2016 Christmas Week Phase Closing watch

flyerjab

Woah, that looks like a mobscene!

It was insane. It took us longer to get there then the amount of time we spent in the park. Some members of our group got anxious with that many people around.

There were two girls ahead of us in bag check that had rolling suitcases they were taking in with them. I don't see how it is enjoyable. The line for Starbucks went all the way down Main Street. I can't imagine what the lines for the rides would be like. I guess you just have to resign yourself to the fact that you will be in a mob of people, or in long lines for everything all day.

mimitchi33

It was insane. It took us longer to get there then the amount of time we spent in the park. Some members of our group got anxious with that many people around.

There were two girls ahead of us in bag check that had rolling suitcases they were taking in with them. I don't see how it is enjoyable. The line for Starbucks went all the way down Main Street. I can't imagine what the lines for the rides would be like. I guess you just have to resign yourself to the fact that you will be in a mob of people, or in long lines for everything all day.
How long are the lines for the bathroom?:D

dhslxop

They're really giving out free dining at the other parks for those turned away from MK? That seems like a great offer - Have they ever done that before?

Disney-Trains

Entrance is a mess... The lines move fast but security and front gate CM's are barking orders. When lines are so long a smile goes a long way.

flyerjab

Just took this at the entrance to board the monorail at Epcot.

IMG_6400.JPG

drizgirl

There were two girls ahead of us in bag check that had rolling suitcases they were taking in with them. I don't see how it is enjoyable.

Not only would it not be enjoyable, but it would be against park rules. I'm shocked that didn't get turned away.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia

flyerjab

The one thing I will say for certain is this: the other 3 parks need so much more entertainment and ride options. The MK overwhelms the other 3 parks, plain and simple.

IMG_6383.JPG

And 5 miles away...

IMG_6389.JPG

This is the MK line after the announced closure. Cmon Disney, help out the other parks, beyond what you are already doing!

mimitchi33

Just took this at the entrance to board the monorail at Epcot.
View attachment 182005
34jdcu9.jpg

I bet you they just set a record for how long it took to close the park at a Phase 4.
Some crowd shots of Epcot.

View attachment 182007

View attachment 182008

View attachment 182009

View attachment 182010

View attachment 182011

Aside from ride times, Epcot isn't so bad at the moment.
That's because everyone else is at Frozen Ever After!
The one thing I will say for certain is this: the other 3 parks need so much more entertainment and ride options. The MK overwhelms the other 3 parks, plain and simple.

View attachment 182016

And 5 miles away...

View attachment 182017

This is the MK line after the announced closure. Cmon Disney, help out the other parks, beyond what you are already doing!
2pt2jy0.jpg

But in all honesty, that isn't the worst traffic jam I have ever seen. Now if the Disney traffic jam was like THIS, that would be a nightmare.

disney4life2008

Agreed! We were there last night and it was amazingly empty for a "prime" night. There were rows of CMs forming the walking lines - i.e. directing flow so people only walked on one side of the path going in and one side of the path coming out - but there were such few people that they were dancing along with the music instead. It was fun and made for a nice vibe.

It was PACKED at the 7:30pm (weird time!!) Holiday Wishes but after that, it really petered out. VERY pleasant and nicely cold evening.

This was waiting for Wishes:
20161230_192030 by May Turner, on Flickr

After that though, it was a GREAT evening at MK. All the holiday fun - snow on Main Street! - none of the insane crowds.

Magic kingdom was nothing short of amazing last night. I do think the weather impact some as by midnight it was in the mid 40s and got coldee by extra magic hours. But the 1150pm fireworks was exceptional and i got a great spot right on Main Street center. Im so fulfilled, im not going to epcot tonight. Instead im going to enjoy nye at home. I am not one for dance parties and being around drunks.

freediverdude

I agree, and I think that's the reason why we got a closure today was because of the cold last night, a lot of people probably waited till today. But I went last night, and it was very pleasant in spite of the cold, might I say magical for a prime night.

I took a video of the entire 11:50 fireworks if anyone is interested.

What I don't understand is needing to turn the entire park into a dance party with a DJ booth in front of the castle all night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom