News 2018 Epcot Festival of the Arts dates revealed

RSoxNo1

I went today and walked away super disappointed. "Festival of the Arts," my ***. They've basically taken their Art of Disney, Pop Gallery, and Wyland Gallery overstock and tossed it into several tents around the lagoon. Jasmine Becket-Griffith, James Coleman, Larry Dotson, Rob Kaz, Thomas Kinkade, all of the usual suspects. Outside of being able to marble your own $89 scarf, there is absolutely nothing at this festival that you can't already see in these stores on any other day of the year.
While I enjoyed the festival, I definitely understand the sentiment. I pointedly said to my wife that this feels like they had an inventory of artwork at Art of Disney and they were trying to get rid of it.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
After attending the Garden, Wine, and Arts festivals, the Arts wins hands down IMO. Perhaps if I had a garden to take care of I'd put Garden first.

trainplane3

I really enjoyed the Arts festival this year. Bought some artwork and got to meet the artist (Greg McCullough). We didn't do any of the extras or buy a ton of food, but high marks for the paint-your-own cookie.
Greg is fun to talk to! His story about doing a huge commission for one of the families in Golden Oaks was interesting (and very, very expensive). Even though I never cared too much for the Disney Star Wars crossovers, I had to pick up something of his. Then last year I had to pick up diver Goofy. We have some more of his stuff in other parts of our house. Everytime I see him, I know I'm buying something else of his. What did you get? Jason Grandt is another good name to look out for.
0PBkDzM.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom