2016 Christmas Week Phase Closing watch

WDWBryan

Was at the magic kingdom tonight.

They had the bypass open for people exiting the park next to the plaza

For people entering the park they had a bypass that took them all the way through the parking lot and into tomorrowland assuming next to buzz

The also had a bypass behind the other side of main street which I think went from next to first aid to the firehouse. I've never seen a bypass done behind that side of main street so I thought that was interesting

Jeffxz

I got to the MK around 10:00 and it doesn't feel busy at all. Posted wait times are pretty high but the walkways are almost empty.

It's now 11:30 and you can still walk through the inner hub ring. I just walked up and got a spot about 20 feet in front of partners.

It's is one of the most pleasant evenings I've spent in the MK.

disney4life2008

20161230_233104.jpg
20161230_233052.jpg

Live at magic kingdom, 30 minutes before nye fireworks..

Bob Harlem

How's the New Years eve crowd so far? If any closures happen it would be today. Otherwise hurricane Matthew goes down as the only park closure this year.

mimitchi33

MK will reach capacity today.
21cz8xz.jpg

The first wait time listings of the day (I was laughing when writing these due to how nuts they were!):
35 minutes for Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
40 minutes for Stitch's Great Escape
45 minutes for Journey into Imagination with Figment, Toy Story Mania! and It's A Small World
55 minutes for Tower of Terror
65 minutes for Haunted Mansion and Spaceship Earth
70 minutes for The Seas With Nemo and Friends
75 minutes for Jungle Cruise and Buzz Lightyear.
90 minutes for Big Thunder Mountain.
110 minutes for Peter Pan's Flight and Soarin'
120 minutes for Frozen Ever After and Seven Dwarves Mine Train
130 minutes for Rock N' Roller Coaster and...wait for it...the Mickey Mouse Meet and Greet at Town Square Theater!
150 minutes for Test Track
175 minutes for Space Mountain!

drizgirl

21cz8xz.jpg

The first wait time listings of the day (I was laughing when writing these due to how nuts they were!):
45 minutes for Journey into Imagination with Figment, Toy Story Mania! and It's A Small World
130 minutes for Rock N' Roller Coaster and...wait for it...the Mickey Mouse Meet and Greet at Town Square Theater!
I don't think anyone said it wouldn't be crowded.

disney4life2008

21cz8xz.jpg

I don't understand. Its nye and 10 degrees warmer today. Of course wait times are high

mimitchi33

I don't understand. Its nye and 10 degrees warmer today. Of course wait times are high
I know that, but many didn't predict the average crowds would be there. But I know this happens every year, since I always comment.
Back on topic with the waits I just posted, some of them are hilarious, especially the Mickey one. Here's how many would react:
33cltmx.jpg

flynnibus

Premium Member
Hasn't this really been the story of 2016, low attendance? This has nothing to do with congestion pricing, it has everything to do with the parks either being half closed, people getting Disney fatigue, too expensive, or people just don't want to be bothered with the hassle of paying top rates to be herded together in the parks. I would tend to discount the latter, because most people know Disney is still busy during the holidays.

With all the events, Disney has still managed to continue the trend of filling in the low times. Disney has not been reporting shrinking attendance at the top line. It's too early to say give the variables and results... but I think it points towards rebalancing more than shrinking.

wogwog

Per Guest Relations @wdwmagic

As of 11:45am, Magic Kingdom is currently at a Phase B status. Phase B status includes admission for the following:

• WDW Resort Guests*
  • Disney Premier Passport, Disney Platinum Plus Pass, Disney Platinum Pass, Premium Annual Pass, Annual Pass
  • Guests with Memory Maker
  • Guests with dining reservations
  • Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Harmony Barber Shop or The Pirates League
  • Guests with FastPass+ selections at Magic Kingdom Park

Magic Kingdom 1-day tickets will now be honored at Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park.

Due to anticipated park attendance, please continue to check the Advisories often throughout the day for updates on Theme Park phase statuses.

*Guests from The Four Seasons Resort, Swan, Dolphin or Shades of Green are considered part of this group in this instance. In addition, Guests from Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels arriving by bus are included (Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, The Buena Vista Palace, DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Orlando, B Resort, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort, Holiday Inn Orlando – Lake Buena Vista Resort, Hilton Lake Buena Vista). Also included are Golden Oak residents as well as registered Guests of Golden Oak residents.

MissM

I got to the MK around 10:00 and it doesn't feel busy at all. Posted wait times are pretty high but the walkways are almost empty.

It's now 11:30 and you can still walk through the inner hub ring. I just walked up and got a spot about 20 feet in front of partners.

It's is one of the most pleasant evenings I've spent in the MK.
Agreed! We were there last night and it was amazingly empty for a "prime" night. There were rows of CMs forming the walking lines - i.e. directing flow so people only walked on one side of the path going in and one side of the path coming out - but there were such few people that they were dancing along with the music instead. It was fun and made for a nice vibe.

It was PACKED at the 7:30pm (weird time!!) Holiday Wishes but after that, it really petered out. VERY pleasant and nicely cold evening.

This was waiting for Wishes:
20161230_192030 by May Turner, on Flickr

After that though, it was a GREAT evening at MK. All the holiday fun - snow on Main Street! - none of the insane crowds.

donsullivan

Premium Member
On a bus now to MK. In years past busses detoured around MK parking. This bus did not detour and we are in a longgggggg line of cars.

When I came into Epcot about an hour or so ago, MK parking was backed up on World Drive past Epcot Center Drive. Epcot was about 20 cars deep at each lane but moved pretty quickly. It's definitely going to be a busy one.

flyerjab

We were just there. We went from the Beach Club by bus - huge mistake! Our bus driver did not realize he was in the lane that turns left to the resorts. We sat for 20 minutes and watched busses go by in the right lane. After realizing this, he got into the right lane and we were there in minutes. In all, it took 1 hour and 15 minutes to get there.

IMG_6378.JPG

IMG_6380.JPG

IMG_6381.JPG

We noticed that there were no Photopass photographers, and for good reason. We had our family pictures taken on Main Street USA, turned around and went to the Grand Floridian for a snack.

mimitchi33

We were just there. We went from the Beach Club by bus - huge mistake! Our bus driver did not realize he was in the lane that turns left to the resorts. We sat for 20 minutes and watched busses go by in the right lane. After realizing this, he got into the right lane and we were there in minutes. In all, it took 1 hour and 15 minutes to get there.

View attachment 181999

View attachment 182000

View attachment 182001

We noticed that there were no Photopass photographers, and for good reason. We had our family pictures taken on Main Street USA, turned around and went to the Grand Floridian for a snack.
Woah, that looks like a mobscene!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom