Trip Report 2 Geeks take on the World: A May 2013 Report

Hello again everyone :). I had written this trip report in 2013 but I was too shy to post it. Since then we have taken another trip in October/November of 2014 and I did post that one but right now I am experiencing the Disney blues so I thought it would help if I went back and relived our 2013 trip :D.

Who: Me (Tammy) and my Husband (Brian)
When: May 10th - 23rd, 2013

Here is a picture of us from 2014:

Right now it is Fall in New Brunswick, Canada - my favorite time of year :happy:

Although the leaves are long gone now and Old Man Winter is on his way. I love Christmas but I am not looking forward to this...

Okay on with the story...
The night before we left one of our fur babies decided to try and fit in our luggage...

We have 2 fur babies - a boy and a girl (siblings)
:inlove:

Our boy is in the princess chair (and yes we did buy them chairs to sleep in...lol).

After saying "See you soon" to our kitties we were off to the airport for our early morning flight (Don't worry we had a "cat" sitter for the 2 weeks).

Look...it's a bird.. no it's a plane. I wonder where they are going?

I thought this looked cool...

We finally made it to the Orlando Airport.

And then we had our 1st ride on the Magical Express :happy:. Our 1st trip was in September 2011 and we rented a car.

As you can tell by my smile I was thrilled to take the Disney transportation.

Brian on the other hand was not nearly as excited ;).

We finally made it to our "home" for the next 2 weeks. We checked in and then checked out our room and a little of the resort. We were staying in the 80's section, which was great because we met in 1987 :).

Get up Sleeping Beauty...it is not time for bed yet!

Once we did a little exploring it was time for us to catch the bus to our 1st park...

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Day 11 - Monday, May 20th

We had a very late start to our day and by the time we arrived at Animal Kingdom it was already time for lunch.

After lunch we wandered around and shopped a little until it was time to find a seat for the parade.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
When the parade was over we decided to catch Flights of Wonder. We were not sure what to expect but both us enjoyed the show :happy:.

Then it was time for our 2 week Safari. It started to rain so the park emptied out again...silly people but fortunate for us. We ended up going on the Safari 4 times and the animals were quite active :D.

This bird was the reason we went on the Safari 4 times in a row. We kept trying to get a good picture of him...lol.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Safari pictures continued...

Even the lion was slightly active.

Double rainbow :D.

We were laughing like a couple of kids after our last bumpy ride :joyfull:. We park-hopped to HS and went immediately to Star Tours because I guess we did not get enough of Star Wars the other 3 days...lol. Then we checked out the Jack Sparrow show (it was cute for kids) and enjoyed Fantasmic again.

Mickey the "Rock star"

The crowd was great at the show and the energy was contagious. We left the park feeling....well you know....that magical Disney feeling :joyfull:.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Such beautiful pictures of the Lion! Did the Safari guides recognize you after so many rides? That's so fun you were able to do that!

After our 2nd trip around our Safari guide just let us stay on because there were hardly any other guests waiting :D. It was a great experience and we were amazed to see the lion up. Sometimes it really pays to stay in the park when it is raining and bonus we got some pictures of a pretty rainbow :joyfull:.

Beastly74

Original Poster
Day 12 - Tuesday, May 21

This was our last day in Disney World :( and we started our day in DTD with a little shopping and lunch at...you guessed it....Wolfgang Puck Express.

After another delicious meal it was time to spend the rest of the day at MK.

It was quite overcast and the rain started shortly after we arrived but it did not last.

A parade was in progress when we entered...

This hat struck me as extremely funny...maybe I was just exhausted :hilarious:.

Our 1st ride of the day was Pirates and then Brian braved Splash Mountain by himself and we took a wild ride on BTMR together.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
We walked by some cool characters on our way to visit the Haunted Mansion.

I could not resist a comfy rocking chair :D.

We stopped for dinner at Pinocchio Village Haus and then it was time for another classic ride.

Brian is quite the character :rolleyes:.

After we fought to save the galaxy with Buzz Lightyear and we laughed our way through Monster's Inc.

Serious gaming faces again ;).

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
We enjoyed the fireworks from the back of the castle again and then went for one last visit to the Haunted Mansion. Finally it was time to find a spot for the Electrical parade - the late one. We found a spot near Pecos Bills and there were not many other people around us. Just before the parade started an owl landed in a tree across from us and I overheard a guest ask a CM if it was something new MK was doing (as they were pointing at the owl...I can only assume they did not think it was real).:hilarious:

Mickey's float stopped right on front of us and Mickey was posing and waving at us for a good 2 minutes but wouldn't you know it both of our cameras were not cooperating because their batteries were low :(. So we were not able to get any great pics of him but we have some amazing memories and we still talk about the moment. It was a magical end to a wonderful vacation :joyfull:.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom