2013 Trip CANCELLED. But for an awesome reason...

dopeylover

So our trip for December has been pushed back a year...because we are expecting baby #2!

I think some of you may know we experienced a loss in July, so this is very exciting news to us!

Our newest will only be 2 months old in December, and I refuse to even try to get into a vacation while adjusting to our new life, so plans right now are to go in December 2014. Our DD will be 4 1/2 (PERFECT age, I think) and our newest Mouseketeer will be just over a year. Plus, we can now get professional family photos done at WDW, a dream of mine I only wanted to spend the money on once our family was 'complete'.

We're still keeping the news close to the chest, but I was bursting to tell someone, and wanted to share with you all! I will live vicariously through your trip reports in the meantime...

BigRedDad

Well, that is the best reason. I think it is the right choice. We went through too many complications, ambulance trips, bed rest, and other risks to get my daughter here. Because of all the issues, the doctors told us it was low odds getting her here and the odds drastically drop to have another. So, we have the one and that was all.

Upvote 0

dopeylover

Original Poster
I remember those days like it was yesterday.

We became DVC members on our second WDW trip in 2002 when our son Justin was just 3. Our first trip was in 2000 when he was only 18 months. Obviously he doesn't remember the WDW trips. Great trips for us though.

Unfortunately we have not made any WDW trips since 2002; though we have made many Disneyland stays at the Grand Californian. We got to witness the opening of both the Grand Californian and California Adventure over the years. We are really looking forward to this WDW trip because Justin now turning 14 makes it rather special. Might even spark a memory or two of when he was 3.

It was very important to us that we make this trip now because Justin is 14 going on 21 and in couple years he's going to be nearly grown up. Justin turns 14 on May 25 and he is already enrolling himself in college courses on his own accord. Watching him grow up so fast is difficult. I use to make believe ground him for growing too quickly. Gifted boy Justin is; but sometimes a gift isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Hold on to them as long as you can but not to tightly! :rolleyes:

Thank you so much for this! Our daughter is also very bright, and sometimes I feel like she's almost 3 going on 13! She cracks me up, we've already had an instance of her telling us to 'leave her alone!", storming up the stairs, and hiding in her room! I looked at my husband and was like, " I didn't think I'd be dealing with this behavior for at least a decade!"

Time flies soo fast with kids, I just try to soak it all in as much as I can.

Have a wonderful trip!

Upvote 0

dopeylover

Original Poster
Well, that is the best reason. I think it is the right choice. We went through too many complications, ambulance trips, bed rest, and other risks to get my daughter here. Because of all the issues, the doctors told us it was low odds getting her here and the odds drastically drop to have another. So, we have the one and that was all.

I understand how you feel completely. I had an extremely difficult pregnancy with our DD, complete w/ ICU stays, many many ER visits, a heart condition, and the swine flu of all things! And then after our loss, I really wondered if it was meant to be. I am happy to say that things have been easier this time around so far, but it's still a scary road.

My best to you and your family!

Upvote 0

brumby

Thank you so much for this! Our daughter is also very bright, and sometimes I feel like she's almost 3 going on 13! She cracks me up, we've already had an instance of her telling us to 'leave her alone!", storming up the stairs, and hiding in her room! I looked at my husband and was like, " I didn't think I'd be dealing with this behavior for at least a decade!"

Time flies soo fast with kids, I just try to soak it all in as much as I can.

Have a wonderful trip!

Independence... the first of many loops on the roller coaster! LOL Hide your credit cards!

Good for you!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom