2016 Christmas Week Phase Closing watch

mimitchi33

I agree, and I think that's the reason why we got a closure today was because of the cold last night, a lot of people probably waited till today. But I went last night, and it was very pleasant in spite of the cold, might I say magical for a prime night.

I took a video of the entire 11:50 fireworks if anyone is interested.

What I don't understand is needing to turn the entire park into a dance party with a DJ booth in front of the castle all night.

Pretty!

I3olTz

20161231_153537.jpg
20161231_153543.jpg
20161231_153909.jpg
20161231_153525.jpg

Currently at tomorrow land

MissM

Magic kingdom was nothing short of amazing last night. I do think the weather impact some as by midnight it was in the mid 40s and got coldee by extra magic hours. But the 1150pm fireworks was exceptional and i got a great spot right on Main Street center. Im so fulfilled, im not going to epcot tonight. Instead im going to enjoy nye at home. I am not one for dance parties and being around drunks.
Agreed! It was just a perfectly magical night! The cold weather helped add to the Christmas mood, the cast members were totally having fun, the fireworks were awesome and the overall vibe was a great time. On the way out, a CM handed us SIX cookies too. LOL We walked on the monorail without wait and were back at our car quickly. (We had been parked in ZURG!! So didn't even have to wait for a tram.)

It was just everything you wish for in a holiday day at Disney but oh so rarely get anymore. Tonight, we're hanging out with some friends across the street for a calm, casual evening in.

disney4life2008

I agree, and I think that's the reason why we got a closure today was because of the cold last night, a lot of people probably waited till today. But I went last night, and it was very pleasant in spite of the cold, might I say magical for a prime night.

I took a video of the entire 11:50 fireworks if anyone is interested.

What I don't understand is needing to turn the entire park into a dance party with a DJ booth in front of the castle all night.

Omg i agree. The problem with the dj is that he played the same 'im sure pre approved' list of music. It had about 40 or 50 tracks ranging from 70s funk to 2016 rap. I was so fed up hearing the screaming from the dj who wasn't talking about anything. But alas, it kept the crowds away from the rides because last night was amazing.

righttrack

IMG_6240.PNG
Epcot is a mass of drinking around the world and huge crowds.

Lots of alcohol stands. Each country has about 2-3 temporary ones in addition to the regular ones. All have huge lines.

tired_photog

Noticed MK hours have really been reduced for tomorrow compared to when we were there last New Years. 9am-11pm as opposed to 8am-1am a year ago. That's a shame. That 8:00 hour last year was golden. Park was a ghost town because of everybody sleeping in.

Daveeeeed

Was at Epcot. Epcot crowds were by far most I have ever seen. Nearly 60 minutes for my Soarin' fastpass+ we went backstage for.

flyerjab

Welp, things at Epcot have changed significantly. I would say you can tell that the MK has been closed to some degree as it seems like crowd levels have doubled.

IMG_6407.JPG

IMG_6411.JPG

IMG_6412.JPG

I thought this next one was weird; a standby and FP line for Soarin' by the Imagination Pavilion.
IMG_6414.JPG

IMG_6417.JPG

IMG_6420.JPG

IMG_6422.JPG

Sorry, @wdwmagic , it got so full that we went back to the Beach Club to be at the resort for a bit so no other photos for now. If we go back in I will try to get some more. ;)

Happy New Year!!

disney4life2008

View attachment 182051 Epcot is a mass of drinking around the world and huge crowds.

Lots of alcohol stands. Each country has about 2-3 temporary ones in addition to the regular ones. All have huge lines.

For $50, i
Welp, things at Epcot have changed significantly. I would say you can tell that the MK has been closed to some degree as it seems like crowd levels have doubled.

View attachment 182055
View attachment 182056
View attachment 182057

I thought this next one was weird; a standby and FP line for Soarin' by the Imagination Pavilion.
View attachment 182058
View attachment 182059
View attachment 182060
View attachment 182061

Sorry, @wdwmagic , it got so full that we went back to the Beach Club to be at the resort for a bit so no other photos for now. If we go back in I will try to get some more. ;)

Happy New Year!!

Im glad i stayed home

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
granted I'm not actually in the parks, but everything described seems on par. NYE in EPCOT is always crazy busy. You really have to park yourself in the back half of WS if you want to be even remotely comfortable after dark.

We went to the MK resorts last night - watched the fireworks from the boat dock at the Poly. It was perfect! Then a small walk and we were back to our cars. I know the fireworks are fun inside MK, but the best view by far is outside the park for those 360s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom