Pre-Trip 2 Broke Guys (and a dog!) and $200 French Fries?! multiple short trips

Who:

Tony:

Wait, a little more recent, please (but remember the blue tufted sofa for later.)

"Hidden Mickey" ears behind me? It's actually a wall mural with ocean waves.

Brian:

That picture of him is 8 years old, but still adorbs.

...and sometimes Kylie:

60 pounds of German Shepherd/Chow Chow love & anxiety. She is as old as that picture of Brian, and also adorbs!

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Does this mean that when Margaritaville opens outside Disney, that you and Brian will have a discounted or free place to stay?;) Congrats to Brian by the way on his great new job!:)

Ha! That place is going to be huge, and apparently include senior housing.

It would be discounted and they do take pets. It’s not as close to WDW as other offsite places we stay (I don’t think) and probably would still cost more, even discounted.

However, who knows if he will end up transferred up there at some point. I would consider moving up there only because I’m afraid our property values will suddenly drop to zero if erosion and sea level rise continue. All it’s going to take is one bank refusing to write mortgages down here, and we’re all “sunk.” Although I’d hate to leave/try to move my two stores. And on that note...

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
While I was enjoying the best calamari ever, this got installed at our new, second location:

0CCBF1E8-F9B2-45B8-8AD9-41AA4A28D9E5.jpeg

This made me so happy. We “soft opened” the day after Thanksgiving after only six weeks of setting up. Our official Grand Opening was March 9/10/11 and was mind blowing how many people came. The new store was instantly busier than the old, and that has held, while the old continues to increase sales simultaneously. We are very blessed, fortunate, and grateful in this regard. It’s been well received by the local community. A few more shameless plug pics:

2612BADE-1C8F-4C79-955B-F25F63F6CC4C.jpeg
A4352E2D-C5E6-4F5A-895D-EBE8E2337E18.jpeg
0F0360C4-AF08-4069-A0BC-2B6ACBAF951A.jpeg

Yes, there is an upstairs loft area with a DJ booth, a chill out lounge, and of course, more vinyl.

62D326E1-0C16-4647-A50F-1675E19F36C0.jpeg

Back in October, it looked like this:

777647AD-D45D-4C86-AC90-888FE19152E1.jpeg

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Another little detour, and then I promise I’ll begin our recent short trip/bachelor party/Tuvalu sighting/$200 F****** French fries.

Just saw Lion King II on TV for the first time. Pleasantly surprised it held my attention and did not suck. Wasn’t that direct to DVD? 📀

Also, just created a separate post about this, but Directv has rivers of light and happily ever after on demand right now. I never saw that before on TV. 📺

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
OK...what type of Server offer the Manager of the Hotel on duty a wine pairing and forgets??? Yes busy Valentine's Day but who forgets Management sitting there???:cyclops:

I'm going to have to try the jambalaya at Margaritaville. I love good jamba and so loved it at the then Port Orleans table service Bonfamille’s Café, that was lost when Disney combo'd the resorts after 9/11 and only Boat remains at POR. Boat has it but it certainly is not the original from the original PO Resort of yesteryear. I was so disappointed by the Jambalaya at Chicago Navy Pier last month at the famed Bubba Gump as their is a Margaritaville on the Pier also. :hungry:

Where is the Margaritaville going to be built outside WDW??? Or near what part of WDW?

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
OK...what type of Server offer the Manager of the Hotel on duty a wine pairing and forgets??? Yes busy Valentine's Day but who forgets Management sitting there???:cyclops:

I'm going to have to try the jambalaya at Margaritaville. I love good jamba and so loved it at the then Port Orleans table service Bonfamille’s Café, that was lost when Disney combo'd the resorts after 9/11 and only Boat remains at POR. Boat has it but it certainly is not the original from the original PO Resort of yesteryear. I was so disappointed by the Jambalaya at Chicago Navy Pier last month at the famed Bubba Gump as their is a Margaritaville on the Pier also. :hungry:

Where is the Margaritaville going to be built outside WDW??? Or near what part of WDW?

Right? How do you forget the wine for anybody?

I’ve had (years ago) either a jambalaya or an etoufee at Boatwright’s and it was so spicy (but not well flavored) that I couldn’t enjoy it. I think we’ve only eaten there twice (once while staying at POR) and no hurry to go back. It’s not a disaster, but there are better options.

Re: Mville, Orlando - we passed by it on 192 right after the curfew was lifted after Irma. It had to be at least 5 miles from Disney. Not too bad, but sometimes on 192, that can take awhile vs. Osceola parkway, for example.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Your Kylie thinks she's a cat, my Indy thinks she's a dog (brings me a ball to throw and follows me around from room to room).

Your Indy and my Scooter. He loved to play fetch and would bring cat toys to be thrown endlessly. He passed last summer at 17.

Note to all of you Irish Cream fans—I’ve met the cows who provide the milk for Bailey’s. The distillery (?) has an exclusive contract with the farm that my uncle manages. It’s part of a monastery. So, holy milk. :joyfull:

Tony, store #2 turned out awesome!!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Right? How do you forget the wine for anybody?

I’ve had (years ago) either a jambalaya or an etoufee at Boatwright’s and it was so spicy (but not well flavored) that I couldn’t enjoy it. I think we’ve only eaten there twice (once while staying at POR) and no hurry to go back. It’s not a disaster, but there are better options.

Re: Mville, Orlando - we passed by it on 192 right after the curfew was lifted after Irma. It had to be at least 5 miles from Disney. Not too bad, but sometimes on 192, that can take awhile vs. Osceola parkway, for example.

Yep, the wine should come first, you'd think. We have stayed at POR more than anywhere since '92, we grand opened it. Bonfamillie was above and beyond excellent, Boatwright we avoid if possible. Bonfamillie is still at the FQ even though it is pretty sealed off. They did open up a portion of it while refurbishing the FQ QS. They could bring it back but it would only be as good as the chef they bring in. Giving the struggling menus even at some of the Signature restaurants its not a given reopening it would be good.

Thanks for the Mville area. Still can't believe I missed you being at WDW for Irma while we were there. :facepalm: We also left the Wilderness for the monorail hop via Uber as soon as the curfew was lifted.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
While I was enjoying the best calamari ever, this got installed at our new, second location:

View attachment 276495

This made me so happy. We “soft opened” the day after Thanksgiving after only six weeks of setting up. Our official Grand Opening was March 9/10/11 and was mind blowing how many people came. The new store was instantly busier than the old, and that has held, while the old continues to increase sales simultaneously. We are very blessed, fortunate, and grateful in this regard. It’s been well received by the local community. A few more shameless plug pics:

View attachment 276496View attachment 276497View attachment 276498

Yes, there is an upstairs loft area with a DJ booth, a chill out lounge, and of course, more vinyl.

View attachment 276499

View attachment 276500

AMAZING!! :happy: That store rocks!

MySmallWorldof4

View attachment 276495

View attachment 276496View attachment 276497View attachment 276498

View attachment 276499

View attachment 276500
Amazing how actual records have made a comeback. Was just talking about this the other day with a friend. Her 14 year old asked for a record player for Christmas and only will listen to music now on that. I have some of those albums in your display cases.(As CD's, not vinyl though.) Congratulations on your success, and I hope things continue to look up for you and Brian.:)

MySmallWorldof4

https://www.margaritavilleresortorl...2.1865289695.1523273670-1812961975.1523273670

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Where was your dog while you guys when out to the restaurant to eat?

She is a little anxious, so we don't typically leave her alone in a hotel room. Sometimes, after she's been there a day or two, we can leave her to go get hotel breakfast or something and come right back. If we stay somewhere for several days, we can leave her a little longer, because she gets comfortable and knows we're coming back. Often, on the first day, I'll intentionally leave to go walk around the hallway and come right back, so she realizes I will come back.

So in this case, even though dogs are allowed, I didn't bring her the first night (fancy dinner night.) We only live 20-30 minutes away, so I left her home when I went to meet Brian around 7PM. Sometime after midnight or so, I went home. I brought her back early the next morning, and we mostly stayed in the room (hence ordering room service a few times.) And of course we went out exploring, visiting, seeing Brian's office, etc.

I'm gonna say it - everybody loves Kylie. :inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom