20 Years of Maelstrom!

kingslyZISSOU

This ride is lovely. Am I the only one who really likes being kidnapped by Norwegians before the movie? That place is so relaxing. I wish they had more environments like that. Has anyone else discovered the talking bench?

DarlingDepp

Happy Birthday Maelstrom!

Oh goooooosh when I was a little girl, I was PETRIFIED of this ride! I'm a scaredy-cat when it comes to most rides, and the backwards drop was enough to scare the daylights out of me when I was young.

I'm looking forward to trying it again soon though!

GoofyDan

We're counting down to our first trip to the World and I can't wait to ride Maelstrom and eat some of the foods I remember from my youth that my Norwegian grandmother and great-aunts made!

Whoo-hoo!

jtwyatt

I remember when it first opened...I was only 8....I thought it was such an awsome ride....still a must for me...I only wish you did not have to be help prisoner until the end of the movie then sprint through before the next movie at the exit...I watched the movie once....but not something I need to see time after time.....

Phonedave

We're counting down to our first trip to the World and I can't wait to ride Maelstrom and eat some of the foods I remember from my youth that my Norwegian grandmother and great-aunts made!

Whoo-hoo!

They have lefse but no lutefisk :)

They have jarlsberg but no nukelost (Excuse the spelling)

No Sankaga, krumkage, serinakage, frikedella - I just know the spelling is WAY off.

But still, what they do have is all good My grandmother (and great aunt) came from Norway as well :)

-dave

aladdin2007

But still, what they do have is all good My grandmother (and great aunt) came from Norway as well :)

wow quite a few Norwegians here. My grandfather came from Norway too and we had always wanted to take him to Akershus to eat, but since its been turned into a character cafeteria, it ruins it and we would not go near that place anymore. Actually I think Norway has lost a lot of love, the boat playground they left, the resturant has been changed to princesses that have nothing to do with Norway, the ride and movie has been let go, if only the Norwegian government would support it and pick up sponsorship again, oh well, its still our favorite pavilion despite the decline. VIDUNDERLI NORGE!!

Phonedave

wow quite a few Norwegians here. My grandfather came from Norway too and we had always wanted to take him to Akershus to eat, but since its been turned into a character cafeteria, it ruins it and we would not go near that place anymore. Actually I think Norway has lost a lot of love, the boat playground they left, the resturant has been changed to princesses that have nothing to do with Norway, the ride and movie has been let go, if only the Norwegian government would support it and pick up sponsorship again, oh well, its still our favorite pavilion despite the decline. VIDUNDERLI NORGE!!

Geir Ness visits every so often, if seeing a fragrance designer from Norway is your sort of bag.

I do like the men cologne, and the Laila is my ex-wifes favorite (hows that for a Disney memory :) )

-dave

colleen2997

I LOVE this boat ride, especially going up with the beams of lights swirling at you. I love the cool, dark, damp feeling you get after coming in from the hot Florida sun in summer/fall...Great change of pace after the sun has been blaring on you all day.

Space Mountain

Hooray for the blonde haired, blue eyed sweeties that work in the Norway pavilion! :sohappy:

quagmire38659hq.jpg

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

shmmrname

I convinced my neice that Maelstrom was one of the scariest rides ever. During the ride, she couldn't help but keep asking when the scary parts were coming. It ended up being quite fun. It's no El Rio d'el Tiempe, but what is?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom