20,000 Leagues: Prime Real Estate!

Laura

Premium Member
When will Disney realize that 20,000 LUtS's grave is a perfect spot for a big new attraction? :brick:

YES OMG WHY HASNT DISNEY REALIZED THIS YET!!!!!!????? IF THEY WOULD JUST LOOK AT GOOGLE MAPS THEY WOULD TOTALLY SEE THAT THEY HAVE UNUSED LAND THERE THAT THEY NEVER KNEW ABOUT B4!!!!! :brick:

:lookaroun

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I thought it was shut because it was rubbish, just like Mr Toad. And perhaps Disney are waiting till land prices rise before building on it making the next attraction worth more, so they can out spend Universal as usual or something.

raven

I know they've thought about Fire Mountain and that hasn't gone anywhere.

The Fire Mountain idea has pretty much been dead for several years now.

YES OMG WHY HASNT DISNEY REALIZED THIS YET!!!!!!????? IF THEY WOULD JUST LOOK AT GOOGLE MAPS THEY WOULD TOTALLY SEE THAT THEY HAVE UNUSED LAND THERE THAT THEY NEVER KNEW ABOUT B4!!!!! :brick::lookaroun

They DO know it's there. They torn down the old attraction and just haven't used the land yet but they KNOW it's there.

Personally I still think they might be thinking of a large theatre that can hold a great number of people at once. This is one thing lacking at MK that can pull crowds in large numbers away from the lines in Fantasyland. Another ride or two would be nice but persinally I think they could use a building to do large scale theatrical shows. Look at the crowds that Nemo and Festival of the Lion King pull at AK. And B&B, Indy, Mermaid and Motor Cars at DHS. How about Aladdin at DCA or the Fantasyland theatre at DL. All of these pull large crowds and make lines shorter in their parks. Philharmagic is the only large crowd-puller show at MK but it's dead center of all the madness. And when a show is in progress it's "stroller hell" outside.

These are the reasons why I think they should add a theatre in that spot.

tdonald

Original Poster
Personally I still think they might be thinking of a large theatre that can hold a great number of people at once. This is one thing lacking at MK that can pull crowds in large numbers away from the lines in Fantasyland. Another ride or two would be nice but persinally I think they could use a building to do large scale theatrical shows. Look at the crowds that Nemo and Festival of the Lion King pull at AK. And B&B, Indy, Mermaid and Motor Cars at DHS. How about Aladdin at DCA or the Fantasyland theatre at DL. All of these pull large crowds and make lines shorter in their parks. Philharmagic is the only large crowd-puller show at MK but it's dead center of all the madness. And when a show is in progress it's "stroller hell" outside.

These are the reasons why I think they should add a theatre in that spot.

That's definitely a good idea, and I think that actually there's room for large amphitheater AND an E-ticket ride. The only problem I see (other than $) is that crowd flow through Fantasyland is already bad enough (in fact probably worse than any other MK land), even during less crowded times.
Or, they could do what they did to DL's Fantasyland in the 80's: completely re-do the whole thing. I definitely wouldn't mind it looking more Medieval and less like a cheap carnival, and moving C'sG Carrousel and Dumbo to make more room for big crowds. Nor would I mind Peter Pan's Flight and Snow White's SA getting a face-lift.
And if there would be any problems with the fireworks launch sites, I'm sure Disney would figure something out if they wanted to. They always do.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Believe me, the plans are already in place. It is a big area, capable of holding several attractions. Again, this has been illustrated in earlier threads on the topic.

WDWs Fantasyland was flawed since it was designed in many ways - these errors can`t be fixed without a leveling and starting from scratch approach (or a just as costly northern expansion)

BTW; 20K officially closed so far as guests knew for a rehab, and was to open December 17th 1994. Of course it never did. Cast members were only told it had closed 3 days afterwards.

mrerk

Premium Member
There was no single reason why it closed ,rather it was a combination of many factors. It was incredibly expensive to operate, it was an absolute maintenance nightmare, there were ADA issues and it had a very low guest per hour capacity.

It had to be the slowest line in the park.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I recall the main issue with The Swan Boats was control; they were free floating craft with underwater channels to guide them under the hub bridges - as such they had to be driven carefully. Add to that a control system with rotating thrusters controlled by a tank-style duel stick control and they wern`t the easiest boats to manouver.

bjlc57

we could speculate until doomsday..

There is a prime area for a ride. a ride should be built there.. will a ride be built there? No one knows. if it is to be built, when will it be built? probably about the time that Eisner comes back to Disney.. ( it ain't gonna happen soon).

why? why should they? they have completely gone away from Walt's concept.

its all about the beans now. all about the money.

So yes its there, and its a perfect spot for a ride. Will it happen? Don't hold your breath. or quit your job to wait in line. It's not going to happen soon. :hammer::hammer::hammer::cry::cry::cry:

for one, because they don't have to, and right now, money wise, they don't want to. and because the money is rolling into the park, there is nothing pulling them to cause them to change their minds.

But a word of warning for the powers that be.. there is a tipping point. a point where if you don't act BEFORE you lose your crowd, that suddenly, you lose the money inflow so that you CAN make an upgrade.

you see this in Hotels all the time. When the money is rolling in, they don't make the upgrades.. and once the upgrades stop, and things start to fall apart, and your clients stop coming, now you don't have the money to fix things..

and while you say this COULDN'T Happen at Disney.. yes, it can.

and that tipping point is coming closer every day. it always is coming closer unless you expand or make changes. AK is how many years old? and never completed. that alone should be a warning sign. Kali Rapids was supposed to be twice as long.. what happened?

so don't say it couldn't happen.. it already has happened.

food for thought.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ wha????

Things arn`t nearly as bad overall as a decade ago. We`re out of the dak ages. We`ll never return to the 80's, but things are looking better than in a long time. The 20k plot especially.

Axle1986

Although I would feel affection intended for to see amazing new come to MK, I like the present plan of act, giving all the novel big ticket attractions to the parks that really need them, and letting MK have all of the much needed rehabs of the classic attractions there.

A 5 YEAR thread bump? Really? :brick:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It appears to have been bumped by a (now-banned) spammer. Nothing more to see here....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom