1986 Blue Sky Park - Harbortown U.S.A. Brainstorm

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
These ideas are progressing really nice! When you guys have the shop locations more defined, could somebody post a updated map of the land? Thanks.
Yeah, I can do an updated map and get a bit more of a layout worked out either later tonight or tomorrow morning!

@spacemt354 @Pufflefan we only have the three restaurants, right? Any preferences where they go?

Anyone else have more preference for where they want to put things?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Yeah, I can do an updated map and get a bit more of a layout worked out either later tonight or tomorrow morning!

@spacemt354 @Pufflefan we only have the three restaurants, right? Any preferences where they go?

Both of mine I think would fit best in the historical district (Back Bay Square)

pix

My coffee shop is next to your bookstore/library/entrance thing, the ride exit shop obviously at or near the exit of the lighthouse, and then my pin+ shop can go on either side depending on where we need space filled in. (if I could get a heads up on which side before too long that would be great)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
My coffee shop is next to your bookstore/library/entrance thing, the ride exit shop obviously at or near the exit of the lighthouse, and then my pin+ shop can go on either side depending on where we need space filled in. (if I could get a heads up on which side before too long that would be great)
I'm pretty sure spooky side. With the Emporium, the theater, 2 restaurants, and the holiday store, the history side is pretty full I think

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
1600796423682.png

I think I got everything here and in a layout that makes sense

@Mickeynerd17 feel free to take some freedom here. Swap stuff around or re-position stuff if ya like

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Awesome! Thanks so much!

I might not have enough time to build it all, but I'll do my best with what I can get done.
Honestly I think you should focus on the Port Voyage Minecraft - if you have time sure but we have Planet Coaster images and a full map by Pi - to add Minecraft on top of that I just think while admirable might not get as much attention given the other visuals

Whereas Minecraft for Port Voyage will

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Adding this to the website now

Tri-Corner Chapeau

th905_copy_2400x.jpg

No entrance land is complete without a store dedicated to Mickey Ears and other fantastic hats and headwear. The floorplan for the shop is shaped like a triangle, inspired by Tricorne Hats which were a very popular look back during the Revolutionary War and have historical significance to the Boston area. The store is themed to an old hatmaker's shop with the walls being filled with fabric, leather, needles, thread, and old timey tools of the trade. Beyond just buying new hats, guests can take their Mickey Ears here to have them embroidered!​

pix

Ghost ship bottle .jpg

Cat's Eye Trinkets & Treasures:

Located at the exit for The Haunted Lighthouse, Cat's Eye Trinkets & Treasures sells a variety of wares from cursed treasure, to Lighthouse souvenirs, to nautical necessities. The shop is shaped like a glass bottle (with guests entering off the ride from the mouth of the bottle) tinged with the scent of sea and storm. The walls are lined with weathered ropes and nets, seaweed and barnacles, as well as pieces of the cursed treasure that Captain Eli lost everything to find. Some say if you listen closely past the sounds of the storm and foghorn you can still hear Captain Eli's voice cry out that lost treasure always comes wit a curse.

Mickeynerd17

Honestly I think you should focus on the Port Voyage Minecraft - if you have time sure but we have Planet Coaster images and a full map by Pi - to add Minecraft on top of that I just think while admirable might not get as much attention given the other visuals

Whereas Minecraft for Port Voyage will
I understand, I'm just doing this mainly to see what the whole park would look like (if I actually get through most of the competition).

With that said, I am glad your making Planet Coaster models too, because of the different opinions of the designer in each model.

So, I'm going to definetly work on Port Voyage and the castle, but I'll also work on HarbourTown too, as time permits.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I understand, I'm just doing this mainly to see what the whole park would look like (if I actually get through most of the competition).

With that said, I am glad your making Planet Coaster models too, because of the different opinions of the designer in each model.

So, I'm going to definetly work on Port Voyage and the castle, but I'll also work on HarbourTown too, as time permits.
I know - appreciate all the work you've put into it! I just want to make sure your work is on display as a centerpiece rather than simply an additional visual, especially since Minecraft is a lot of work. I also want to ensure that you have enough stamina to continue through the competition in order to try other things as well down the line.

In my first comp, and I'm sure many others can attest to the same thing, you get so excited to try to do too much and end up burning out quicker.

If you feel you can do it all by all means continue but just keep that in mind!

Mickeynerd17

I know - appreciate all the work you've put into it! I just want to make sure your work is on display as a centerpiece rather than simply an additional visual, especially since Minecraft is a lot of work. I also want to ensure that you have enough stamina to continue through the competition in order to try other things as well down the line.

In my first comp, and I'm sure many others can attest to the same thing, you get so excited to try to do too much and end up burning out quicker.

If you feel you can do it all by all means continue but just keep that in mind!
Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom