1986: An Imagineering Competition - Hub Thread

NigelChanning

He's already been banned.
E4C9DDC9-C15A-4AB4-8132-5F5F0A82D7FE.gif

Mickeynerd17

Now that I have more time on my hands, I'm documenting the transformation of my Horizons tribute!

Come check it out here if your interested!

Mickeynerd17

I feel like I need to give a final statement:

Thank you. It's truly been an honor. I've explored a wild world of Imagineering ideas and people. The last few months have been some of the most stressful in my life as I juggled 7 online classes, my Minecraft project, this Competition, and my sanity. I couldn't have done all this without all of your support, which I have taken way too much for granted.

I always thought I might have a talent for Imagineering, but I didn't really think that would be the case since I usually have to work my tail off on everything I do to mabye be successful.

I just found out that both are true. I do have a talent, and it's hard work to do it, but when is anything worth doing not hard? My mind and abilities have expanded and reached to new heights. (I can actually draw!) And I've meet some epic people along the way. Hopefully I made a meaningful dent in Blue Sky Disneyland that will be noticed by somebody! 🤣

This may be the end for now, but I can't wait to get back into it again once Sorcerer's Apprentice starts up!

Thanks for the fun, the memories, the experience, and especially the work of the Judges who have spent so much time watching the threads, writing out the prompts, giving wonderful feedback, and overall been supportive of the cast!

Best of luck to the Top 5, and I can't wait to work with you all again soon!

THANK YOU!

alrighty, time to binge-watch Hoot and Chief randomly climbing through the sets of Horizons all over again!

TheOriginalTiki

I feel like I need to give a final statement:

Thank you. It's truly been an honor. I've explored a wild world of Imagineering ideas and people. The last few months have been some of the most stressful in my life as I juggled 7 online classes, my Minecraft project, this Competition, and my sanity. I couldn't have done all this without all of your support, which I have taken way too much for granted.

I always thought I might have a talent for Imagineering, but I didn't really think that would be the case since I usually have to work my tail off on everything I do to mabye be successful.

I just found out that both are true. I do have a talent, and it's hard work to do it, but when is anything worth doing not hard? My mind and abilities have expanded and reached to new heights. (I can actually draw!) And I've meet some epic people along the way. Hopefully I made a meaningful dent in Blue Sky Disneyland that will be noticed by somebody! 🤣

This may be the end for now, but I can't wait to get back into it again once Sorcerer's Apprentice starts up!

Thanks for the fun, the memories, the experience, and especially the work of the Judges who have spent so much time watching the threads, writing out the prompts, giving wonderful feedback, and overall been supportive of the cast!

Best of luck to the Top 5, and I can't wait to work with you all again soon!

THANK YOU!

alrighty, time to binge-watch Hoot and Chief randomly climbing through the sets of Horizons all over again!
This. This right here. This is EXACTLY why I as a 30 year old dinosaur keep plugging away at these competitions. At the end of the day, they're such a damn good outlet for people to express their creativity. I'm honestly super humbled by just how well both my games have gone this year. I've said it before, I'll say it again...in 2019, I literally had the mentality that SYWTBAI was simply a cool little niche hobby that would probably never be relevant in my life again. This year has absolutely re-lit the fire to keep plugging away and keep doing what I'm doing. Even if I'm never going to make a profit off of any of it, it's a hell of a good feeling knowing I'm creating something so many people can latch on to and get so engaged with.

Mickeynerd17

This. This right here. This is EXACTLY why I as a 30 year old dinosaur keep plugging away at these competitions. At the end of the day, they're such a damn good outlet for people to express their creativity. I'm honestly super humbled by just how well both my games have gone this year. I've said it before, I'll say it again...in 2019, I literally had the mentality that SYWTBAI was simply a cool little niche hobby that would probably never be relevant in my life again. This year has absolutely re-lit the fire to keep plugging away and keep doing what I'm doing. Even if I'm never going to make a profit off of any of it, it's a hell of a good feeling knowing I'm creating something so many people can latch on to and get so engaged with.
Its truly a magical thing, isn't it?

I understand that. I've had comments in my Epcot map where people legit started to remember the old epcot and thanked me for it. It's really special to feel the love people get from something you created, and I'm glad to be apart of yours. 😃

TheOriginalTiki

Week Ten Power of Veto Challenge: Plus It Up
epic-mickey-500x374.jpg

Word has gotten around about how thematically connected the Blue Sky resort was designed as well as the many unique attractions located within it. As a result, they've looked to expand the presence of the park within the company. For this Power of Veto challenge the Houseguests are asked to come up with a movie, video game, or Disney+ series based on a component of either Blue Sky park.

This could be a stand-alone attraction or something themed to a specific land. The only thing I'd watch out for is not going too close into the territory of classic Disney attractions. Simple rule of thumb here: The more outside the box your pick is, the higher your creativity score will be. It's worth noting that this is the penultimate Veto of the competition.

Next week's Veto will absolutely be the most important project of the whole game to win. Good luck houseguests, your projects are due Saturday, November 28th at 3PM Eastern, noon Pacific.

Head of Household: @DashHaber
Nominated Houseguests: @NigelChanning09 @PerGron
Safe houseguests: @AceAstro @Outbound

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom