2014 WDW Planning DVD Is "Out"

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
I called the WDW Vacation Planning line today and was told that the 2014 DVD is out. I guess I'll find out in 7 to 10 business days (when my planning package arrives at my door) whether the cast member knew what she was talking about!

JohnD

I called the WDW Vacation Planning line today and was told that the 2014 DVD is out. I guess I'll find out in 7 to 10 business days (when my planning package arrives at my door) whether the cast member knew what she was talking about!

Would like to know what you think. Last year's with the lady in the very-obvious living room set just didn't do anything for me.

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
Would like to know what you think. Last year's with the lady in the very-obvious living room set just didn't do anything for me.

Last year's was 95% cut-and-pasted from the year before. We weren't fans of the "lady in the living room" either -- she was condescending and her facial expressions (some kind of wild cross between a smile and a sneer) were just weird. (Actually, the woman in the yellow dashiki with the weird accent who does the Magic Kingdom segment, "and I say, LET THEM!"... annoys the crap out of me too. Apparently I am easily annoyed!) I'm hoping they'll do something totally new for this year, but it's doubtful -- I'll let you know my family's reaction ASAP. :happy:

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

I really don't see how. So much changing with MyMagic+, MDE, FP+, New Fantasyland, etc., it almost demands an entirely new DVD and new video.

Ah but, through the magic of editing anything is possible..They just keep getting crappier. I'll enjoy The HCOE plannner as it was the better produced Dvd's then one's with lying smiles.

Figaro928

Think she was marketed as "the relatable mom"

I'm surprised they haven't gone with the marketing towards dads angle yet like so many other companies.

Weather_Lady

Original Poster

I'm surprised they haven't gone with the marketing towards dads angle yet like so many other companies.

LOL, marketing for Dads means the video would be 90 seconds long: Shot of Pirate. Shot of frothy beer. Shot of TV screen. Shot of man taking a nap. Shot of attractive blonde screaming on Tower of Terror. Shot of adorable toddler watching fireworks from Dad's shoulders. Shot of phone number for Disney vacation package reservations. DONE!

orky8

Umm, come again? Aside from beer and cars, what do you think is really marketed at dads? Most commercials these days portray dads as incompetent neanderthals that are lucky to have a woman around who is sensible enough to buy their product. That is the meme these days.

Cmdr_Crimson

We received ours on Tuesday. Unfortunately, it appeared to just be the previous year's DVD with the addition of the FLE.

Somebody Give Me The Phone....Because....
i-called-it.jpg

This was no Surprise what-so-ever!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
LOL, marketing for Dads means the video would be 90 seconds long: Shot of Pirate. Shot of frothy beer. Shot of TV screen. Shot of man taking a nap. Shot of attractive blonde screaming on Tower of Terror. Shot of adorable toddler watching fireworks from Dad's shoulders. Shot of phone number for Disney vacation package reservations. DONE!

And what would be wrong with that I ask, It also needs an attractive blonde or ginger right after the phone numbers 'I'll be waiting for your call..' Meanwhile the guy who did 'Fractured Fairy Tales' on bullwinkle will actually answer...

Cmdr_Crimson

What happened to the Disney who used to routinely AMAZE us, Now it's a game of guessing of just how cheap Disney will be today... Discouraging to say the least.

Well, the next thing will see all Vacation planning videos just be streamed online to cut even more corners....I got a bad feeling this is the way it would go..:banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom