2016 Christmas Week Phase Closing watch

disney4life2008

View attachment 181281 View attachment 181280 Merry Christmas Eve from DHS. As was posted earlier, not much of a crowd here. Very pleasant to walk around. I don't think the same can be said about MK

Actually, by 8pm it was very pleasant at magic kingdom. And after holiday wishes the park was still crowded but everything had low waits except mine train. Everyone was on main street taking pictures.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Actually, by 8pm it was very pleasant at magic kingdom. And after holiday wishes the park was still crowded but everything had low waits except mine train. Everyone was on main street taking pictures.
And? How was it during the day? Last time I checked it was pretty crowded as expected. Big difference between 1 PM and 8 PM

disney4life2008

2016-12-25 11.33.27.jpg
20161224_235748.jpg

Merry Christmas from Walt Disney world!!

freediverdude

I still can't believe even wealthy people are paying $650 for those tents. I am going to try to make it over there sometime next week to get my money out of the platinum pass.

raven

Traffic was non existent getting into the Kingdom so far. Getting into the park was a breeze, bit more busy than usual but nothing out of the ordinary especially compared to last year.
Whoa! Sounds like a definite drop in attendance then compared to previous years.

Tinkrbell

Traffic was non existent getting into the Kingdom so far. Getting into the park was a breeze, bit more busy than usual but nothing out of the ordinary especially compared to last year.
I had to do a run from studios to MK this morning. Purposely took the long way around past the campground to avoid the toll plaza. Took World Drive on the way back to Studios around 8:30am. Traffic heading to MK on World Drive was backed up to around Epcot Center Dr.

JWG

We left around 2pm and it didn't feel like MK was adding guests, exists were equal to or greater than entries. That said, we can now say we've done it and don't need to do it again. While it wasn't unbearable, it wasn't "joyous" or relaxing.

I equate it to going boating on a holiday weekend. Very busy and none of the "experienced" boaters who know better than to boat on such a weekend. I had little patience for the masses of people who had no clue how to navigate the park.

Luxe

I had to do a run from studios to MK this morning. Purposely took the long way around past the campground to avoid the toll plaza. Took World Drive on the way back to Studios around 8:30am. Traffic heading to MK on World Drive was backed up to around Epcot Center Dr.
They must have been extremely efficient at the gate because it cleared up fairly quickly, all things considered.

disney4life2008

We left around 2pm and it didn't feel like MK was adding guests, exists were equal to or greater than entries. That said, we can now say we've done it and don't need to do it again. While it wasn't unbearable, it wasn't "joyous" or relaxing.

I equate it to going boating on a holiday weekend. Very busy and none of the "experienced" boaters who know better than to boat on such a weekend. I had little patience for the masses of people who had no clue how to navigate the park.

That is how i feel about nye. I went last year, arrived at 9am and was there one hour past closing. It was fun but i do not think I will go this year. It was a madhouse, albeit fun. It was mentally exhausting. I may do nye at animal kingdom until closing then go to hs or epcot if i can get in. I've never done epcot nye but i really do not want to spend the entire day there, i would be bored out my mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom