2015 Christmas Week phase closings watch

pug

Does anyone know how bad the New Year's Eve traffic at MK is at park closeing? Would you drive to mk on the 31st or use the Disney buses? Thanks

DHoy

Does anyone know how bad the New Year's Eve traffic at MK is at park closeing? Would you drive to mk on the 31st or use the Disney buses? Thanks

I've not dealt wit NYE traffic but rule of thumb is for you're leaving with the mass exit take Disney transport

roj2323

the crowd from the 29th apparently:
CXhechhWYAElYTu.jpg

This image disappeared from Facebook shortly after I found it but I got lucky and someone posted it to reddit.

Crazydisneyfanluke

So planning on seeing mk reach capacity just before 10am today, with the till back up past epcot. DHS will be close to capacity and could hit later this evening Around 5pm. Epcot will have 100k/120k. (These are guess based on past years and the past few weeks)

photomatt

MK will be at Phase A very soon. It's currently 9:04.

World Drive is backed up to just north of Buena Vista Drive. It's moving at a slow crawl because all of the toll lanes are filled with cars. Vista Drive is backed up to past Fort Wilderness. Traffic on Epcot Center Drive is backed up to I-4, but once you get past the construction the right lanes to Epcot are clear.

The southwest MK parking lot is still empty, but it looks like they are about to use it. The east parking lots are all empty, other than the handicapped section.

I've seen what the traffic has been like each day this week, and today has clearly been the heaviest so far.

DHS and Epcot are easy to get into.

Oddly enough, traffic everywhere else is very light. LBV, and I-4 through LBV, are practically empty. Also, Epcot Center Drive has cleared up (9:25).

Last edited:

JohnD

What was 1/2 like a year ago? A co-worker and her family are going for the day to MK on 1/2 this year.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom