2017 NCAA Football Thread

Dad 2 M & M

I think the Alabama game will show what the Noles are made of. We cannot, though, continue to have slow starts. Clemson away worries me. And the boys need to remember to play 60 minutes of ball. That loss to NC was a killer.

Personally, I'm looking for some Louiseville payback in Doak.

Still mad ESecPN fired Danny.....

I'm looking forward to see what Urban has done with his boys.. coming back with a vengeance!!!
He needs too....and the entire B1G does as well. I'm sure Bama will be in the Playoff again, and would love to play either Clemson or OSU. Let's see if Clemson runs off with the Trophy like OSU....

I think we lose to Alabama in Atlanta.

Clemson without Deshaun will most likely go much better than the past 2 years, apart from him they lost a good amount of talent in the draft (Tankersley, Boulware, Williams, etc.). Louisville doesn't scare me at all - we were severely underprepared at the beginning of last season (we got so much better as the season went on) and most teams have Lamar Jackson figured out by now. I'm hesitant about the U, losing Njoku & Kaaya & half of their better starters on defense sets them back a lot - but I don't want to brush off Richt.

The loser of FSU/Bama almost HAS to run the table. There is a few scenarios with the other Major Conferences (ACC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12, SEC) where a 2 Loss ACC/SEC Champ could still get in, but almost all would involve the #4 seed and the team bumped would have to be a weak 1 loss Big 12 champ....this scenario requires a 2 loss Notre Dame.

Dad 2 M & M

Bama will have at least 2 as well...maybe 3

See I have a deep dislike for your coach.

As far as my Gators this year I could see us doing the same thing we did last 2 years take the East for the SEC and nothing else. We have a huge QB issue and our opener this year (Michigan) is going to shock us. Florida has not played a meaningful opening game ever. It's always been fluff games and I can't blame them back in the BCS days who would want to really play a good team right out the gate. Now with the playoff system these games mean so much more.
Spank Michigan please, and then go to the SEC championship with 1 loss (picked up later in the season). All you have in the East is perennial/typical chump team from Georgia, and Tennessee (Georgia's chump to the North) The West Champ may not be Bama, and a sleeper s Arkansas.

Roll Tide!
Speaking out of love, from one SEC homer to another. Bama has at least two losses in their schedule this year. Losing down here is unacceptable, and wining 8 out of the last 11 Championships is NOT good enough...especially after wining only 1 of the last 4, with 2 losses coming from the ACC, and the other OSU.

Dad 2 M & M

@21stamps & @JohnD - little over a month until the season starts! Whoop, whoop.

Saban recently complemented FSU, sort of, by stating FSU was "built like an SEC team". Yeah, right. SEC became dominant in the past decade by copying what Miami and FSU under Bowden did in the 1980s. More appropriate comparison would be directly to Alabama - but would Saban every utter those words?

Just realized we'll be at Uni for the big game. Looks like a run to Publix that afternoon for beer, salsa & chips, gummi bears (don't ask) and other snacks. Luckily we're staying in a concierge level suite so we will have access to more beer and food - and not worry about driving.

You cannot be serious.
Saban built the facilities.....that combined with his ability to recruit is what remade Bama

Thank you for making my point. Bama in 89 wasn't in the hunt for a title. So.. You are kinda grasping there. Bama has been and is now. Miami isn't what you call a traditional power only arriving on the scene in the late, late 70s, but they are nowhere to be seen now. FSU didn't win anything of note until 93, and they aren't consistent enough to be a main stay. Took a Bama boy to get them there, and now a Saban disciple. You say team of a decade, but Bama has gone back to back more than one time. I will give respect though, they are or have been very good programs in college football. Few teams are on Bama's level. History shows that.
Bama wasn't in the hunt in '89? Undefeated until Auburn.....folded in the Iron and Sugar Bowl

Dad 2 M & M

Clemson fans? You out there? A few points about your season last yer:
Do you realize just what you accomplished last year? Beating Auburn, FSU, OSU and Bama? That was the last 7, YES 7 champions in a row!! Bama, Auburn, Bama, Bama, FSU, OSU, and Bama...well done...and now run away for another 2 decades.

The SEC isn't satisfied unless we win the championship every year....and ask a Bama fan if they are okay with winning half of the last 8? They will tell you it should have been ALL of the last 8.

Dad 2 M & M

Clemson/FSU and the Iron Bowl.....the winners have:
- Been in the last four Playoffs .... Winner made the playoffs (2013 was the last BCS year and had FSU/Auburn in the Championship)
- Played Head to Head for 3 of the last 4 Championships .....Winner made the final game

Now, the 4 teams are playing Home and Home in a cross conference Challenge...1st Game was last year where Clemson best Auburn at Jordan Hare....this year Bama/FSU play in the Kick Off Classic and Auburn travels to Clemson....

21stamps

Original Poster
AP Top 25 poll: Alabama is preseason No. 1, Ohio State tops Florida State
clear.gif

With just five days to go until the first game of the 2017 college football season, we officially have our final set of preseason rankings and now know that the most anticipated game of the offseason will feature No. 1 Alabama against No. 3 Florida State on Saturday, Sept. 2 in Atlanta.

While Alabama has been the overwhelming No. 1 in the AP poll, the Coaches Poll and the CBS Sports 130, the Tide's title hopes rest on becoming the first team since USC in 2004 to win the national championship after starting the year No. 1 in the preseason polls. For the 2017 Trojans, the No. 4 preseason ranking is the highest since a Lane Kiffin and Matt Barkley-led USC squad held the top spot heading into the 2012 season.

Broken down by conferences, the SEC has the most teams in the preseason poll with six, followed by the ACC and Big 12 with five each, Big Ten and Pac-12 with four each and USF representing the American Athletic Conference to round out the top-25.

Here's the full preseason AP Top 25 (first-place votes in parenthesis):

1. Alabama (52)
  2. Ohio State (3)
  3. Florida State (4)
  4. USC (2)
  5. Clemson
  6. Penn State
  7. Oklahoma
  8. Washington
  9. Wisconsin
  10. Oklahoma State
  11. Michigan
  12. Auburn

21stamps

Original Poster
He needs too....and the entire B1G does as well. I'm sure Bama will be in the Playoff again, and would love to play either Clemson or OSU. Let's see if Clemson runs off with the Trophy like OSU....

The loser of FSU/Bama almost HAS to run the table. There is a few scenarios with the other Major Conferences (ACC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12, SEC) where a 2 Loss ACC/SEC Champ could still get in, but almost all would involve the #4 seed and the team bumped would have to be a weak 1 loss Big 12 champ....this scenario requires a 2 loss Notre Dame.

The Big 10 has a lot to atone for. Especially my Bucks. I have faith.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
And who was the first team to go wire to wire No. 1?

Hint: Team of the Decade in the 90s....and Stamp's opponent on the 16th....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom