2013 Trip CANCELLED. But for an awesome reason...

dopeylover

So our trip for December has been pushed back a year...because we are expecting baby #2!

I think some of you may know we experienced a loss in July, so this is very exciting news to us!

Our newest will only be 2 months old in December, and I refuse to even try to get into a vacation while adjusting to our new life, so plans right now are to go in December 2014. Our DD will be 4 1/2 (PERFECT age, I think) and our newest Mouseketeer will be just over a year. Plus, we can now get professional family photos done at WDW, a dream of mine I only wanted to spend the money on once our family was 'complete'.

We're still keeping the news close to the chest, but I was bursting to tell someone, and wanted to share with you all! I will live vicariously through your trip reports in the meantime...

JIMINYCR

we bought all the big stuff gender neutral (carseat, high chair, pack n play, etc.), her room and clothes are decidedly for girls, so if it's a boy, we have a major overhaul ahead! But I've had my eyes on a Mike Wasowksi onesie for awhile...

Congratulations... Boy or girl... We're all happy and ready for you. Another Disney baby to add to our population.

CB024427.jpg
OHL0050.jpg

k2884021.jpg
k2884026.jpg

ps.. We have a friend who just experienced a loss recently. We will continue add our prayers for you as you continue to work your way through your grief.

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

Yes we are! We have a girl now, and although we bought all the big stuff gender neutral (carseat, high chair, pack n play, etc.), her room and clothes are decidedly for girls, so if it's a boy, we have a major overhaul ahead! But I've had my eyes on a Mike Wasowksi onesie for awhile...

And thanks! I'll need that TR!

You mean you've "had your eye" on a Mike Wasowski onesie... HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Upvote 0

dopeylover

Original Poster
Congratulations... Boy or girl... We're all happy and ready for you. Another Disney baby to add to our population.

CB024427.jpg
OHL0050.jpg

k2884021.jpg
k2884026.jpg

ps.. We have a friend who just experienced a loss recently. We will continue add our prayers for you as you continue to work your way through your grief.

Thank you so much for your prayers. It still hurts, but now that we have something to look forward to, it makes it a lot easier. I will pray for your friend as well.

Upvote 0

dopeylover

Original Poster
And also make sure to dress him or her in Disney outfits! Buy lots of Disney things for the baby! Teach them while they are young! :D

Our DD will be 3 in June, and she is WELL indoctrinated into Disney! She talks about going to 'Mickeys House' every day! Luckily, this upcoming trip was going to be a surprise to her, so we didn't have to break her heart and explain we were no longer going. We DID tell her that when her brother or sister is 1 year old we will go. I'm sure she has no concept of what that means, but as time goes on I think she'll understand more and get excited! And will adjusting to life with a toddler and newborn, I have no doubt that year will fly by!

Upvote 0

nc_disneyfreak

congrats!!! Two days before our first trip to WDW in april of 2010 we found out we were expecting! of course we went anyway lol...on april 24th 2010 on our first night there, we were in world of disney store and i said i guarantee well have a girl...(it must of been all the princess and minnie stuff around me at the time) fast forward to december 21 2010 and sophia was born! we even came up with a name that night on the bus back to the resort...sophia elizabeth....that was a great week of vacation...we bought onesies, and baby mickey and baby goofy stuffed animals...now shell be three in dec. and were going again in april of 2014 so we can try the bibbidi boppidi boutique lol....

Upvote 0

brumby

I remember those days like it was yesterday.

We became DVC members on our second WDW trip in 2002 when our son Justin was just 3. Our first trip was in 2000 when he was only 18 months. Obviously he doesn't remember the WDW trips. Great trips for us though.

Unfortunately we have not made any WDW trips since 2002; though we have made many Disneyland stays at the Grand Californian. We got to witness the opening of both the Grand Californian and California Adventure over the years. We are really looking forward to this WDW trip because Justin now turning 14 makes it rather special. Might even spark a memory or two of when he was 3.

It was very important to us that we make this trip now because Justin is 14 going on 21 and in couple years he's going to be nearly grown up. Justin turns 14 on May 25 and he is already enrolling himself in college courses on his own accord. Watching him grow up so fast is difficult. I use to make believe ground him for growing too quickly. Gifted boy Justin is; but sometimes a gift isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Hold on to them as long as you can but not to tightly! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom