2019 Box Office tracking

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If I'm adding right Disney/Marvel will have about 15000 screens in NA this weekend. We might never see such an event again for decades.

That's a lot of popcorn.
Oh I don't know, since Disney basically owns the movie schedule now I have to assume this will happen again sooner rather than later with Disney/Marvel releases.

You're going have some combination of Disney/Fox/Marvel/Lucas/Pixar movies being in theaters at all times now.

What I'm waiting for is the Inception level event where we get a single movie that all studios under the Disney banner have an associated credit. It'll be glorious, you'll have theaters across the globe all exploding like the scene out of Kingsman:

Indy_UK

I see TS4 and Aladdin just falling short of $1 billion myself. If Disneys films this year were slightly more spread out or a movie or two fell into 2020, they would be crossing the mark easier

jt04

I see TS4 and Aladdin just falling short of $1 billion myself. If Disneys films this year were slightly more spread out or a movie or two fell into 2020, they would be crossing the mark easier

One or the other will get the push on labor day if needed though I think both will be over by then.

What if Disney had a labor day week promotion offer for the big 4 summer movies. EG, Aladdin, TS4 and TLK. 4 passes for a flat $20.00. Must be used that week.

They would have to do this in cooperation with some big chains but imagine it would work well.

Darkprime

Part of the reason they are dropping so many movies this year is so they can be on Disney+ when it launches it November.

Tony Perkis

Oh I don't know, since Disney basically owns the movie schedule now I have to assume this will happen again sooner rather than later with Disney/Marvel releases.

You're going have some combination of Disney/Fox/Marvel/Lucas/Pixar movies being in theaters at all times now.

What I'm waiting for is the Inception level event where we get a single movie that all studios under the Disney banner have an associated credit. It'll be glorious, you'll have theaters across the globe all exploding like the scene out of Kingsman:

I love the Kingsman series, and that ending is fantastic.

Jedijax719

Besides Captain Mavel, which was announced to be on D+ upon launch, I don't see any others being available immediately. They need to give time for the blu ray/dvd's to breathe and make some money. Captain Marvel will have been out for 5 months on home video so it's okay. But most will have been released around the time of D+ launch or just within a month or two before.

jt04

Disney has only released 7 movies this year. Including Penquins.

Fox doesn't count as those were in the pipeline and not pre-planned by the mouse house.

Magenta Panther

Maybe it's just me...but since Disney bought Fox, I suppose we'll never again see the iconic 20th Century Fox fanfare in front of any movies anymore. That just makes me sad. :(

Jedijax719

$58-$60 million Saturday for TLK
Now projected for $183-$190 million OW. Seems to be dropping bit by bit despite the audience reviews/reactions increasing. Interesting.

jt04

One thing we can tell already is that TLK is not slowing TS4 down much if at all. 400 million all but locked in.

jt04

$58-$60 million Saturday for TLK
Now projected for $183-$190 million OW. Seems to be dropping bit by bit despite the audience reviews/reactions increasing. Interesting.

These numbers are in line with most projections. Highest grossing Disney remake opening.

WhatJaneSays

Original Poster
Avengers: Endgame has officially passed Avatar to take the #1 spot.

(as a slight editorial note: word via friend in the know said it actually went over via international box over a week ago but Disney avoided updating final numbers so they could announce it at San Diego Comic-Con.)

jt04

Avengers: Endgame has officially passed Avatar to take the #1 spot.

(as a slight editorial note: word via friend in the know said it actually went over via international box over a week ago but Disney avoided updating final numbers so they could announce it at San Diego Comic-Con.)

Sounds like they have a head start on the adjusted total. 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom