2019 NCAA Football Thread - College Gameday is Live from Mainstreet Train Station!!

Captain Barbossa

Good game last Saturday night against Charlotte. Thought we played very well on all 3 sides of the ball. It was nice to pull the 1s out earlier than we normally would and get the 2s and 3s out there midway through the 2nd quarter. Overall, it was a good game and a good win.

Should be a good one tomorrow afternoon in Chapel Hill. It’s been a while since we’ve squared off against the Tarheels. I respect Mack Brown and I know that he’ll have UNC fired up and ready to go. Just need to focus on taking care of business.

Here’s some pictures from last Saturday night when Disney was filming during halftime.

82E1D960-DBB4-4278-A8CE-ECE4EB63F5D1.jpeg
949050B2-D960-433D-8202-F4BCD25A4BED.jpeg

B851F10B-9328-4110-BAD7-7A9F8803F8D0.jpeg

0BEABBAC-12E7-4341-A718-B135EEFB89B5.jpeg
AE090471-CA2E-4A7B-BAE2-2BC82E0F42BA.jpeg
0CD8B016-45D0-4E93-8158-9D3F77291A66.jpeg

It was truly an unforgettable night! The Disney magic was definitely in the air! They ran down the Hill, did 2 plays, and ended on a kickoff, all in just 7mins.

They came back in the stadium Sunday night and filmed some more before wrapping up on Monday and heading to Atlanta to finish the movie. The goal is to have the movie released on Disney+ by the start of the 2020 season.

21stamps

Looking good...and Georgia might have kept the wrong QB?

For sure.

I don’t know how they’re only ranked at #4. If they continue playing as they have been, I predict they move ahead of Bama once they play some higher ranked teams, #2 at the very least. I think the low rankings of other teams, especially Michigan State, will work against them... but unless something catastrophic happens, I can’t imagine a playoff scenario where the Bucks are excluded.
From what I’ve seen, they look better than both Clemson and Alabama right now.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
For sure.

I don’t know how they’re only ranked at #4. If they continue playing as they have been, I predict they move ahead of Bama once they play some higher ranked teams, #2 at the very least. I think the low rankings of other teams, especially Michigan State, will work against them... but unless something catastrophic happens, I can’t imagine a playoff scenario where the Bucks are excluded.
From what I’ve seen, they look better than both Clemson and Alabama right now.
I have them #1 at this point....here is what I see:

1 - OSU
2 - Georgia
3 - Clemson
4 - LSU
5 - Bama
6 - Oklahoma

This is my take based ONLY on what has been accomplished to date. Georgia has the best quality win over the Irish, Clemson has a decent win over A&M (we'll see how this looks later in the year), LSU has beaten Texas......

A bit deeper take ......

Things shape up well for the following:
Clemson - easiest path with little in the way
OSU - obvious path is to win out...seems to have the easier of remaining paths as it includes PSU and Wisconsin

A little tougher path(s)
Oklahoma and Texas - winner of Red River should be good, but MUST Sweep the series
PSU - Must sweep OSU, Michigan, and Wisconsin
Wisconsin - Almost have to be undefeated

Tougher Path(s)
Georgia - Brutal path with Florida, A&M, Auburn, and whoever takes the West
LSU - Can they beat Bama, Auburn and Georgia?
Michigan - no room for error as the must win out
Bama - should be favored against A&M, LSU, Auburn, and Georgia if they make it....defense is suspect

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Here is what's hapnin this weekend:

12:00
Oklahoma @ Texas - Red River Shootout at the Cotton Bowl
South Carolina @ Georgia - trip up?

3:30
Michigan State @ Wisconsin
Florida State @ Clemson --used to be a big un
Bama @ A&M - Could this be a another trip up?

7:30
Penn State @ Iowa
Usc @ Notre Dame - Another trip up?

8:00
Florida @ LSU - Both for real?

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

Tough win a couple weeks ago against UNC, but a win nonetheless. Offense didn’t play bad, just stalled out a lot when we’d have a good drive going. I will admit that the left side of the OL needs to learn to not move until the ball is snapped. :hilarious: But I was glad to see Trevor have a good, clean game through the air, along with a lot of success on the ground. Defense played well, and at times is what kept us in the game. Like the saying goes, sometimes your best offense is your defense. It may have not been pretty, but a win is a win, and I’ll take it.

The 1st of 2 bye weeks came at a good time. Got the chance regroup as a team and heal up any injuries.

Should be a good one tomorrow in the Valley. FSU, who’s also coming off of a bye week, isn’t great, but they’re a much better team this year than the one we played last year in Tallahassee. I’m sure Willie Taggart will try to have his guys fired up and ready to go, but our guys are glad to be back home and will be more than fired up come game time tomorrow afternoon. Just need to stay focused on taking care of business against the crimin.....I mean Seminoles.

Captain Barbossa

Good game last Saturday against FSU. Just what the doctor ordered coming off of the bye week. Offense definitely came out with an aggressive mindset and took command from the get-go. Trevor played well but made a stupid decision to throw the ball downfield instead of just simply tossing it out of bounds. Need to work on that. Glad to see Etienne and the rest of the running game have a good day on the ground. Defense played very well and did a great job forcing turnovers. In terms of special teams, Potter deserved every bit of the @ss chewin’ he took from Dabo. He’s missed way too many from short range this season. It’s time to give Sawicki a chance.

Should be a good one tomorrow at high noon against Louisville. Still enjoying the fact that Petrino is gone. Like FSU, Louisville is a struggling team, but they’re much better this year than they were a year ago. Hopefully the offense will come out aggressively like they did last week and the defense can keep on forcing turnovers. Will be interested to see how Sawicki does on the road in his first start here at Clemson. (transferred from NCA&T) The last 2 games against the red birds have been blowout victories for us. Hoping that trend will continue tomorrow. Just need to take care of business.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Here's what's happnin' today:

12:00
Clemson @ Louisville - currently 10-3 Clemson 2 mins to half
West Virginia @ Oklahoma - 28-7 Okie with 5 mins left in 1st Half....thought this could be a decent game
Wisconsin @ Illinois - 13-7 Wisc with 1 min left in 1st Half
Florida @ South Carolina - South Carolina could make things interesting in The SEC East
Auburn @ Arkansas - 17-0 Auburn 1st half
3:30
Oregon @ Washington
4:00
Baylor @ Oklahoma State - Baylor is an under the radar undefeated team
6:00
Kentucky @ Georgia - Georgia must win out..........
Arizona State @ Utah
7:30
Michigan @ Penn State - Penn State for real?
9:00 Tennessee @ Alabama

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Good game last Saturday against FSU. Just what the doctor ordered coming off of the bye week. Offense definitely came out with an aggressive mindset and took command from the get-go. Trevor played well but made a stupid decision to throw the ball downfield instead of just simply tossing it out of bounds. Need to work on that. Glad to see Etienne and the rest of the running game have a good day on the ground. Defense played very well and did a great job forcing turnovers. In terms of special teams, Potter deserved every bit of the @ss chewin’ he took from Dabo. He’s missed way too many from short range this season. It’s time to give Sawicki a chance.

Should be a good one tomorrow at high noon against Louisville. Still enjoying the fact that Petrino is gone. Like FSU, Louisville is a struggling team, but they’re much better this year than they were a year ago. Hopefully the offense will come out aggressively like they did last week and the defense can keep on forcing turnovers. Will be interested to see how Sawicki does on the road in his first start here at Clemson. (transferred from NCA&T) The last 2 games against the red birds have been blowout victories for us. Hoping that trend will continue tomorrow. Just need to take care of business.
Lou Lou is hanging around.....I expect a different 2nd half.

Altough something does appear to be a bit off, your peeps are in good shape to make another run in the CFP

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
AP Top 10

1 Bama
2 LSU
3 Ohio State
4 Clemson
5 Oklahoma
6 Penn State
7 Florida
8 Notre Dame
9 Auburn
10 Georgia

Seems the Pollsters are getting cute as Clemson is now #4, and Bama is still #1. Clemson at #4 because of a weak schedule? Remind me of who Bama has played? Appears they are looking ahead to Clemson's easy path, and Bama's path about to toughen?

The Top 10 Undefeated
Bama - Tua out for a game or so, and defense suspect
LSU - Looks legit but must prove they can beat Bama....tough test this weekend with Auburn
Ohio State - Wisconsin this weekend, Penn State as Thanksgiving approaches
Clemson - should be undefeated again.....where will they be ranked?
Oklahoma - At Baylor mid-November....possible slip up with Iowa State? Rematch with Texas?
Penn State - Minnesota and Ohio State on the horizon

The Rest of the Top 10
Florida - Georgia in Jacksonville
Notre Dame - Michigan this weekend
Auburn - LSU, Georgia, and Bama.....brutal
Georgia - Florida, Auburn and Texas A&M......and no margin of error

Quiet and Undefeated
Baylor
Minnesota

21stamps

AP Top 10

1 Bama
2 LSU
3 Ohio State
4 Clemson
5 Oklahoma
6 Penn State
7 Florida
8 Notre Dame
9 Auburn
10 Georgia

Seems the Pollsters are getting cute as Clemson is now #4, and Bama is still #1. Clemson at #4 because of a weak schedule? Remind me of who Bama has played? Appears they are looking ahead to Clemson's easy path, and Bama's path about to toughen?

The Top 10 Undefeated
Bama - Tua out for a game or so, and defense suspect
LSU - Looks legit but must prove they can beat Bama....tough test this weekend with Auburn
Ohio State - Wisconsin this weekend, Penn State as Thanksgiving approaches
Clemson - should be undefeated again.....where will they be ranked?
Oklahoma - At Baylor mid-November....possible slip up with Iowa State? Rematch with Texas?
Penn State - Minnesota and Ohio State on the horizon

The Rest of the Top 10
Florida - Georgia in Jacksonville
Notre Dame - Michigan this weekend
Auburn - LSU, Georgia, and Bama.....brutal
Georgia - Florida, Auburn and Texas A&M......and no margin of error

Quiet and Undefeated
Baylor
Minnesota

Ohio State should be number 1. Not saying that as an OSU fan, but as a football fan.
they look like the best team in the NCAA right now.

Captain Barbossa

Will do my Louisville recap & BC preview on Friday, but I just want to make a comment or two.

So, Alabama can play like $hit for 3 quarters and struggle at home against one of the worst P5 teams in the country and they don’t even drop a single spot? But we play one bad quarter before cruising to a 35 point win on the road against a team that actually has a winning record and then we drop from 3-4? And don’t play the injury card because Bama was struggling offensively before Tua got hurt.

And OSU deserves to be in the top 3, and possibly 1 to some people, because they’re destroying the JV teams that make up the Big10 while annihilating the girl scout troops they had for non-conference play?

It’s quite comical how biased the AP poll is. Hell, they don’t even try to hide it anymore. But as always, it’ll be irrelevant in a couple weeks when the first CFP rankings are released.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Nothing matters until the CFP Polls

AP Poll is clearly showing bias as LSU, based on resume to date, should be 1, followed by Ohio State

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom