2019 NCAA Football Thread - College Gameday is Live from Mainstreet Train Station!!

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Will do my Louisville recap & BC preview on Friday, but I just want to make a comment or two.

So, Alabama can play like $hit for 3 quarters and struggle at home against one of the worst P5 teams in the country and they don’t even drop a single spot? But we play one bad quarter before cruising to a 35 point win on the road against a team that actually has a winning record and then we drop from 3-4? And don’t play the injury card because Bama was struggling offensively before Tua got hurt.

And OSU deserves to be in the top 3, and possibly 1 to some people, because they’re destroying the JV teams that make up the Big10 while annihilating the girl scout troops they had for non-conference play?

It’s quite comical how biased the AP poll is. Hell, they don’t even try to hide it anymore. But as always, it’ll be irrelevant in a couple weeks when the first CFP rankings are released.
I don't see Bama as #1 either....as the DEFENSE is what is really looking suspect

My bias would be the Champion Stays #1 until beaten, of at least until there is another team clearly superior; haven't seen either of those two so far....

21stamps

Will do my Louisville recap & BC preview on Friday, but I just want to make a comment or two.

So, Alabama can play like $hit for 3 quarters and struggle at home against one of the worst P5 teams in the country and they don’t even drop a single spot? But we play one bad quarter before cruising to a 35 point win on the road against a team that actually has a winning record and then we drop from 3-4? And don’t play the injury card because Bama was struggling offensively before Tua got hurt.

And OSU deserves to be in the top 3, and possibly 1 to some people, because they’re destroying the JV teams that make up the Big10 while annihilating the girl scout troops they had for non-conference play?

It’s quite comical how biased the AP poll is. Hell, they don’t even try to hide it anymore. But as always, it’ll be irrelevant in a couple weeks when the first CFP rankings are released.

Alabama should not be #1.

OSU should be where they are or higher. Have you watched their games? I know people like to talk about the Big 10 not being strong this year.. but seriously have you watched OSU play?

Nothing matters until the CFP Polls

AP Poll is clearly showing bias as LSU, based on resume to date, should be 1, followed by Ohio State

I agree with this actually.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Has this been a lack-luster season? Bored to sleep so far....

This weekend's lineup has promise:

12:00
Wisconsin @ Ohio State ..... is Wisconsin for real? Can Ohio State score at will?
Oklahoma @ Kansas State - Oklahoma has one marquee win so far

3:30
Auburn @ LSU - LSU could be #1 after this, or the West would really be shook up!
Penn State @ Michigan State - Penn State is still a quiet undefeated team
Texas @ TCU - Texas is not having the season they hoped......
Maryland @ Minnesota - Minnesota is getting no love

7:00
Arkansas @ Alabama - Tua out, Mac in........see how Bama's running game and defense plays...Mac is no Tua but is decent

7:30
Boston College @ Clemson ....story line here?
Notre Dame @ Michigan - Michigan can ruin any hope left those boys

Last note....if Texas loses again, do they drop out of the Top 25?

Tony Perkis

Alabama should not be #1.

OSU should be where they are or higher. Have you watched their games? I know people like to talk about the Big 10 not being strong this year.. but seriously have you watched OSU play?
They’ve looked great against a poor schedule. Pump the breaks until they play actual teams this and next week; boasting about a win against Cincinnati isn’t very flattering.

21stamps

Has this been a lack-luster season? Bored to sleep so far....

This weekend's lineup has promise:

12:00
Wisconsin @ Ohio State ..... is Wisconsin for real? Can Ohio State score at will?
Oklahoma @ Kansas State - Oklahoma has one marquee win so far

3:30
Auburn @ LSU - LSU could be #1 after this, or the West would really be shook up!
Penn State @ Michigan State - Penn State is still a quiet undefeated team
Texas @ TCU - Texas is not having the season they hoped......
Maryland @ Minnesota - Minnesota is getting no love

7:00
Arkansas @ Alabama - Tua out, Mac in........see how Bama's running game and defense plays...Mac is no Tua but is decent

7:30
Boston College @ Clemson ....story line here?
Notre Dame @ Michigan - Michigan can ruin any hope left those boys

Last note....if Texas loses again, do they drop out of the Top 25?

I’m excited for this weekend.

I’d love to see Auburn pull off an upset.

Michigan State do the same.

Michigan win.

Kansas City win.

Bama perform poorly and drop down from #1.

OSU win obviously. This game is always one of my faves of the year. Wisconsin has a beastly defense.. even more than ever right now. Should be a great match.

I don’t have any thoughts or wishes on the Boston College and Clemson game.

I don’t think Texas will drop out just yet.

One thing I worry with Wisconsin- they’re really fighting for their life here after their loss. I wish they wouldn’t have the loss, for multiple reasons.. but also because I think it’s going to add another layer of fire that wouldn’t have been there already.

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

Good game last Saturday against Louisville. 1st quarter wasn’t pretty, but we got things going early in the 2nd quarter and didn’t look back. Aside from the 2 picks (the 1st wasn’t Trevor’s fault), Trevor had a pretty decent game. Etienne had another great game as well. Hopefully he’s getting cranked up for the 2nd half of the season. Defense played very well and did a great job forcing turnovers. And it was good to see Potter nail that 51yd field goal. It was a bit of a redemption game for him. Overall, good game and a good win.

Should be a good but wet one tomorrow night in the Valley. BC is well coached and has one of the top 3 offenses in the ACC. Dillon is a great, physical RB and can rack up a bunch of yards in a heartbeat. Hopefully we can get off to a fast start offensively and the defense can shutdown BC early. Just need to stay focused and take care of business.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Wow so far today.....Oklahoma loses to Kansas State, and Notre Dame is down 17-0 to Michigan. If Michigan holds off Notre Dame, all kinds of possibilities for the CFP.

4 Slots go to:

Clemson
SEC #1 - Bama, LSU, Georgia, and Florida ALL control their own destiny.
Big 10 #1 - PSU, Minnesota, and Ohio State ALL control their own destiny

Candidates for the 4th slot if Notre Dame loses again tonight?
Oklahoma - Should be in good shape if they win out and win Conference
Baylor - Should be in good shape if they win out and win Conference....couldn't pass on an Undefeated Champ?
SEC #2 - Bama/LSU loser could sit home and watch the SEC Championship as a 1 loss team and still get in....Also could have a 1 loss Florida /Georgia upset and Undefeated Bama/LSU in the SEC Championship and have both get in
Big 10 #2 - PSU/OSU Loser .... same scenario as above with Bama/LSU....Also could have Minnesota beat undefeated OSU in the Big 10 Championship and have both go.....
Oregon - Needs Baylor, Oklahoma to lose, AND Bama/LSU loser to have 2nd loss
Utah - stretch at best

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
I’m excited for this weekend.

I’d love to see Auburn pull off an upset. Came close

Michigan State do the same. Nope

Michigan win. Looking Good

Kansas City win. State? If so, yepper

Bama perform poorly and drop down from #1. Playing a really bad Arkansas team and currently 48-0

OSU win obviously. This game is always one of my faves of the year. Wisconsin has a beastly defense.. even more than ever right now. Should be a great match. Looked Good

I don’t have any thoughts or wishes on the Boston College and Clemson game.

I don’t think Texas will drop out just yet. A & M did with 3 losses....and A&M lost to #1, #3, and #9

One thing I worry with Wisconsin- they’re really fighting for their life here after their loss. I wish they wouldn’t have the loss, for multiple reasons.. but also because I think it’s going to add another layer of fire that wouldn’t have been there already.

21stamps

That’s twice I said Kansas City and meant Kansas State. 🤦‍♀️😂

I was cheering for them. Same for Auburn. So close.

What I meant with Texas is I don’t think they’ll lose to TCU, and will remain ranked.

21stamps

Wow so far today.....Oklahoma loses to Kansas State, and Notre Dame is down 17-0 to Michigan. If Michigan holds off Notre Dame, all kinds of possibilities for the CFP.

4 Slots go to:

Clemson
SEC #1 - Bama, LSU, Georgia, and Florida ALL control their own destiny.
Big 10 #1 - PSU, Minnesota, and Ohio State ALL control their own destiny

Candidates for the 4th slot if Notre Dame loses again tonight?
Oklahoma - Should be in good shape if they win out and win Conference
Baylor - Should be in good shape if they win out and win Conference....couldn't pass on an Undefeated Champ?
SEC #2 - Bama/LSU loser could sit home and watch the SEC Championship as a 1 loss team and still get in....Also could have a 1 loss Florida /Georgia upset and Undefeated Bama/LSU in the SEC Championship and have both get in
Big 10 #2 - PSU/OSU Loser .... same scenario as above with Bama/LSU....Also could have Minnesota beat undefeated OSU in the Big 10 Championship and have both go.....
Oregon - Needs Baylor, Oklahoma to lose, AND Bama/LSU loser to have 2nd loss
Utah - stretch at best

If Bama loses one game this season then I think they’re out. If LSU loses a game then I think they’re still in.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
So....the AP has Oregon at #7, Utah #9, and Oklahoma at #10.....

I’d say the #2 Big 10 or #2 SEC is a better choice for CFP #4
AP is a joke by trying to make PAC 10 relevant

Last edited:

21stamps

So....the AP has Oregon at #7, Utah #9, and Oklahoma at #10.....

I’d say the #2 Big 10 or #2 SEC is a better choice for CFP #4
AP is a joke by trying to make PAC 10 relevant

I just came here to comment on the new poll. I don’t understand some of the rankings at all. I do think the top 5 is correct.

21stamps

Still think the B1G is JV teams?
And has OSU proven themselves to you yet, as in you understand why they’re ranked where they are?

Btw, The win (obscene beating) against Cincinnati is looking better and better.

Last edited:

Tony Perkis

And has OSU proven themselves to you yet, as in you understand why they’re ranked where they are?

Boasting about Cincinnati is like boasting about SMU.

Ohio State is top 4. I would very easily put LSU and Bama over them. Wisconsin is looking more and more like a dud.

Flurz

Has anyone heard of an up to date remake of the NCAA football game? I heard there may be a version floating around out there somewhere and would love to play with more current "rosters."

Captain Barbossa

Nope, still not impressed. Sorry. Wisconsin was/is overrated, and we all know that. All they have is Jonathan Taylor and that's it. No QB or any skilled WRs, and their defense is pretty much average, if not below. Look, I'm not trying to constantly rip on your Buckeyes, but I'm just not impressed. I am interested to see how OSU fairs against PSU later in November though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom