2012 Golden Tickets: SEA and Dolly Beat Out Disney In Most.

captainkidd

Look at the park's safety capacity numbers. Vastly different. CP is lower. Look up the hard numbers. Don't fabricate to jusity.

I'm not "fabricating" anything. If you're gonna throw facts out there, at least provide them. Show where Cedar Points and Magic Kingdom's "safety capacity" is.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Original Poster
I have never looked at the mag myself. But I have heard comments from CF insiders that ads in AT will get you certain considerations come awards time.

I've seen very little in regards to SEA advertising and not much more for WDW. Some of the extreme small parks have more in it. SEA does not really need to advertise in it with their quality constantly going up, no Uni for that matter. If buying pages was the case I would think WDW would have bought every issue. Especially since some women's magazine will use these awards in their planning areas. The CF Insiders I know are in the KD realm and the SEA insiders I am very close with have said next to nothing was spent on adverts.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm not "fabricating" anything. If you're gonna throw facts out there, at least provide them. Show where Cedar Points and Magic Kingdom's "safety capacity" is.

I have them saved on a different computer from person insider CP. I find it comical you ask me to provide hard numbers and avoid yourself. LOL.

The people's opinion has hurt fanbois' feeling. Reality.

captainkidd

I have them saved on a different computer from person insider CP. I find it comical you ask me to provide hard numbers and avoid yourself. LOL.

The people's opinion has hurt fanbois' feeling. Reality.

LOL - I'm far from a "fanboi". I just find your logic incredibly funny. You're trying to say that a 365 acre park with 72 rides has a lower capacity than a 100 acre park with 40 attractions.

mollydtt

30 year old IllumiNations beats out technelogically advanced/amazing and NEW World of Color as best outdoor production?

c'mon now.

Can someon also offer some more insight to the nature/background of these awards...who votes...etc?

While I agree with you that World of Color is amazing, I don't think they are talking about the Illuminations of 30 years ago.
I think that the Millennium Illuminations is outstanding. Fortunately, Disney realized that this "new and improved" 2000 version was worth keeping.
I'd vote for Illuminations.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Original Poster
LOL - I'm far from a "fanboi". I just find your logic incredibly funny. You're trying to say that a 365 acre park with 72 rides has a lower capacity than a 100 acre park with 40 attractions.

I will not drop the bumbshell yet. I will wait and watch you keep going for a bit. You are forgetting one MAJOR factor wil Cedar Point. MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR!

captainkidd

I will not drop the bumbshell yet. I will wait and watch you keep going for a bit. You are forgetting one MAJOR factor wil Cedar Point. MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR!

What is a bumbshell?

I really don't care. I never claimed to be an insider. I'm just going by simple math. If there is a reason that math isn't applicable in this scenario, then so be it.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Original Poster
What is a bumbshell?

I really don't care. I never claimed to be an insider. I'm just going by simple math. If there is a reason that math isn't applicable in this scenario, then so be it.

So obvious it is not a bombshell because it should be seen outright.

In your math you have disregarded one CRUCIAL variable.

youhow2

Forgot the password to your actual username, man? Good to see you pop in, I bet you know what's missing.

Yes, Yes I did. Felt I was too notorious with this name so I changed it when I registered here... However I never really used the site and remained lurking.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yes, Yes I did. Felt I was too notorious with this name so I changed it when I registered here... However I never really used the site and remained lurking.

I think I might plan a CP trip in December. I heard it's empty that time of year.

devoy1701

While I agree with you that World of Color is amazing, I don't think they are talking about the Illuminations of 30 years ago.
I think that the Millennium Illuminations is outstanding. Fortunately, Disney realized that this "new and improved" 2000 version was worth keeping.
I'd vote for Illuminations.

That wasn't exactly what I meant. I realize the show is not the "original" IllumiNations show that debuted about 25 years ago...I'm just saying it's interesting that the top spot goes to a "25-year old" show that has simply received upgrades over the decades and not a brand new cutting edge nighttime show. I for one am a huge IllumiNations fan, but it's the score that gets me moreso than the pyro and lighting.

MagicMike

According to the 2012 Meaningless Awards, a swing set in my local park just beat out the Magic Kingdom for "Best Kids Area 2012".

My point is, while it is very upsetting that Disney would score so low, I don't think these results will have much of the general public cancelling their WDW trips in favor of a week at Dollywood instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom