A few notes on the CFP......

The Winner will be the 1st and only:
- 15 Game winner since the late 1800s
- Undefeated CFP Champion

Bama victory would be the 1st:
- Initial CFP Ranked #1 to win the Championship
- Final (Regular Season Ranking) CFP Ranked #1 to win the Championship
- Higher seed to win the Championship
- Team wearing home color to win the Championship....every championship game has be won be the team wearing White nad the lower remaining seed...

And would give Bama's Senior Class the most victories in the last 4 years....currently Bama has 54

Clemson Victory would:
- tie Bama for most victories in last 4 years...currently Clemson has 53
- be the 1st team STARTING a freshman QB to win the Championship since 185 (Oklahoma, Holloway)

- The last 4 CFP Playoffs have seen only the ACC and SEC victorious? No other conference has won a game since Ohio State won in 2014
- #3 has only won 1 game in the CFP Playoff (Georgia 2017)
- Oklahoma is 0-3...at least they weren't blown out in the semis each year and played respectable football against Bama this year, and Georgia last year...

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
I wish I could jump on that. Wow! I don’t know what they were thinking other than it’s a “new” stadium.
Had to be thinking a B1G Ten or Pac Ten team would make it....Notre Dame could have saved them as the price would have probably risen 25% initially, and kept climbing. In hindsight, an Oklahoma/Notre Dame final would have driven the price to it's highest point....as them Okie fans would have gobbled up those tickets, and Notre Dame always moves $$$ North

21stamps

Did anyone watch the OSU game?

Sorry but the last touchdown was in no way shape or form an actual touchdown.

Doesn’t really matter though. 🏆

I had a few tears in my eyes. End of an Era.

Captain Barbossa

Late due to New Year's traveling, but good game last Saturday against Notre Dame! Definitely wasn't expecting 30-3. It took a while, but once our offense got started, the Catholics couldn't stop us. And Tee's catch? :cool: Defense had their number all game long. Overall, I'm proud of the way our guys played.

One game left. Should be a good one tomorrow night. Just need to focus on taking care of business and win the closer.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
2018 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!
Congrats dude, that was as impressive win as I've seen in sometime...we'll see you again next year

Did you go to the game? We went ahead and grabbed tickets when they dropped below $150.....stadium wasn't quite full, but was above 90%. Weather was really bad until Monday, then the rain and wind gust(s) stopped.

Captain Barbossa

@Dad 2 M & M Nah I didn’t go. I wish I did though. Like you said, the tickets were extremely cheap, but the airline prices were absolutely insane, along with the hotels.

3E07A7E2-9164-43E8-8848-0695BD27C34D.jpeg
353E1D4D-4EAB-4A70-8F2A-9855C11D5EE2.jpeg
8705C3C9-2C5D-44F1-8C82-1B374119075D.jpeg
967A32A7-4414-4EBC-BDD6-1C8E035400C7.jpeg
3C1C1144-28E1-45D9-B874-B29012D1A698.jpeg

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
The flights were a bit cheaper flying in to Sacramento, and so were the hotels

We travel enough to have points for the Hotels, and miles for the airlines

We were able to fly in to Sacramento Sunday late afternoon, stay in Palo Alto Sunday evening, and drive back to Sacramento Monday Night. Flew back Tuesday.

Both flights had plenty of Clemson peeps, and the flight back we were one of very few wearing Bama colors.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
@Captain Barbossa

Since May, work endeavors have kept me in MT Pleasant....sports talk radio down here is currently being driven by Clemson's refusal to release findings of their internal investigation involving Ostarine.

Is this just Gamecock territory with hosts that are haters? Crazy talk (as always on the radio) of Dexter Lawrence was misled by Clemson, or the NCAA knew exactly who would fail,....etc

Anything to this? Is there some beef with Clemson and 247 Sports? Barstool Sports? Those are the main two drivers....

And does anyone hear this on the national level? I can tell you I don't hear anything when back in Georgia.....

Captain Barbossa

@Captain Barbossa

Since May, work endeavors have kept me in MT Pleasant....sports talk radio down here is currently being driven by Clemson's refusal to release findings of their internal investigation involving Ostarine.

Is this just Gamecock territory with hosts that are haters? Crazy talk (as always on the radio) of Dexter Lawrence was misled by Clemson, or the NCAA knew exactly who would fail,....etc

Anything to this? Is there some beef with Clemson and 247 Sports? Barstool Sports? Those are the main two drivers....

And does anyone hear this on the national level? I can tell you I don't hear anything when back in Georgia.....
The Mt. Pleasant/Charleston area has a massive Clemson fanbase and you will rarely see a local sporting Coot attire. The main S.C. sports talk show, "Sports Talk S.C.", usually doesn't show favoritism when it comes to the two schools, but in the past 4 years or so, they have definitely taken a better liking to Clemson than the Coots. In terms of the national level, like 247, Barstool, and ESPN, if Sabin asked them to jump, they would kill one another to be the first to reply with "how high?". I'll let that speak for itself.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
The Mt. Pleasant/Charleston area has a massive Clemson fanbase and you will rarely see a local sporting Coot attire. The main S.C. sports talk show, "Sports Talk S.C.", usually doesn't show favoritism when it comes to the two schools, but in the past 4 years or so, they have definitely taken a better liking to Clemson than the Coots. In terms of the national level, like 247, Barstool, and ESPN, if Sabin asked them to jump, they would kill one another to be the first to reply with "how high?". I'll let that speak for itself.
I'm wondering if Dabo has "made it" now, and thus is going to be a target moving forward. The major topic the past two days was Clemson "lucked out" when Dexter Lawrence was drafted in the 1st round. The implication was Clemson was administering without advising content.....

There HAS to be a driver behind this as I don't hear coverage any where else my travels take me .....

And when are you going to start the 2019 thread? We're inside 2 months to kick off.......

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

There HAS to be a driver behind this as I don't hear coverage any where else my travels take me .....
Well it must be something in the Charleston area because I live about 30 miles northwest of Columbia (Coot country) and there has been nothing said about the situation. (TV or radio)

And when are you going to start the 2019 thread? We're inside 2 months to kick off...
I didn't realize that you were being serious about that. :hilarious: I'll start it at the beginning of August. No need to start it now and fill it up with a bunch of meaningless pre-season crap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom