2000 leagues under the sea "remake"

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Instead of a remake, I think they should do a sequel, which would be Verne's other Nemo book. The Mysterious Island. Then remaster the original and re-release it, and host "double showings" of the two movies nationwide.
It should be a trilogy. A prequel to 20k, with the events of how Nemo gets to the point he is at, then the 20k movie, then Mysterious Island.

jt04

do you have a copy of that spoof? also do you for see them bring out the old sub's for the movie if they forgo this? and love too see them bring it back to the park but not sure is that will ever happen.

April 1st on the miceage site. Not sure if posting a link is permitted.

bsiev1977

Thats funny, Will Smith was rumored to play the lead in a new Swiss Family Robinson...is Disney determined to get him in a film.
Well, if you get Will Smith, you have a built in family cast. It seems more often now that Smith makes movies that at least his son can be in.

While it is nice that he wants to work with his kids, I just am not a fan of the son as an actor.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Well, if you get Will Smith, you have a built in family cast. It seems more often now that Smith makes movies that at least his son can be in.

While it is nice that he wants to work with his kids, I just am not a fan of the son as an actor.

Yeah, and Willow can be the Giant Squid, and the soundtrack music can be "I Whip My Tentacles Back and Forth".

In all seriousness...the last "sea" related movie Will Smith was in...I don't want to associate him with anything "underwater" ever again.

Captain Nemo? I think not.

2011022002245039734.png

bsiev1977

Yeah, and Willow can be the Giant Squid, and the soundtrack music can be "I Whip My Tentacles Back and Forth".

In all seriousness...the last "sea" related movie Will Smith was in...I don't want to associate him with anything "underwater" ever again.

Captain Nemo? I think not.

2011022002245039734.png
Exactly.

Captain Nemo should be an older guy. Preferably with an accent of some kind.

englanddg

One Little Spark...

lazyboy97o

Yes, and that list happens to include some of the worst films ever made.

<to the tune of Men In Black>
Here comes the Naut-i-lus (sings "Neeemo's baaaaack"),
The Undersea Defender (obligatory Will Smith "Uh, Uh" here).
Here comes the Naut-i-lus (sings "Neeemo's baaaaack")
</tune>

Please...I'm trying to eat.
As I sort of just said in the Finding Dory thread, story is irrelevant in making these decisions.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
As I sort of just said in the Finding Dory thread, story is irrelevant in making these decisions.

Yes, but with Finding Dory, first they aren't grabbing at top box office grossing actors (though I'm sure they'll have a few). They are basing the story around a talk show host / has been TV star...who has a great character.

I'm actually excited to see what they do with it, and would like to learn some more backstory about the Dory character.

Cosmic Commando

Yes, and that list happens to include some of the worst films ever made.

<to the tune of Men In Black>
Here comes the Naut-i-lus (sings "Neeemo's baaaaack"),
The Undersea Defender (obligatory Will Smith "Uh, Uh" here).
Here comes the Naut-i-lus (sings "Neeemo's baaaaack")
</tune>

Please...I'm trying to eat.
You're making fun of the Men in Black song? With the dancing alien?!? You must not have been much fun in 1997. :eek:

Cosmic Commando

It should be a trilogy. A prequel to 20k, with the events of how Nemo gets to the point he is at, then the 20k movie, then Mysterious Island.
That would be amazing if done well! Has there ever been a trilogy where a character goes from protagonist to antagonist (please don't say the prequels)?

darinevans19

Original Poster
OPPPPPPSSSS My HUGE BAD when I posted this it was to say 20,000 Yikes my mistake everyone fat fingers typing on little key pads lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom