2016 Christmas Week Phase Closing watch

Bolt

Did the parks close at any point around Thanksgiving?
Not that I'm aware of - Magic Kingdom will phase throughout this week now that all schools are off. I'm guessing with gas prices being reasonable, we will see more parking redirects.

Kristamouse

Thanks!
We had friends in MK on T-Giving and they had fun but said it was packed...
Another family did rope drop this AM at MK and are posting like crazy, from their pics it looks very full.

Last edited:

wogwog

"Message:

As of 1:30pm, December 24, all Theme Parks are available to all Guests. We are not anticipating any parking redirects or phase statuses today."

Another projection missed. Tomorrow should cause phase closing for sure.

Bolt

"Message:

As of 1:30pm, December 24, all Theme Parks are available to all Guests. We are not anticipating any parking redirects or phase statuses today."

Another projection missed. Tomorrow should cause phase closing for sure.
Well, remember the price increase happened this year so the intention is hopefully to not hit maximum capacity. It was $102 daily at MK last year but today is peak day at $124.

Disneyhead'71

Well, remember the price increase happened this year so the intention is hopefully to not hit maximum capacity. It was $102 daily at MK last year but today is peak day at $124.
Yea! Disney successfully told people, "We don't want you here. Go spend your money some place else!"

I am wondering which business school teaches CEOs that running off paying customers is a good thing?

ElreTigo

Yea! Disney successfully told people, "We don't want you here. Go spend your money some place else!"
Oh they certainly want us there. Just not an overwhelming amount of us. Heavy crowds to an extent is a good thing. An unsafe influx of overpopulation, not so much...any place you go. I can't say I agree with the pricing strategy to combat said influxes, however.

Disneyhead'71

Oh they certainly want us there. Just not an overwhelming amount of us. Heavy crowds to an extent is a good thing. An unsafe influx of overpopulation, not so much...any place you go. I can't say I agree with the pricing strategy to combat said influxes, however.
Disney is ACTIVELY discouraging folks of modest means from mucking up parks.

They want folks that will pay $3500/night for a swamp water bungalow and $650/day for a Magically Tacky Tent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom