Trip Report 2 Broke Guys & A Dog get Ft Wilderness Cabin Fever (but not COVID-19!)

Yes, yes, it's been awhile. Yes, I'm still sitting on all of our 2019 trip reports. (Great stuff happened - take my word for it!) It will be fun to write those (eventually) because they are from a world before this world we couldn't have imagined at the time - so many WDWmagic meet & greets without masks or elbow bumps. I'll get to writing those eventually, but it's a big commitment of time, and I don't have so much of that lately. (That means - sigh of relief - business is good. It also means when business was bad/closed in the Spring, I worked more than ever and had even less time! If I was Waiting To Exhale, this little WDW trip I'm about to detail was that wonderful and much needed expulsion of a very deep breath.)

Who:

Me: Tony (bad pic in avatar. Will replace with a pic from this trip when done.)

Husband: Brian (I'm sure he'll love this candid shot.)
Brian Disney.JPG

Dog: Kylie. (Fresh pic just for this TR, posed about 30 seconds ago. 58 pounds of German Shepherd/Chow Chowness.)
Kylie.jpg

Where: Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Cabins (first time staying here! Booked last year but changed before going. Yes, they take pets!)

When: September 29-ish to October 2.

Why: hey, it's my day off, I can type whatever I want! Warning: it's short - really short - although if you know us, you know most of our trips are about that short. This time, it's a lot less jam-packed. But I'm telling ya, this trip was just what the doctor ordered.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Your quick TR was very enjoyable, and thank you for sharing the photos and observations. Really glad you were able to find a few available days for a getaway, considering all the other activities going on in both of your lives. (Plus, I always love it when Kylie also gets to go on "vacation" too! :joyfull: Yes, Kylie also needs a break from her "routine". ;) )

Just a note about the dessert menu you shared -- nothing at all sugar free? (Even if they had a line at the bottom of the menu that indicated something like, "Sugar free dessert available / please ask server.") I just can't imagine this oversight, considering conditions (such as diabetes, for example) are not all that uncommon.
You can always ask for something, and they’ll usually bring a bowl of berries with fresh (unsweetened) whipped cream. That’s nice, but it’s not low sugar (just no sugar added) so we rarely bother with it - especially when there are really good and sometimes creative options on other menus there. That’s typically a deciding factor in which restaurant we (I, LOL) choose, but couldn’t work it in this time.
But I will not hold my breath.
That’s probably a good idea!

I’m kind of in the zone now - but taxes are due in 4 days, we have a store event in 13 days...and, sadly...weird to talk about this here, but it’s reality: they were supposed to do this last night, now today, they are deactivating Dad’s pacemaker. Hospice is at the house. The last 24 hours have been heartbreaking and hard, and I don’t know how B is doing it. I left at 1AM, he stayed all night, it was brutal.

This is exactly why we took this break when we did. But we didn’t expect things to unfold the way they are.

This TR has been a great distraction. Thanks, you guys.

DisneyGigi

You can always ask for something, and they’ll usually bring a bowl of berries with fresh (unsweetened) whipped cream. That’s nice, but it’s not low sugar (just no sugar added) so we rarely bother with it - especially when there are really good and sometimes creative options on other menus there. That’s typically a deciding factor in which restaurant we (I, LOL) choose, but couldn’t work it in this time.

That’s probably a good idea!

I’m kind of in the zone now - but taxes are due in 4 days, we have a store event in 13 days...and, sadly...weird to talk about this here, but it’s reality: they were supposed to do this last night, now today, they are deactivating Dad’s pacemaker. Hospice is at the house. The last 24 hours have been heartbreaking and hard, and I don’t know how B is doing it. I left at 1AM, he stayed all night, it was brutal.

This is exactly why we took this break when we did. But we didn’t expect things to unfold the way they are.

This TR has been a great distraction. Thanks, you guys.
I am so sorry to hear this Tony. Sending much love and hugs to you guys right now. 😘

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom