2000 leagues under the sea "remake"

darinevans19

Original Poster
I was just watching the news this morning and it apparently is in the talks with the gov't of Australia that they are in the talks with WD Corp to do a remake of this film with the possibility of Brad Pit being the lead role in it has anybody heard or got any more incite to this ?.
it be very interesting to see what they do and especially if they will bring the old subs out of retirement for this or if they construct something totally new and elaborate. :)

lunchbox1175

Welcome to the forums. It has been on again and off again for several years, and had been canned when Ross lost his job. Last I had heard the lead of Captain Nemo was to be played by Will Smith. I hope what your hearing is true.

Thats funny, Will Smith was rumored to play the lead in a new Swiss Family Robinson...is Disney determined to get him in a film.

Jon_in_NC

The last information I read, although it has been quiet for quite a while now, was that David Fincher was in talks to direct and he was wanting Brad Pitt to play Captain Nemo. I would love to see that duo's take on the underlying themes of 20,000 Leagues. Obviously it would be quite different than Disney's 1954 version, but the story and character possibilities are intriguing.

jt04

I'll take a sip... as long as the pandora thing is left out of the blender and put back on the shelf :)

I know it was a spoof but I actually think it might work for the MK's JC. My first choice is to see the JC close at the MK and be reimagined at DAK. Then the MK land repurposed. An Avatar overlay makes some sense at the MK (sans the ridiculous stuff suggested in the spoof). I know this would be heresy to the purists. First PH and now suggesting Avatar. But having 4 theme parks provides a ton of flexibility. And it is fun to speculate how these franchises/attractions could be mixed and matched to the different theme parks. The possibilities seem endless! :D

darinevans19

Original Poster
do you have a copy of that spoof? also do you for see them bring out the old sub's for the movie if they forgo this? and love too see them bring it back to the park but not sure is that will ever happen.

I know it was a spoof but I actually think it might work for the MK's JC.

tumblr_m0v0lvS4yo1rn95k2o1_500.gif

JT, you are out of your mind

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Robert Downy Jr would make a great Capt Nemo. I hope this is a serious remake and not something like Haunted Mansion or Land of the Lost. Don't like comedies made out of serious subjects.

Genie of the Lamp

He would be ok. You've never see the Matrix (he was Mr. Smith) or the Hobbit / LoTR? (He was Elrond).

I think Sean Connery would make an excellent Captain.

Saw parts of the LoTR movies, haven't seen Hobbit yet. Haven't seen any of the matrix movies either. Guess I have some catching up to do.;) Sean Connery wouldn't be a bad choice either.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Instead of a remake, I think they should do a sequel, which would be Verne's other Nemo book. The Mysterious Island. Then remaster the original and re-release it, and host "double showings" of the two movies nationwide.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom