2 Beach Club Resort Questions.

steamboat wil

Hello friends. We have a trip booked to BC this summer and was wondering two things:
1. Are the sleeper queen beds in the villas comfortable for adults?
2. When you are using this resort are you more apt to use the bus transportation to MK or walk through Epcot and use the monorail?

Thanks for all of your input.:wave:

Rob562

My friend wasn't feeling well for a couple days while we were there and decided to sleep on the sofabed in the living room rather than share the king bed. He said it was pretty comfortable, among the most-comfortable sofabeds he's ever been on.

Unless you really want to take the scenic route, take the bus to the MK. Walking it'll take you at least 20 minutes to get to the Epcot monorail station, and then you have two monorail rides to get to the MK. In that time, the every-20-minutes bus to the MK will have come and you're on your way (with probably a stop at the Boardwalk)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I find the DVC sofa beds to be pretty comfortable. Unlike a lot of pull out beds you don't get that awkward bar in your back or the downward slope. The mattresses on the beds are firm though, so if you like a soft mattress then you might have an issue.

Definitely take the bus. In the time it would take you to walk to the monorail you can already be at MK.

Upvote 0

copcarguyp71

I have to agree for speed sake then buses are the way to go. But it is worth saying too that if you get up early enough and walk through Epcot and then Monorail it to the MK that is a very nice time of day for a stroll through Epcot. We did this on our stay at BC four years ago and it was really nice walking through UK, Canada and then cutting over by The Land first thing in the morning before any crowds and while the grass was still wet and fresh. Sounds corny but we really enjoyed seeing that side of the park.

Upvote 0

MCRRBA

The sofa beds are very comfortable. I am 6'4" and they worked for me. We went from MK to Epcot and walked back to our room once, but agreed that it was a longer process than taking the bus. As others have pointed out you already walk Kilometers when you are in the parks so the bus is a better alternative.

Upvote 0

jim1051

I've never slept on sleeper sofa, since I pay the bill I get the master BR HAHA

We always take the bus to MK, unless we happen to be in epcot first for something else like a meal of EMH

Upvote 0

Annielkd

I think that most of the sleeper sofas might be fine... the one I had wasn't that comfortable. I only slept on it once and I didn't like it. BUT, I am very spoiled at home. I can tell you it wasn't as good as the bed in the room. We always took the busses.

Upvote 0

Sharkreef11

I would say the sleeper sofa is just fine. It's not the greatest, but it isn't that bad either. I have used it plenty of times and I have no problem with it.

A couple things with the monorail... It depends. If you have no need to go into Epcot at all then i'd say use the bus. But if you wanted to say check out a few things, maybe grab fastpasses for soarin if it's a later return window, grab something to eat then it would make most sense to utilize the monorail. Or if you just love the monorail so much and enjoy riding it, then a little extra walking doesn't hurt. :wave:

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

The buses would be my suggestion. You can take the scenic route, but one obvious issue is rope drop at the MK. Unless Epcot is doing EMH, and you hit every monorail perfectly, you won't be at MK til after rope drop.

Upvote 0

fractal

1) sleeper sofa is comfy.

2) We actually races our kids one night. They took the bus we did the "thru Epcot to the Monorail". They beat us by a good margin.

Upvote 0

Boomdog15

1) sleeper sofa is comfy.

2) We actually races our kids one night. They took the bus we did the "thru Epcot to the Monorail". They beat us by a good margin.

1. Our 16 year old daughter slept on the sofa last year and did not complain.

2. Depending on what time you are leaving, the wait for the bus may be 1-20 minutes. Monorail is way more scenic.

We will be back there in less than one week! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Don't take the monorail unless a: there's something you want to see or do in Epcot first before going to MK, which is closer to the main entrance than the International Gateway, OR b: you really want to take the ride on the monorail. The odds of it being a longer trip than the bus is practically a guarantee. If you're a speed demon, can zip through Epcot in no time and immediately hop on the monorail to MK and immediately hop on a monorail from there to MK, then MAYBE it'll be a quicker trip.

Upvote 0

DisDadWoz

Sofa beds are what they are. Not as comfy as the real bed in the room, but more comfy than most pull outs. I know, not very specific.

Buses may be faster, but when we stay at BCV 99% of the time we take the monorail as it's nicer to take a stoll through epcot than sit and wait for the bus and the stops they make. Depending on how long you stay, try one on one day and the other on another day to see what you really want to do.

Upvote 0

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
When we stay at BC or YC we usually take the monorail. It is a nice walk, especially early in the morning. It's nice to walk thru the countries while there's nobody around. We also walk to Hollywood Studios from the resorts if theres no boat in sight. I lime what DisDadWoz said. Just try both and see which way works best for you!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom