2017 NCAA Football Thread

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I am such an idiot!!! Just realized that THE GAME is on 11/25.. I don't know why I was thinking 11/26!!!

That's the last day of our cruise. :(.

They may show it on the cruise...it's a b8g game. We watched the North Carolina game in our stateroom last year.

21stamps

Original Poster
They may show it on the cruise...it's a b8g game. We watched the North Carolina game in our stateroom last year.

I will be on NCL, asked on CC yesterday.. was told that only bowl games are shown on the cruise. Ugh!!!! I am really upset over this.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I will be on NCL, asked on CC yesterday.. was told that only bowl games are shown on the cruise. Ugh!!!! I am really upset over this.

That's a shame. Are you doing Disney before or after the cruise?

21stamps

Original Poster
That's a shame. Are you doing Disney before or after the cruise?
After.. I am seriously considering flip flopping the weeks.. the problem is- our cruise is Thanksgiving week.. Sun- Sun 11/19-11/26 WDW 11/26-12/2. Game is on 11/25.
I don't know if I want to do WDW Thanksgiving crowds.

So frustrating.

LAKid53

Premium Member
After.. I am seriously considering flip flopping the weeks.. the problem is- our cruise is Thanksgiving week.. Sun- Sun 11/19-11/26 WDW 11/26-12/2. Game is on 11/25.
I don't know if I want to do WDW Thanksgiving crowds.

So frustrating.

You'd be doing the week before Thanksgiving. Which won't be bad.

21stamps

Original Poster
You'd be doing the week before Thanksgiving. Which won't be bad.

I just got off the phone with NCL, The Escape sails Sat-Sat, but it's an Eastern...I wanted Roatan and Harvest Caye..and worst of all- there are not any similar cabins available to what I already have. :(

This STINKS!!!

LAKid53

Premium Member
I just got off the phone with NCL, The Escape sails Sat-Sat, but it's an Eastern...I wanted Roatan and Harvest Caye..and worst of all- there are not any similar cabins available to what I already have. :(

This STINKS!!!

That bites....

Let me know when you finalize your Disney dates. Did you make a resort reservation yet?

21stamps

Original Poster
That bites....

Let me know when you finalize your Disney dates. Did you make a resort reservation yet?

I did a week or so ago. There was so little availability to choose from. Last year I was forced to do a split stay, but this year I actually wanted to. The Polynesian is sold out, so we are doing four nights at GF and three nights at animal Kingdom Lodge.

All of the MK resorts were sold out with the exception of GF.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
I did a week or so ago. There was so little availability to choose from. Last year I was forced to do a split stay, but this year I actually wanted to. The Polynesian is sold out, so we are doing for nights at GF and three nights at animal Kingdom Lodge.

All of the MK resorts were sold out with the exception of GF.

I know how much you hate GF, lol

21stamps

Original Poster
I know how much you hate GF, lol
Used Siri for that reply and just corrected my "for" lol.

We enjoyed GF, I just promised kiddo we'd go back to the Poly this year. But to be honest, he loved the ping pong table and foosball, so I don't think he'll complain :). Maybe a little about the volcano slide and stare wistfully at it again..lol

LAKid53

Premium Member
Used Siri for that reply and just corrected my "for" lol.

We enjoyed GF, I just promised kiddo we'd go back to the Poly this year. But to be honest, he loved the ping pong table and foosball, so I don't think he'll complain :). Maybe a little about the volcano slide and stare wistfully at it again..lol

Well, you could find out if you can pool hop.

LAKid53

Premium Member
@21stamps,

Did you see news that Stoops retired?

This certainly shakes things up. Maybe FSU can finally beat OK now...and take the sting out of that 2000 loss.

LAKid53

Premium Member
@21stamps & @JohnD - little over a month until the season starts! Whoop, whoop.

Saban recently complemented FSU, sort of, by stating FSU was "built like an SEC team". Yeah, right. SEC became dominant in the past decade by copying what Miami and FSU under Bowden did in the 1980s. More appropriate comparison would be directly to Alabama - but would Saban every utter those words?

Just realized we'll be at Uni for the big game. Looks like a run to Publix that afternoon for beer, salsa & chips, gummi bears (don't ask) and other snacks. Luckily we're staying in a concierge level suite so we will have access to more beer and food - and not worry about driving.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
@21stamps & @JohnD - little over a month until the season starts! Whoop, whoop.

Saban recently complemented FSU, sort of, by stating FSU was "built like an SEC team". Yeah, right. SEC became dominant in the past decade by copying what Miami and FSU under Bowden did in the 1980s. More appropriate comparison would be directly to Alabama - but would Saban every utter those words?

Just realized we'll be at Uni for the big game. Looks like a run to Publix that afternoon for beer, salsa & chips, gummi bears (don't ask) and other snacks. Luckily we're staying in a concierge level suite so we will have access to more beer and food - and not worry about driving.
You cannot be serious.

LAKid53

Premium Member

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
He said it, here's the article....

From Tallahassee Democrat
Saban: FSU built like an SEC team

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sp...-florida-state-built-like-sec-team/472068001/

And Saban thinks FSU maybe pre-season #1:

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ld-be-no-1-entering-season-but-who-should-be/

I don't remember this big a buildup to our season opener since the infamous 1988 rap.....
That's not what I am talking about. "Yeah, right. SEC became dominant in the past decade by copying what Miami and FSU under Bowden did in the 1980s." Miami got by on playing two or three games a season back in those days. They had mostly crappy schedules. I respect what they did because they did win those games. As for Bowden, just another person cut from Bear's cloth. Bama was before them, during their day and is still winning today. FSU is built like an SEC, which is a compliment big time. Would they rather be built like Boston College?

LAKid53

Premium Member
That's not what I am talking about. "Yeah, right. SEC became dominant in the past decade by copying what Miami and FSU under Bowden did in the 1980s." Miami got by on playing two or three games a season back in those days. They had mostly crappy schedules. I respect what they did because they did win those games. As for Bowden, just another person cut from Bear's cloth. Bama was before them, during their day and is still winning today. FSU is built like an SEC, which is a compliment big time. Would they rather be built like Boston College?

Consensus Team of the Decade. And Miami beat Bama for its 3rd National Championship in 1989. I stand by my comment.

Prior to Saban's tenure, the last time 'Bama won a national championship was in 1992, under Gene Stallings. And before that, 1979. After 1992, next title wasn't until 2009, two years after Saban arrived.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Consensus Team of the Decade. And Miami beat Bama for its 3rd National Championship in 1989. I stand by my comment.

Prior to Saban's tenure, the last time 'Bama won a national championship was in 1992, under Gene Stallings. And before that, 1979. After 1992, next title wasn't until 2009, two years after Saban arrived.
Thank you for making my point. Bama in 89 wasn't in the hunt for a title. So.. You are kinda grasping there. Bama has been and is now. Miami isn't what you call a traditional power only arriving on the scene in the late, late 70s, but they are nowhere to be seen now. FSU didn't win anything of note until 93, and they aren't consistent enough to be a main stay. Took a Bama boy to get them there, and now a Saban disciple. You say team of a decade, but Bama has gone back to back more than one time. I will give respect though, they are or have been very good programs in college football. Few teams are on Bama's level. History shows that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom