is...ok.
Galaxy 1 is better than 2. Although I do wish it was on the collection as I have zero intention to replay 64 (the fan port on PC is better and free) or Sunshine (I hate that game). So I’m spending $60 on a Galaxy port...

If it wasn’t my favourite game of all time, I probably wouldn’t.

Mike S

No kidding. Hook a brother up!
You work in the game industry?

I’ve replayed the trilogy so many times on all the difficulties both with separate copies and the Trilogy collection. I’ll play them many more times in HD as well. Best Trilogy in gaming 👍
Galaxy 1 is better than 2. Although I do wish it was on the collection as I have zero intention to replay 64 (the fan port on PC is better and free) or Sunshine (I hate that game). So I’m spending $60 on a Galaxy port...

Dang good thing I like all 3 lol

Underdog

I prefer the challenge of 2 to the original but both are in my all-time favorites.
Looks like I am spending $60 on a port too. :)
I'm trying to be strong on SMW 3D since I have the Wii U version (& Wii U) tucked away in storage.

Slpy3270

It's 4 o'clock here right now and still no word on PS5 release date, price and pre-orders. Sounds like the Microsoft news came out of nowhere for Sony and now they'll have to rework their plans to avoid being undercut.

Either that, or the 9/9 date was simply hearsay and not official.

Brer Oswald

I prefer the challenge of 2 to the original but both are in my all-time favorites.
I'm trying to be strong on SMW 3D since I have the Wii U version (& Wii U) tucked away in storage.
I never found the second one too difficult, aside from the very last level. The levels and 2 are a bit shorter with more streamlined platforming, while the first has longer levels, typically with more variety in the individual missions themselves. I prefer the variety of Galaxy 1, but the way 2 works is fine too. 2 isn’t far off the list from 1 in my books.

As for 3D World, this port is supposed to add more than any of the others! I’m interested to see what the Bowser’s Fury mode has to offer, and how beefy it is. They also added the dive move from Super Mario Odyssey, so the game should be more fun to control.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
You work in the game industry?

That was geared around the MP trilogy. I keep debating jumping into the gaming industry (I would have to move to Austin more than likely though -- funny enough, I keep getting notifications for a job with Retro Studios), but the thought of the hours and working in an office 60 hours a week makes me pause.

Mike S

I’ll have to see if Bowser’s Fury makes the port worth it. Apparently the port adds online multiplayer as well.
I never found the second one too difficult, aside from the very last level. The levels and 2 are a bit shorter with more streamlined platforming, while the first has longer levels, typically with more variety in the individual missions themselves. I prefer the variety of Galaxy 1, but the way 2 works is fine too. 2 isn’t far off the list from 1 in my books.

As for 3D World, this port is supposed to add more than any of the others! I’m interested to see what the Bowser’s Fury mode has to offer, and how beefy it is. They also added the dive move from Super Mario Odyssey, so the game should be more fun to control.
Galaxy 1 has a more grand and cinematic feel as well. Also, Rosalina’s story book 😢
That was geared around the MP trilogy. I keep debating jumping into the gaming industry (I would have to move to Austin more than likely though -- funny enough, I keep getting notifications for a job with Retro Studios), but the thought of the hours and working in an office 60 hours a week makes me pause.
Take the job and be my man on the inside 😉

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
[QUOTE="Mike S, post: 9430766, member: 97969]Take the job and be my man on the inside 😉
[/QUOTE]

Ha! I love the industry so much, but man, I have difficulty accepting the difficult hours to go with it alongside crunch. It’s a very hard industry because of that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom