Trip Report 2 Geeks take on the World: A May 2013 Report

Hello again everyone :). I had written this trip report in 2013 but I was too shy to post it. Since then we have taken another trip in October/November of 2014 and I did post that one but right now I am experiencing the Disney blues so I thought it would help if I went back and relived our 2013 trip :D.

Who: Me (Tammy) and my Husband (Brian)
When: May 10th - 23rd, 2013

Here is a picture of us from 2014:

Right now it is Fall in New Brunswick, Canada - my favorite time of year :happy:

Although the leaves are long gone now and Old Man Winter is on his way. I love Christmas but I am not looking forward to this...

Okay on with the story...
The night before we left one of our fur babies decided to try and fit in our luggage...

We have 2 fur babies - a boy and a girl (siblings)
:inlove:

Our boy is in the princess chair (and yes we did buy them chairs to sleep in...lol).

After saying "See you soon" to our kitties we were off to the airport for our early morning flight (Don't worry we had a "cat" sitter for the 2 weeks).

Look...it's a bird.. no it's a plane. I wonder where they are going?

I thought this looked cool...

We finally made it to the Orlando Airport.

And then we had our 1st ride on the Magical Express :happy:. Our 1st trip was in September 2011 and we rented a car.

As you can tell by my smile I was thrilled to take the Disney transportation.

Brian on the other hand was not nearly as excited ;).

We finally made it to our "home" for the next 2 weeks. We checked in and then checked out our room and a little of the resort. We were staying in the 80's section, which was great because we met in 1987 :).

Get up Sleeping Beauty...it is not time for bed yet!

Once we did a little exploring it was time for us to catch the bus to our 1st park...

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Great pictures! Do you by any chance remember what you thought of the Bacon wrapped meatloaf from Wolfgang's (I think that's what that is in one of those pictures above).
I've never ordered meatloaf at a restaurant, but it looks so good, I'd like to try it. I mean there's bacon wrapped around it, it must be good, right? :D

Do you have a link to your 2014 trip report, I wouldn't mind reading that one also.

Thank you :). You are correct - that was the bacon wrapped meatloaf and I really enjoyed it. Brian and I loved all of the meals we got there.
Here is the link for our 2014 trip:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/a-very-happy-40th-birthday-to-me.898024/
Thanks for following along :D.

Beastly74

Original Poster
Day 6 - Wednesday, May 15

Today we were back in Epcot and I bought Brian a ticket to do the Behind the Seeds Tour. I would have gone too but my feet were really sore :(. So while he was on the tour I watched the Circle of Life show. Does anyone else feel like crying during this movie? After I went on the Living with the Land boat ride. Then it was time to meet back up with Brian. He loves to garden so I knew he would appreciate it.

Brian says I always look too happy in all of my pictures so he wanted one picture of me not smiling while in Disney...lol.

We continued on to World Showcase and took some pictures along the way.

We did not notice the little guy on top until after we got back to the resort and uploaded the photos :happy:.

We stopped for lunch at Yorkshire County Fish Shop (sorry no pics) and then we noticed Alice was meeting people. I asked Brian to go see her because...well honestly she kind of scared me :cautious:. She was very hyper and talkative...true to her character.

After Alice I noticed Mary Poppins walking towards us and I had to stop and get my picture taken with her.

Brian said it looks like I was trying to steal her umbrella. Honestly she told me that I could hold it with her :D. I was thrilled to meet her...so many wonderful childhood memories.

Next we happened upon these 2 friends by accident while browsing in a store :).

We turned around to use our fastpass for Soarin and then explored Universe of Energy with Ellen.

Last edited:

disneypearl

I love the Flower and Garden pictures! They are a great reminder of what a nice time of year it is to visit.
I've always wanted to do the Behind the Seeds tour but am so not a gardener. It looks like it could be fun anyway. Did Brian enjoy it?

Beastly74

Original Poster
I love the Flower and Garden pictures! They are a great reminder of what a nice time of year it is to visit.
I've always wanted to do the Behind the Seeds tour but am so not a gardener. It looks like it could be fun anyway. Did Brian enjoy it?

Thank you :). We went to Disney World in May for the Star Wars Weekend (hence the title of the report :cool:) but the Flower and Garden Festival was a definite bonus. Brian said that he loved the Behind the Seeds tour. He thought it was interesting and educational and if you like the boat ride then you will enjoy the tour. I am going to try and go if we make it next year.

Beastly74

Original Poster
We decided to head back to World Showcase and...could it be? Yes! Belle was out and there was no line. I don't remember much about my interaction with her but I do remember she said I was beautiful...aww shucks :happy:. I wish I was not so horribly shy. I am sure the characters must find it awkward when I just smile foolishly at them...lol. Brian thinks it is hilarious :rolleyes:. Is it weird for a grown woman in her late 30's (early 40's now) to get star-struck over a Disney character? Hahaha

This would have been a great picture if that lady would have moved :(.

We were getting hungry so we decided to stop in Norway again for dinner.

Love the expression on Brian's face.

After dinner it was time to meet up with some friends...Mickey, Minnie and Pluto. It was not busy so we had more time to interact with each of them.

Brian loves Pluto :joyfull:.

Minnie was sad to see us go!

We ended our night with a ride on Spaceship Earth and a little shopping.

Last picture of the night was a selfie on the bus...

:hilarious:

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Day 7 - Thursday, May 16th

We spent the day at Animal Kingdom and our 1st stop was the Safari but we took some pictures along the way.

Peek-a-boo ;).

After the safari we stopped at Restaurantosaurus.

Brian could just not understand my need to take pictures of our food :hilarious:.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Next we stopped to watch the parade.

It looks like it is going to eat the kids :eek:.

Hi Mickey!

We decided to walk around and enjoy the atmosphere for a bit.

Can you see the baby? :happy:

Then it was time to cool off on Kali River Rapids. We both got drenched...lol.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
After getting cooled off we went on the Maharajah Jungle Trek.

I'm trying to blend in :D.

We stopped to enjoy some entertainment before continuing on to the Lion King show.

One photo on our way out...

And we hopped on a bus to visit the Animal Kingdom Lodge. This is probably not a resort that we would ever be able to afford but we can still enjoy looking around.

I love rocking chairs. I didn't want to leave :(.

But it was time for dinner and Brian was looking forward to dinner at Wolfgang Puck's again

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Day 8 - Friday, May 17th

This was an exciting day. We got to enjoy a Star Wars weekend at HS for the first time (and apparently last). We got up really early and headed to the park because Brian wanted to get Jeremy Bulloch's (Boba Fett) autograph. Unfortunately, they were already gone when we got there :(. However, later in the day when he was standing in line to meet another character he got the chance to shake Jeremy's hand so that was cool.

We never thought about Brian having Batman on his t-shirt until Darth Vader made fun of him...lol.

Brian wanted to get a picture with Boba Fett but just when he got to the front of the line Jango took Boba's place.

I don't think Brian trusted Jango Fett ;).

I was too intimidated to get my picture taken with any of the characters and now I regret it :(. But I did enjoy taking pictures of them all weekend.

After meeting a few characters we decided to find a seat for the parade. We ended up with a great view. Late comers kept trying to squeeze in beside us but the other people all around us wouldn't let them. Sorry but we waited over an hour in the hot sun for this view.

2 geeks waiting patiently for the parade to start :cool:.

Next up....the Star Wars weekend parade :D. (We felt it was worth the wait.)

Last edited:

pajammies

Thank you for the link to your older TR, I love reading TR's and your pictures are great. What kind of camera are you using?
Btw, I can see why you wouldn't want your picture taken with some of the Star Wars characters, a little creepy if you ask me. Lol, I know that's not what you meant but I'm not a SW fan, so I just look at some of them and go eeewww! No thanks, I'll take my picture with a cuddly looking thing, thank you.

FlaggNL

Wow an oldie! Thanks for sharing! Finnaly found time to catch up a little! Pictures are more than great! Ans so jealous! You were there during SW weekends :) And btw love the Timo picture! Looks like he has an earring :) Following along!

Beastly74

Original Poster
Thank you for the link to your older TR, I love reading TR's and your pictures are great. What kind of camera are you using?
Btw, I can see why you wouldn't want your picture taken with some of the Star Wars characters, a little creepy if you ask me. Lol, I know that's not what you meant but I'm not a SW fan, so I just look at some of them and go eeewww! No thanks, I'll take my picture with a cuddly looking thing, thank you.

Thanks so much :). We have 2 cameras - An Olympus which is a little point and shoot and actually works pretty good except at night and we have a Nikon Coolpix P500. We are looking at getting a new one for Christmas because our little has been acting up since our last trip.
Brian is a bigger fan of Star Wars than I am but I still enjoy it. I was more intimidated by the characters because I am very shy...lol.

Beastly74

Original Poster
Wow an oldie! Thanks for sharing! Finnaly found time to catch up a little! Pictures are more than great! Ans so jealous! You were there during SW weekends :) And btw love the Timo picture! Looks like he has an earring :) Following along!

Yes, I decided to post this one because I was missing Disney World :(. I had already organized my pictures and written out a draft trip report for this one back in 2013 but I was too scared to post it...lol. I am glad we had the opportunity to experience a Star Wars week-end and we were hoping to attend one next year but unfortunately they have been cancelled. We are looking forward to the new Star Wars land in HS. It looks like it will be amazing :happy:.
Thanks for reading. I have been following along with your trip report too. It looks like you and your family had a great time.

Beastly74

Original Poster
After sitting in the hot sun for too long we went on the Great Movie ride. Then Brian took off to go shopping at Darth Mall and I enjoyed the Beauty and the Beast musical.

When we met back up we braved TOT for the 1st time. We loved it!

Next up we went on the Backlot Tour...

The poor volunteer :eek:.

We thought Catastrophe Canyon was a cool experience.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
We enjoyed watching all of the Star Wars characters wandering around :geek:.

I agonized over getting my picture taken with the Storm Trooper but I chickened out again :(.

Next it was time for TSMM and then we went to check out the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area. I would have loved this as a kid...wait who am I kidding...I loved it as an adult.

:p

After we stopped at Backlot Express for dinner.

Brian loved his cupcake ;).

Once our tummy's were full we took a ride on Star Tours.

Then it was time for to use our fastpasses for RNRC...

I look stressed but not as much as that poor lady in the front :D.

Finally it was time for Hyperspace Hoopla. I wish I was not vertically challenged. I had a hard time seeing the show so we tried again the next day.

We finished off the night enjoying Fantasmic. Sorry no pictures...we just sat back and soaked up the Disney magic :joyfull:.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Day 9, Saturday May 18th

We slept in this day and then we headed back to HS to enjoy some more of the Star Wars weekend. Brian was anxious to try and get his picture taken with Boba Fett . When he was waiting in line the CM cut it off right before he got to the front again but 2 awesome ladies that we had been talking with convinced the CM to let Brian meet Boba because they told him the same thing had happened to my husband the day before. Thanks ladies!

Once that was checked off the to do list Brian went off shopping at Darth Mall and I decided to just sit and relax and people watch :happy:.

We met back up and decided to enjoy the Muppet show then it was time for another spin on Star Tours.

We can never get a good picture of these 2 :(.

After we stopped for lunch at Pizza Planet and then Brian wandered around and enjoyed the Star wars experience while I watched Voyage of the Little Mermaid. We decided to do a little more shopping down Sunset Blvd and before we knew it we had to find a good spot for the Hyperspace Hoopla. My view was better this time until a father in front of me put his daughter on his shoulders and blocked my view and the view of others behind me :(. Brian got some decent pictures but I saw very little again.

After the show we were off to Downtown Disney again for dinner. Can you guess where we went? ;)

Brian loves his salmon :joyfull:.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Day 10 - Saturday, May 19th

We decided to visit the Magic Kingdom today and I have to confess to a very foolish newbie mistake. You may have noticed that throughout the report I mentioned that my feet hurt. Well I had made the mistake of wearing relatively new shoes during our 1st few days and I paid the price with blisters on the bottom of my feet :cry:. So this morning we started with a stop at the 1st aid station so I could get some more band-aids.

Once my feet were taken care of we took the train to BOG for lunch.

I would love to have all of these pictures!

What a face!

Happy face :happy:.

Sad face...lunch was over but there was still much more to do...

We shopped a little and then went on the Winnie the Pooh ride and watched Mickey's PhilharMagic. Then it was time to return to HS for the last day of the Star Wars week-end.

Someone was excited...lol.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
As soon as we arrived at HS Brian ran off to go shopping at Darth Mall again while I enjoyed another Beauty and the Beast show.

After the show we met up again and decided to browse through the shops and wander around HS. It was nice just to relax and enjoy the time there. Then it was time once again for the coolest and corniest show in the park...Hyperspace Hoopla. Third time is a charm :D. We found a close spot off to the left of the stage more than an hour before the show and I was eagerly anticipating having an unobstructed view. Just before the show was about to start Brian overheard a kid just a few feet behind us complaining she could not see so he turned around and told her father that she could stand in front of him. They happily accepted his offer and sent her and 2 other kids to stand in front of us :(. Wait...what...where...grrr. Now this would not have been an issue except it turned out that all 3 kids were actually as tall as me! So my unobstructed view that we waited over an hour for was partially blocked by 3 hyper giggling girls. I was not impressed :grumpy:.

It's a trap!

Once the show was over we were not tired and Mk had EMH's so that was were we headed. We enjoyed a late dinner at Cosmic Rays and then took a spin on Tomorrowland Speedway, Space Mountain, Astro Orbiter, Peter Pan and lastly Haunted Mansion.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Here are a few videos that Brian took of Hyperspace Hoopla. It was a really fun show...at least what I got to see of it :hilarious:.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom