2008 Theme

mickster

Since HCOE, there have not been any "resort-specific" campaigns....that is prior to that time, what was going on at DL was very different than at WDW.... (I assume) we will see less and less of this due to the cost of marketing (hundreds of millions of dollars) and the efficiency of creating one message to sell the concept of "Disney Parks"....

The backbone of YoaMD is creating individual experiances.....it is trying to answer "How do we give each of the 50,000 visitors to MK daily the feeling that they (individually) are the only guest that matters, and we are here to take give them a vacation experiance unique to them.?" IMO, Disney will continue on this road (creating individual experiances) with uses of new technology, and new activities (like the Kim Possible / Team Possible event that tested at Epcot last year) I would think that however Disney Parks market themselves next, it will be something related to "customized vacations"....

I agree 100% with this! As time goes by, you'll actually see more and more marketing campaigns (not just Disney) focusing on the "individual" aspect. The US Army actually spent millions to come up with the "Army of One" campaign and that individualism is precisely what they were targeting.

ToTBellHop

How about Mickey and Minnie finally shack up together in 2008? They've been dating 80 years...it's time for them to move into the same house in Toontown, and there should be an 18-month celebration to celebrate!

DisneyChik17

How about Mickey and Minnie finally shack up together in 2008? They've been dating 80 years...it's time for them to move into the same house in Toontown, and there should be an 18-month celebration to celebrate!

You know, I never thought of that. I guess it's a little like the whole "Goofy is a dog too" arguement. Maybe they will get married at 100 years. They already have veil and top hat.

autumndawn1006

How about "Year of the Disney Geek"?

*****Special discounts given based on trivia contests

*****Special cast members assigned to listen to in-depth critiques and answer all of your burning questions (Is that light bulb #4 in the second scene of IASW fixed yet?)

*****Photos of ride rehabs are leaked to internet discussion boards prior to opening

tirian

The backbone of YoaMD is creating individual experiances.....it is trying to answer "How do we give each of the 50,000 visitors to MK daily the feeling that they (individually) are the only guest that matters, and we are here to take give them a vacation experiance unique to them.?" IMO, Disney will continue on this road (creating individual experiances) with uses of new technology, and new activities (like the Kim Possible / Team Possible event that tested at Epcot last year) I would think that however Disney Parks market themselves next, it will be something related to "customized vacations"....

The only problem is that the YoaMD campaign hasn't taken off like Disney thought it would; in a place that feels magical all the time anyway, a free pair of Mickey Dream Ears doesn't add too much for the average (i.e. non-Disney freak) Guest.

I love the concept behind this year's campaign, but I wish that it would have been better planned. It really was a last-minute "Gee, we forgot to plan something" decision! You would have loved seeing how the YoaMD was rolled out to us CMs! There was initially no master plan whatsoever.

How About...

2008: Year of the Refurbished Attractions, new MK E-ticket announcement, and General TLC.

jasondiff

More than likely any new campaign won't start till October 2008, as that is when they usually start. They'll need that down time to come up with something good this time.

bryPOD

I was going to join in on the jokes, before realizing Mickey will be turning 80 in 2008......

I wouldn't be shocked by an 80th birthday celebration throughout all the parks (including international).

jasondiff

I was going to join in on the jokes, before realizing Mickey will be turning 80 in 2008......

I wouldn't be shocked by an 80th birthday celebration throughout all the parks (including international).

If they do that I hope they have 80 Mickey jungle gyms, umm I mean statues, on display like they did for the 75th!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom