2020 Curious Constance Trip Preparation/Report

Darkbeer1

I’ve taken the Disneyland express bus many times and have never been burnt to a crisp or gotten the swine flu. I’m bummed that its shut down. And what’s with making it so hard to catch an Uber? l‘lol follow along here to see if people have any good transportation suggestions..

Prime Time Shuttle's Executive Car service. Nicely dressed driver waiting for you with a sign with your name on it at Baggage Claim. Best way to get to the Resort area. Non-stop to your Hotel and no other passengers besides your group. Cheaper than a Taxi, and much less hassle.

Darkbeer1

For our June trip, due to all my medical aids, and stuff for the convention. We are opting to rent a car each way for the day. P{ick-up in the Resort area (Alamo), drop off at the Airport. Then on our return, due to being July 4th, opting for the PPH office to drop it off.

Curious Constance

Original Poster
Prime Time Shuttle's Executive Car service. Nicely dressed driver waiting for you with a sign with your name on it at Baggage Claim. Best way to get to the Resort area. Non-stop to your Hotel and no other passengers besides your group. Cheaper than a Taxi, and much less hassle.
They have really reasonable rates, thanks for the suggestion. Think I’ll go with them. But not executive, we’d be mortified having someone stand with our name on a sign lol we will go with the economy non shared (which is cheaper than the shared ride for some reason).

Darkbeer1

They have really reasonable rates, thanks for the suggestion. Think I’ll go with them. But not executive, we’d be mortified having someone stand with our name on a sign lol we will go with the economy non shared (which is cheaper than the shared ride for some reason).
Make sure you do NOT have to use LAX-it

Darkbeer1

LAX-it is a mandated shuttle service from the terminals to an outside lot to be picked up. Designed to cut down on traffic.

Taxis, Uber, Lyft and some shuttle service are required to use it.

Verify with Prime Time the type of service you are booking will pick you up directly at the terminal and does not involve LAX-it.

TP2000

Think I’ll go with them. But not executive, we’d be mortified having someone stand with our name on a sign lol.

Be careful, I have half a mind to dress up and just stand there in Baggage Claim like this...

C3VTxdaWIAANULG.jpg

Kiwiduck

I agree that the rates seem reasonable - when @Darkbeer1 first made the suggestion about the executive town car service I thought it sounded too high roller for me, I have a Candy Cane Inn budget not a Grand Californian one, but $85 ish for a private car, curbside when I just want something easy after a 12 hour flight doesn't sound so bad. I hope you can find something that works for your family.

TP2000

My god, the option I was going to choose IS in the LAX-IT area!!!!

And how soon I forgot @TP2000’s explanation of what it was!

It's such a dorky name that's it is hard to believe that is what it is actually called. But the brain trust at LAX thought it was brilliant. They are, after all, the people that brought you LAX in general.

LAXit-Review-1.jpg

You wait to get on a green shuttle bus with all your luggage outside baggage claim, then they drive you 15 minutes away and drop you off in a satellite lot that features more lines and more confusion. LAX-it!

04californiatoday1-articleLarge.jpg

truecoat

It's such a dorky name that's it is hard to believe that is what it is actually called. But the brain trust at LAX thought it was brilliant. They are, after all, the people that brought you LAX in general.

LAXit-Review-1.jpg

You wait to get on a green shuttle bus with all your luggage outside baggage claim, then they drive you 15 minutes away and drop you off in a satellite lot that features more lines and more confusion. LAX-it!

04californiatoday1-articleLarge.jpg

Fixed it.

LAXit-Review-1.jpg

Communicora

Premium Member
I got busy with things and forgot to book a shuttle so we ended up having to use LAXit. We were lucky because our flight arrived around 8 and it was pretty calm. The worst part was dealing with our bags getting on and off the bus to the LAXit area. The bus isn’t set up for checked bag-sized luggage. 🙃We had virtually no wait for a Lyft and got to our hotel in Anaheim 35 minutes later.

TP2000

The worst part was dealing with our bags getting on and off the bus to the LAXit area. The bus isn’t set up for checked bag-sized luggage.

You're kidding? They don't have luggage racks for regular sized Samsonite suitcases? Idiots.

A little plug here. When I am forced to use LAX for overseas travel and my flight leaves before 4pm, I like to stay at the Custom Hotel the night before my flight. It's a stylish boutique hotel a 10 minute drive away, with dedicated shuttle vans that have plenty of space for all my luggage and drive me to the Tom Bradley terminal when I want. They have a nice restaurant and a very good bar attached to the hotel. Comfy rooms and a good continental breakfast in the lobby. And right next door is a Ralph's supermarket so if you forgot anything you can pop in there and get anything you need.

It makes dealing with LAX far more relaxing and lowers your anger and stress levels.

Curious Constance

Original Poster
My kids are going to be so mortified lol Someone needs to tell me what an appropriate tip will be for our driver because I’m tip dumb.

Mickeyboof

For what it’s worth, Friday the 7th I arrived to LAX, very surprised at this new LAXit process.

I was on the shuttle, which had seats removed for large luggage to be piled. A dedicated employee organized large checked bags into a central area of the bus. So that wasn’t an issue. Very smooth.

I had ordered my Uber before stepping on the bus, and received my “pin” number early. It was about 15 minutes from leaving the airport to sitting in my Uber.

Upon departing, lyft dropped me off square at my terminal.

Seems like lots of variation in this new process. I’m sticking to Uber, myself.

Be prepared for anything.

Mickeyboof

I should add- my first thought when I discovered this new layered process was “this is going to suck when the airport is even moderately crowded...”

I arrived on a very quiet day.

There is just no hope for those who arrive on peak hours or days.

Curious Constance

Original Poster
I should add- my first thought when I discovered this new layered process was “this is going to suck when the airport is even moderately crowded...”

I arrived on a very quiet day.

There is just no hope for those who arrive on peak hours or days.
Luckily we’ll have a servant picking us up at the baggage claim area. Now, is it considered rude to call him servant to his face or ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom