2015 Christmas Week phase closings watch

Luxe

Space Mountain wait time has been 3 hours for a while now. Doesn't help that it broke down earlier haha. Currently at HWS and everything is at least a 2 hr wait. Lines are extending extremely fat out from where they normally stop. Every ride has a cast member directing the end of the line. Happy December everybody! :p

jbolen2

We flew in to see some family 12-26 and went to ak 12-27 day. It wasn't too bad and we got to do everything we wanted to in a resonable time. We went back to the campground for a while that evening then went over to mk from 8-1 and got to ride a lot of the major rides with only 20-45 min wait with the longest being the mine train. The barnstormer did break down on us going up the lift hill at about 12:30 and we got evacuated off it. All in all the crowds have be really manageable for this time of year here.

JohnD

Wow. A co-worker is going with her family on 1/2. I've given her advanced warning about these phased closures and advised her to arrive at rope drop in order to get into the park.

JohnD

I'm trying to understand the difference between Phase 1 and Phase 2 if you have a ticket to MK for the day:

Phase 1: "Guests with 'Magic Your Way' base tickets, or a '1-Day 1-Park Ticket', Guests without an admission ticket, and Cast Members using Main Gate & Silver Passes will be turned around at the parking lot booths."

Phase 2: "Admission is limited to: ...
  • Guests with pre-purchased 1 day Magic Kingdom tickets
Phase 1 would seem to indicate you cannot enter on a one-day ticket while Phase 2 indicates you can. What' the difference?

StephK

People are crazy!!!! But if they are going now instead of October when I like to go then I am a happy Disney-goer! :)

Communicore

Was turned away at the MK yesterday as well. There was also no "return to Magic Kingdom" parking available, so we parked at Art of Animation and then tried MK again at 5 pm and were able to get in.

Left MK at around 8, went to Disney Springs and saw signs that said Parking Full, but those signs were not specific, so I risked it and turned into the Orange parking garage. There was a ton of parking available. I'm not sure why they put up those signs as people were parking at Team Disney and Casting Center and they had no idea the parking garage is not full.

Once inside Springs, it was extremely crowded, hot, and stinky too from the smorgasbord of body odors. It was definitely an ick factor. Rode the Amphicars, had a bite at Raglan Road, then bailed.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom