2 Weeks at Disney?!

nighneve

We come all the way from Australia, so like to stay for a while and make the long flights worth it.
We had our first trip last year and stayed 3 weeks, and have just booked a 4 week trip for end of next year. We only get 10 day park tickets, but we also went to MNSSHP twice. We went to Universal for 1 day, did some outlet shopping, enjoyed Disney Springs, the resorts etc. It certainly didn't feel like too long, hence our willingness to book and even longer trip next time!
Next year we will probably enjoy Orlando a little bit more, the Icon area, some restaurants, maybe a visit to Celebration.

We tend to ease into it by having the first few days just having a normal relaxing resort holiday. Then our park strategy is 2 or 3 days on, then a resort day. And we never follow a late night up with an early morning. I love it, we can't get enough!

Pretzel Kaiser

I'm going for 10 coming up as it's my first real visit. I'm giving myself time to do everything. I also figure that this will tell me what I like or can avoid for potential future visits.

Tavernacle12

I've done just Disney for ten days before. I did full days at AK and HS (this was pre-Avatar so I went on Kilamanjaro Safaris a lot), spent a day at MK trying to ride everything in 24 hours, had a hotel day where I explored the resorts, and did multiple tours. There was a point towards the end where I did sort of run out of new things to do, but that could have been alleviated with more planning/spending a couple days off property.

Disney4family

We usually do a trip this long. We go from park opening to park closing. We never leave the bubble. We don't do breaks for naps or pool. Never have. We play and never get bored - and try to soak it all in before we have to disappear for another year.
It's still never enough time there.

Delgado

For those of you that have pool days or days away from the parks, what kind of passes do you purchase? Or do you have Annual Passes?
I’ve done the math on this pre calendar tickets. And I want to say it was like two 5 day trips with the park plus option the AP made more sense to get. Honestly the discounts we got an AP weren’t even taken into account and those are worth it. And if you’re going for two weeks it’d make more sense to buy your AP and then plan your next trip before it expires.

jloucks

It doesn’t seem uncommon for families to spend 2 weeks or more at Disney. I am just curious for those of you that do this, are you spending the entire time on property? Do you mix in several “pool” days or take breaks from the parks?

My family just returned from an amazing 8 day trip and although we had a blast, we are all absolutely exhausted. As much as we love all things Disney, I honestly don’t think I could have handled another 6 plus days there (nor could my bank account).

Any tips or tricks to survive a 2 week Disney trip.

It does seem uncommon to me. I would guess 10% or less are there for over a week. Makes the most sense for those that visit from far away and maybe multitask.

We have done a 10 day Uni-WDW visit once. That was fun, but honestly, about a long as I would want.

Now, if you are big into resort lounging, than 10+ days would be ok. I have never, not once, swam in a resort pool. Kids did once, at Uni.

dig311dug

For the two week stays, we usually rent a car for a few days to travel to the east coast and visit beaches and forest preserves. Two full weeks in the disney bubble is just toooo much, even for a fan like myself.

Daddyoh

It doesn’t seem uncommon for families to spend 2 weeks or more at Disney. I am just curious for those of you that do this, are you spending the entire time on property? Do you mix in several “pool” days or take breaks from the parks?

My family just returned from an amazing 8 day trip and although we had a blast, we are all absolutely exhausted. As much as we love all things Disney, I honestly don’t think I could have handled another 6 plus days there (nor could my bank account).

As DVC Members we stay as long as possible, alone with the wife two weeks are a "breeze" but we are not into time nor a schedule. When the boys decide to go with friends our points usually allow 10 days with 3 rooms but then, time and schedule are out the window, we're then constantly on the "GO". We learned a long time ago on those real hot days with extended night hours we're pool side and then maybe a night visit to that park, maybe ? Our home resort is the Beach Club and we have found that an Annual Pass works the "BEST" for us allowing our visiting to twice a year and easy DAILY access to EPCOT for dining or just a walk and a snack. We may make an occasional out of Resort trip for a special dining reason to our favorite restaurant but that's rare. Orlando and the WDW area is going through mass roadway construction and we prefer to mainly stay on grounds and avoid the "craziness".

aliceismad

I've never been on a 2 week vacation in my life. Clearly I need to lobby my employer for more paid time off. And a raise.

Though I suppose if I were going overseas, I would save up the time to make it more worthwhile.

iPirate

My husband and I are staying for two weeks starting Sunday. We've done trips in all fashions; a few days here and there, a single day, a full week, and two weeks.
We like it and split our time; parks, pool, other onsite activities (we stay at the campground) and some off site family time.

We try to book something new each visit. There are plenty of places to make dinner reservations, or events to attend, etc. And we try to eat at our camper as much as possible. Or we go see the movie playing at our resort.
You'll find all of the resorts have fun things that are free to do!

There are so many ways to save (only meals in the parks and bring snacks or the other way around, bring water bottles to refill or ask any soda station for a cup of ice water, etc.). While the wallet still hurts at the end, you won't have to scrimp the whole way to your next trip.

If you have kids that you trust to be on their own, let them wander and grab a coffee while they ride Space Mountain a hundred times (and have them send you their selfies so you get regular check ins). If you have little ones that are not quite ready to be on their own, try to make a schedule you can all stick to (8am, Magic Kingdom; snack and sit at 10, lunch at 2*, etc). That is what my sister tried to do when she had her kids on our last big trip down.

Really, it is personal preference. I can only say... pace yourself. Disney is and can be exhausting, but the point of vacation is to feel invigorated and ready to take on the hum-drum-life away from the magic you just left behind.

((*2pm lunch is because you want to avoid the regular lunch-crunch from 11:30a-1:30p))

MAGICFLOP

We come all the way from Australia, so like to stay for a while and make the long flights worth it.
We had our first trip last year and stayed 3 weeks, and have just booked a 4 week trip for end of next year. We only get 10 day park tickets, but

If you don't mind me asking, you said 'We", what kind of jobs do you(multiple people) have that allows 3 or 4 weeks vacation?

My job affords me 6 weeks/yr, but only in rare circumstances(traveling over seas) am I allowed to burn more than 1 wk at a time, but certainly not more than 2wks (unless my funeral is lumped in)..

NickMaio

The 2 weeks gives you more chill time...shopping time(malls)...relax time.
You come a little more refreshed, vs zapped.

We were there for 3 weeks this past summer. We could have done 4😜

BuddyThomas

I never understood how anyone can afford trips there of two weeks and longer. I make okay money and I'm in the poor house after 4 nights there. But more power to you if you can pull this off. 😜

Goofyernmost

The longest I've ever been to WDW is 4 days. I can't even fathom what it would be like to be there four times as long.
Me either. I have loved WDW since my first visit in 1983 and have visited over 45 times in that time. The longest I ever stayed there just dealing with WDW was 5 days. I thought they were going to have to take me out in a straight jacket. I can tolerate only so much of the Mouse before I start looking for huge mouse traps.

I don't know how people are able to stay that long. The pace, the visual and auditory over load, the crowds the need to be places and have reservations just to have just about every meal, even though some of the resort rooms have regular furniture, they never are as comfortable as home so that usually means that I have to take another vacation to recover from that one, plus most of my credit cards will have melted.

And I didn't even mention the cost of an onsite stay of that length. I could, and did, spend a month in Europe and a Trans Atlantic cruise for less then that. A lot less.

NRL2003

I've done 2 weeks, but not just in the WDW bubble. I've combined it with either Universal, SW/Aquatica, or Busch Gardens, also have included some outlet shopping. I did these trips when I was a DVC owner, so that made it easier.
Next year (which will be 3 years since my last trip) I'm doing 10 nights, but only getting either a 7 or 8 park pass. One day will be MNSSHP and one day offsite. I like going back to the resort mid afternoon so having extra days is nice when you want a slower pace.

StarWarsGirl

Growing up, we always did two week trips. Record was 19 days. We usually did the pool in the mornings, sometimes we'd only go to the parks for dinner and fireworks. We also would throw water parks in there as well.

My longest trip was my Disneyland/WDW combo grad trip. It was three weeks and involved stopping in San Diego. I was exhausted when I was done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom