News 2019 Christmas Holiday Phase Closing watch

themerebear6453

I am sorry, but I do not believe your post. Are you suggesting you were able to obtain a same day fastpass for multiple attractions, including Peter Pan? I am glad your not overreacting with crowd drama, and we all know about refreshing the MDE app, but you lost me on the no more than 30 minute waits, during one of the busiest days of the year.
You just have to refresh the app a bit. I saw a 7 Dwarfs available but it was for 10:15, and we wanted to leave after the fireworks. We're only a party of two, so that probably helps. I have no reason to lie on here.

ToTBellHop

I am sorry, but I do not believe your post. Are you suggesting you were able to obtain a same day fastpass for multiple attractions, including Peter Pan? I am glad your not overreacting with crowd drama, and we all know about refreshing the MDE app, but you lost me on the no more than 30 minute waits, during one of the busiest days of the year.
I didn’t wait more than 30 min for anything today.

I rode:
TOT twice
SDD
TSM
Star Tours twice
RotR
(Lunch at Hollywood Brown)
Saw Frozen sing along
Saw BatB
Saw Christmas parade front row Liberty Square grabbing seat at 2:30
Jingle Cruise (same day FP)
Mad Tea Party
Haunted Mansion (same day FP)

left at 5:30 as the boys asked to swim

Waited longest for Mad Tea Party of all things...

Kevin_W

MK must be BRUTAL. 60 min for Mad Tea Party? 90 for Dumbo. I feel for those people. Thank goodness I have these boards and knew MK is a zoo on Christmas.

We had a great time. Walked on our first 5-6 rides, then did FP+, then enjoyed the entertainment (no 60-minute wait for Dapper Dams and Main Street Philharmonic!), then back to the hotel for a nap. Watching the fireworks actually was less of a hassle than a typical HEA, but perhaps we were lucky.

ToTBellHop

We had a great time. Walked on our first 5-6 rides, then did FP+, then enjoyed the entertainment (no 60-minute wait for Dapper Dams and Main Street Philharmonic!), then back to the hotel for a nap. Watching the fireworks actually was less of a hassle than a typical HEA, but perhaps we were lucky.
I have noticed the crowd doesn’t seem to have many planners or people that, in general, know what they are doing or where they are going. Haven’t seen a single laminated map or highlighted schedule lol. Those of us in-the-know can benefit from this widespread lack of awareness.

Presidents Weekend was the opposite. So cutthroat!

Victor Kelly

Been at MK during a Phase 4 for a Christmas in 86. We went to Epcot around 1pm. Hardly anyone there.

What I have wanted to know is how many people trigger each phase.

gerarar

Premium Member
The parks weren't that bad today. If I were to say, I think AK was the most crowded out of all of them today, but it was probably just timing and place since I went there for Everest and FoP.

Got to park hop all 4 parks today, solo.
My favorite part was my night frenzy. Took Skyliner from Epcot to Hollywood Studios to catch 9pm Fantasmic! one last time this trip, then quickly ran to the bus stops to hop over to MK to catch the Christmas fireworks at 10pm one last time, also! I was sweating in between, but it was totally worth it!!
VideoCapture_20191226-223653.jpg

VideoCapture_20191226-223556.jpg
VideoCapture_20191226-223334.jpg
VideoCapture_20191226-223415.jpg

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
The parks weren't that bad today. If I were to say, I think AK was the most crowded out of all of them today, but it was probably just timing and place since I went there for Everest and FoP.

My favorite part was my night frenzy. Took Skyliner from Epcot to Hollywood Studios to catch 9pm Fantasmic! one last time this trip, then quickly ran to the bus stops to hop over to MK to catch the Christmas fireworks at 10pm one last time, also! I was sweating in between, but it was totally worth it!!
View attachment 436584
View attachment 436585View attachment 436586View attachment 436587
Well done!

NelsonRD

We went to Magic Kingdom today, and despite what the lines looked like to others, I had no problem getting on Space three times, getting a fastpass for Peter Pan, Big Thunder, Splash, Jingle Cruise, and Dumbo. We rode 12 rides and never waited more than 30 minutes. We also ate at Be Our Guest and Jungle Cantina and saw the Christmas parade with front row views in front of the castle. Yeah, it was crowded, but as long as you know how to use the My Disney Experience app, it isnt nearly what people make it out to be. I would do it again.

MK must be BRUTAL. 60 min for Mad Tea Party? 90 for Dumbo. I feel for those people. Thank goodness I have these boards and knew MK is a zoo on Christmas.

Just doesn't make sense to me. So, what was MK? A zoo or walking on Space 3 times with no more than 30 minute waits for anything?

themerebear6453

Just doesn't make sense to me. So, what was MK? A zoo or walking on Space 3 times with no more than 30 minute waits for anything?
It was a zoo, but you could get fastpasses if you looked for them, and it seemed like lots of people weren't. I heard people saying they were gone for the day, but if you reloaded the app a few times there were plenty available. It was crowded, and my husband and I agreed if it was your first trip you might not come back, but we knew what we were doing and had a great time.

TrainsOfDisney

View attachment 436584
View attachment 436585View attachment 436586View attachment 436587

Park hopping to see multiple night time shows during the holidays is the best! There is a fun “rush” hoping the transportation will all work out. I’m on my way down there now!

SoFloMagic

It was a zoo, but you could get fastpasses if you looked for them, and it seemed like lots of people weren't. I heard people saying they were gone for the day, but if you reloaded the app a few times there were plenty available. It was crowded, and my husband and I agreed if it was your first trip you might not come back, but we knew what we were doing and had a great time.
Also I'm imagining you got a lot done in the morning, and the other quote was from the afternoon. If you get there in the morning and understand the app, you can get a ton done there.

themerebear6453

Also I'm imagining you got a lot done in the morning, and the other quote was from the afternoon. If you get there in the morning and understand the app, you can get a ton done there.
Yeah, we got there at 6 a.m., which got us on two Space Mountains without a wait. We ate breakfast at Gastons after that and waited for our 8 a.m. Peter Pan fastpass. We did trade our first Space Mountain fastpass, which was supposed to be at 8:50 for our Peter Pan, so it was available, but only early in the morning. Still saved us 45 minutes in line. We got our third Space Mountain fastpass around 2 p.m. affter finishing our initial 3 fastpasses.

NelsonRD

We all understand the app, and know that constant refreshing provides different results, and if you are persistent enough, you can get lucky. We are also aware of the rope dropping advantage. I am just surprised to hear no more than 30 minute waits, availability at Be Our Guest, and front row parade viewing.

Historically, on a day as busy as Christmas, you are looking at waits for the Swiss Family Treehouse, and and availability of same day fastfasses are very limited.

Dad 2 M & M

We all understand the app, and know that constant refreshing provides different results, and if you are persistent enough, you can get lucky. We are also aware of the rope dropping advantage. I am just surprised to hear no more than 30 minute waits, availability at Be Our Guest, and front row parade viewing.

Historically, on a day as busy as Christmas, you are looking at waits for the Swiss Family Treehouse, and and availability of same day fastfasses are very limited.
Logging in to your MDE is better than the app....and a taking it a step further, using the kiosks in the Parks will yield even better FPs same day......

For FPs, we use the app sparingly while in the Parks. The app is a decent tool for Mobile food orders (we've had a few bad experiences here as well) and a quick look at wait times....

mikejs78

Premium Member
Glad I didn’t believe folks who said, “Christmas is crazy crowded and miserable!”

Presidents Weekend was busier to me—bigger crowds at rope drop and it was harder to get “good” FPs then. I’d do Christmas again. I wouldn’t do Presidents Weekend again.
I did Presidents weekend/week this year and didn't really have a problem. Got all the FPs I wanted and used all my knowledge to avoid waiting for anything more than 30 min. Would do it again. Guess your mileage can vary....

mikejs78

Premium Member
Logging in to your MDE is better than the app....and a taking it a step further, using the kiosks in the Parks will yield even better FPs same day......

For FPs, we use the app sparingly while in the Parks. The app is a decent tool for Mobile food orders (we've had a few bad experiences here as well) and a quick look at wait times....
Eh, I've never had trouble getting FPs I want in the park using the app...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom