News 2018 ticket price increases

Tony the Tigger

Disagree know a lot of people with 6 figure incomes and they are writing Disney off as 'too expensive for what you get'

They must not live in Florida.

Ordered my tickets today, just in case they go up tomorrow

So did I. And I was told if I didn’t want to use them until next year, that’s fine. I asked three separate cast members.

( like I can wait until next year after I have them in hand.)

It may be happening right now:

5101B320-A4CF-40E6-8433-6A6F1D227936.jpeg

nitstalker

So as I was driving today I was thinking... (insert sarcasm here lol) ... about the price changes yet again.

So there will be the inevitable news articles everywhere tomorrow (likely) about how Disney has increased prices yet again - and how they are lowering attendance at the same time they are increasing profit, yadda, yadda...

I know that they are the oh, wise ones (again, insert sarcasm here lol) but why not actually increase the acreage of the parks? Add a 5th or 6th gate (oh lord that is a can of worms)? And keep the ticket prices reasonable so that more people will go - which would spread out across more space - more to do, more money..

Am I missing something, or is the new warm air I am breathing down here just making me loopy LOL

Nubs70

So as I was driving today I was thinking... (insert sarcasm here lol) ... about the price changes yet again.

So there will be the inevitable news articles everywhere tomorrow (likely) about how Disney has increased prices yet again - and how they are lowering attendance at the same time they are increasing profit, yadda, yadda...

I know that they are the oh, wise ones (again, insert sarcasm here lol) but why not actually increase the acreage of the parks? Add a 5th or 6th gate (oh lord that is a can of worms)? And keep the ticket prices reasonable so that more people will go - which would spread out across more space - more to do, more money..

Am I missing something, or is the new warm air I am breathing down here just making me loopy LOL
You are correct in your observations/conclusions. However, why invest money to increase profit when financial engineering can provide the same results with no investment?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
It’s official. It’s $62 more to renew my wife’s annual pass than it would have been yesterday. She got a new job so she’s on the fence about renewing and if we’ll make it down there enough this year to justify it.

Goofnut1980

Stitch kept eating the page last night. So I was not able to purchase them. I will wait now. No rush seeing this year we don’t go back till December!!

FerretAfros

LaughingPlace has an article comparing prices at DLR and WDW:
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/new...et-prices-disney-world-disneyland-comparison/

The biggest percentage increases seem to be DLR's one-day tickets (around 10%) and WDW's non-Florida APs and the bi-costal Premier APs (around 9%)

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but in the past haven't WDW and DLR offset their price increases by a couple weeks? This is the first time I remember them happening at the same time (ironically, long after they scrapped the One Disney idea)

DisneyDreamer08

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/new...et-prices-disney-world-disneyland-comparison/

The biggest percentage increases seem to be DLR's one-day tickets (around 10%) and WDW's non-Florida APs and the bi-costal Premier APs (around 9%)

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but in the past haven't WDW and DLR offset their price increases by a couple weeks? This is the first time I remember them happening at the same time (ironically, long after they scrapped the One Disney idea)

So if I’m reading this correctly, a one day hopper/value day for Disneyland is $10 cheaper than the previous price? We are actually planning a one day visit in January 2019.

John park hopper

The reported inflation rate is ~2%---- Disney money grab?

seascape

The increase in daily tickets is not that bad with the exception on mid peak time at the 3 non MK parks which is 6%. Wait until summer 2019 when a Hollywood Studios will be all peak all year and may be higher priced than MK. They need to do this to control the Star Wars crowds.

WDW Vaden

Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen anyone mention that date specific multi-day ticket pricing is coming later this year. That seems to be a significant change in pricing.

indyumd

Well, a quick glance at the Uni crowd calendar shows you're going on two of the most crowded days of the year (tied with four or five days at Christmas). RP is coming up as 409, which is high, but it is peak season. Of course, if you stay a few more days, the price per day goes down. And in any case, it's a LOT better than the 679 per night you would pay during the same period at the Yacht (that's a pool view, which is all that's available.)

Comparisons aside, 679 is simply mind-boggling for the Yacht. It's... indecent. I love the Yacht and Beach, I grew up spending vacations there, and everyone is free to spend their money as they like, but I have absolutely no idea - none - why anyone would EVER pay 679 (before tax) for a Yacht Club room.

Those YC rates actually make me both angry and sad.

Except that I'm paying under $400 at the YC booked with the Disney VISA rates offered late in 2017. And I don't see any rates for RP at $409. I see $479 a few places, with mostly rates over $500. Feel free to share a link to that lower rate. I also have been religiously hoping to see AP rates for the past 3 months in case it would be cheaper to upgrade one of our tickets to an AP to save on the hotel.

We have a window of time to visit during our kids Spring Break, which is what the week is. Our schedules don't allow us to go at other times.

It's clearly something I am willing to pay for. I just wanted to share my perspective on whether or not Universal is a significantly cheaper trip for us. Its not. Though I'm sure you'll just imply again that I'm lying about all of this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom