News 2019 Christmas Holiday Phase Closing watch

themerebear6453

We went to Magic Kingdom today, and despite what the lines looked like to others, I had no problem getting on Space three times, getting a fastpass for Peter Pan, Big Thunder, Splash, Jingle Cruise, and Dumbo. We rode 12 rides and never waited more than 30 minutes. We also ate at Be Our Guest and Jungle Cantina and saw the Christmas parade with front row views in front of the castle. Yeah, it was crowded, but as long as you know how to use the My Disney Experience app, it isnt nearly what people make it out to be. I would do it again.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
You don’t really believe that, do you?

I would think fire code regulations set a hard cap.
Full stop. Period.

Full stop, eh? Who do you think controls the body that controls those regulations? Outside of any minimum standards defined by the state they can do whatever they want. They've also lobbied to get special exceptions from the state for all sorts of things like injury reporting.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
We went to Magic Kingdom today, and despite what the lines looked like to others, I had no problem getting on Space three times, getting a fastpass for Peter Pan, Big Thunder, Splash, Jingle Cruise, and Dumbo. We rode 12 rides and never waited more than 30 minutes. We also ate at Be Our Guest and Jungle Cantina and saw the Christmas parade with front row views in front of the castle. Yeah, it was crowded, but as long as you know how to use the My Disney Experience app, it isnt nearly what people make it out to be. I would do it again.

It seems like it is less busy than years past, but that could be due to HS actually having people visit it.

danitaytay

We went on Christmas back in 2013. Decided to avoid MK and Epcot on Christmas and did AK on Christmas Day. Best idea we could've possibly had. Same can't be said for when we arrive in a few days as my sister has insisted we do Epcot on New Year's Eve. Should be interesting...

Bwrinks

Agreed. It was not THAT bad. We rope dropped, which did mean a very early wake up call—caught Monorail at 5:15am from Poly. Rode Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan, Pooh, Tea Cups, Barnstormer (x2), dumbo, Ariel, carousel, thunder mt (x2), pirates, tiki room, and Splash all before 9:45am. Left for breakfast at O’hana, pool time and back to parks at 4:30 for Meet Mickey, 7DMT, Space MT, Carousel of Progress, Monsters Inc, and Splash again. It took some creative fast pass usage, but we’re back in the room and ready for 4:45 wake up for Hollywood Studios tomorrow.

AshaNeOmah

I'm still here at 8:55 and it hasn't been that bad, IMO.

We've done Barnstormer, Dumbo, Small World, Haunted Mansion, Jingle Cruise, Liberty Tree Tavern, Christmas Parade, Little Mermaid, Tea Cups, Castle Lighting, Carousel, Philharmagic, and about to ride 7DMT. Then grabbing a spot, any spot, for fireworks. We've got about 12 rides today, averaging 1 an hour with other shows mixed in. Not great, but I've done worse.

Edit: This is with a 3 and 6 year old. Would have done better with only adults.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
This was my family and I one hour before the Christmas fireworks tonight. It was jam packed in the Hub, but it always is for any firework show, any time of the year at the MK. (like HEA)
20191225_213148.jpg
20191225_213133.jpg

As for the fireworks themselves, absolutely loved them! I've been following it since it debuted during the Christmas parties this season, so it was a joy to finally see it in person. It was nice seeing the minor differences in the show as there are no perimeter launches used. For ex there's more bam! in the finale.
20191225_220334(0).jpg

Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime fireworks is a fantastic successor to Holiday Wishes.

But to reiterate what themerebear6453, Bwrinks, & AshaNeOmah said, Magic Kingdom wasn't that bad today. Some major walkways were bottlenecks at times, but we got to ride all the major rides on our list, minus 7DMT; Spash, BTM, HM, Jingle Cruise, Space, Little Mermaid, Philharmagic, Christmas parade, stage shows, fireworks, and more.

If you know how to utilize the MDE app and fastpasses, you should be fine. It's also wise to note that we had Pirates FP for 4:15, but it was down for majority of day so we got an use-anywhere FP.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
We went on Christmas back in 2013. Decided to avoid MK and Epcot on Christmas and did AK on Christmas Day. Best idea we could've possibly had. Same can't be said for when we arrive in a few days as my sister has insisted we do Epcot on New Year's Eve. Should be interesting...
It’s not As bad as people say. The lines for attractions get long but the overall crowd levels aren’t terrible. They do a great job of keeping people moving in world showcase after dark by turning certain areas into roundabouts. If ya see someone dancing like crazy at the silent disco, that’s probably me!

Touchdown

I think you guys just had low expectations, you were in a spot for fireworks that I typically am, during party season for HEA I show up 45-30 min before, and during the rest of the year 15-30 min before. You are slammed in 1 hr before.

NelsonRD

I am sorry, but I do not believe your post. Are you suggesting you were able to obtain a same day fastpass for multiple attractions, including Peter Pan? I am glad your not overreacting with crowd drama, and we all know about refreshing the MDE app, but you lost me on the no more than 30 minute waits, during one of the busiest days of the year.

gerarar

Premium Member
I think you guys just had low expectations, you were in a spot for fireworks that I typically am, during party season for HEA I show up 45-30 min before, and during the rest of the year 15-30 min before. You are slammed in 1 hr before.
There were stage shows at 8pm and 9pm before the 10pm fireworks, so I guess that could've contributed to it.

YodaMan

I'm surprised that DHS approached a phase close on 12/25/2019. According to the wait times between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m., for everything outside of Galaxy's Edge, we calculated the crowd as a '6' on our 1-to-10 scale.

Studios was absolutely fine yesterday. Not dead, but far calmer than any day over Thanksgiving week. I’m wondering if Studios leadership is still unsure of what number they consider “capacity” for the park with all the new additions.

peter11435

Last I saw from these boards was 95k for MK and about 120k for Epcot. This was 4-6 years ago.

It used to be the TTC lot would be at capacity before MK... they quickly expanded TTC lot quickly the next year.
Those numbers are not accurate.

The TTC can and does still fill to capacity before the park. This obviously is dependent on the guest make up on a particular day.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Current wait times... (11:40 AM local time)

225 Mins: Flight of Passage
165 Mins: Na'vi River
130 Mins: Jungle Cruise, Test Track, Mine Train
115 Mins: Rockin'
110 Mins: Millennium Falcon
105 Mins: Pan, Space, SSE
95 Mins: Slinky
85 Mins: Safari, Everest

Looks like a busy morning at AK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom