1986: An Imagineering Competition - Hub Thread

NigelChanning

The Mayor of Halloweentown

Near the Nightmare Before Christmas attraction is a corner where guests can meet the Mayor of Halloweentown daily! Once a day at around 1-3, the Mayor will ride from a backstage area out into the meet and greet spot in his car while announcing a town meeting!
0E6AF414-82E8-414B-8E31-E5DFB48B511F.jpeg

The Mayor parks his car and begins interacting with guests while inside his car. Inside of the car, in the backseat, is a cast member that controls the motions and responses of the Mayor. His mouth can move quiet fluently and he can move his arms up and down. He has over 60 different responses and can change to his sour expression within seconds. Be careful, though. You don’t want to see him in distress for long. It’s best to compliment him so he can return to his happy self!
64F744FC-C5A6-42DA-8342-D889D71B8F7B.jpeg

After interacting with guests, he drives back to Halloweentown to find Jack. On rare occasions, Jack and Sally will depart from their meet and greet and have some fun with the mayor!

Outbound

Seasons of Fantasy have meets and greets,
From Spring to Winter to Courtyard cobbled streets.
Another would be quite overdone,
But when has that stopped judges from their fun?

What project will Outbound attempt to do,
For something grand and new must be a brew.
Never tried once or more before,
Brand-new for extra creative score.

This project will surely complicate,
What should be a simple project date.
But good presentation is always key,
Especially if it ties to a tea.

I know! I know what I must do on it!
I will write a Shakespearean sonnet!

AceAstro

Seasons of Fantasy have meets and greets,
From Spring to Winter to Courtyard cobbled streets.
Another would be quite overdone,
But when has that stopped judges from their fun?

What project will Outbound attempt to do,
For something grand and new must be a brew.
Never tried once or more before,
Brand-new for extra creative score.

This project will surely complicate,
What should be a simple project date.
But good presentation is always key,
Especially if it ties to a tea.

I know! I know what I must do on it!
I will write a Shakespearean sonnet!
This is the Red Dead project all over again... ;)

D Hulk

Doug's Power of Veto

There is only one Disney character which has appeared in every single Disney film, from Steamboat Willie onward to Onward. Most people don’t even notice this character, who diligently works behind-the-scenes making everything magical. I’m talking of course about…

The Soundtrack!

6308159079_5ba79a4da1.jpg

MEET THE SOUNDTRACK
A meet and greet experience

Most will remember the Soundtrack from Fantasia’s intermission, where it made its one and only on-screen appearance for an interview with Deems Taylor. Appearing simply as a vertical white line and only able to speak through a cacophony of musical instruments, the Soundtrack nevertheless shone through with a winning personality and a puckish demeanor. Now guests get to have their very own meetings with this most retiring of Disney characters in Fantasy Seasons!

The Soundtrack lives in seclusion in an enchanted grotto on the far side of Garden of Seasons. Magic glowing streams flow from the grotto’s mossy limestone mouth, and trickle down a grassy knoll stepped with rocks and pathways. Blocky letters reading “Meet the Soundtrack” rise out from a large boulder near the entrance.

Since the Soundtrack likes to greet smaller groups, naturally a queue tends to form along the glen’s meandering trails. Guests waiting in line can play with an assortment of interactive plant life. In keeping with the area’s musical theme, these plants have magically taken the form of musical instruments: Toadstools are bongo drums, vines strung from arched tree roots sing like harps, and rows of leaves become piano keys. This allows impatient children and childish adults to produce their own improvised symphony while they wait.

grotto_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq1AT3Q7Sc9uaffdHBes0nLmtT0gK_6EfZT336f62EI5U.jpg

Eventually guests reach a watery lobby within the grotto caves. Cast member attendants, dressed to-the-nines like orchestra members, usher small groups of 16 through one of two doorways to greet the Soundtrack. (There are two Soundtrack meeting rooms, to help with guest throughput.)

The Soundtrack’s private cavern chamber includes a window opening on one side - this is actually a video screen where the Soundtrack will appear, though for now it is a rich deep blue. The accompanying cast member attendant will apologize to guests, explaining that the Soundtrack is very shy. The attendant asks all guests to call for their host, and after enough cajoling the Soundtrack will - very shyly - slide into view.

Meet the Soundtrack uses an interactive, live animation technology very similar to Turtle Talk with Crush. The Soundtrack appears as an animated line on the screen, who is able to engage guests with all manner of noises and shapes. A live musician hides in a control booth commanding the Soundtrack’s actions, playing a wide bevy of orchestral instruments on a high-tech synth machine. Pre-made sounds and animations help complete the effect, though the real joy of this meet and greet are the spontaneous interactions which occur.

Guests are invited to chat with the Soundtrack, to ask it questions or tell of their day...with a little encouragement from the attendant for hesitant guests. “How was your day?” “What do you think of London Spring?” “Who is your favorite Princess?” Whatever the question, the Soundtrack will create an aural response. The Soundtrack will play familiar Disney tunes when appropriate, or make noises in mocking imitation of speech, or even respond with a dismissive “Pfft!” sound when something is upsetting. The Soundtrack is especially fond of playing snippets from Vivaldi’s “Four Seasons,” since it’s such a fitting tune in Fantasy Seasons.

Groups of up to 16 people at a time are able to meet the Soundtrack. Each interaction lasts 3 minutes.

Brer Panther

BrerPanther's Power of Veto Project: A Flurry of Forest Friends
When challenged to create a meet-and-greet experience for our park's Fantasyland, I had some difficulty. What could I do? Some sort of meet-and-greet with Robin Hood characters in a fairground setting? A meet-and-greet with the residents of Halloween Town in the Autumn section? Finally, it occurred to me - people might go to a Disney park expecting to see characters from their favorite Disney movies, but when they come to the park they might also be introduced to new characters that they'd never seen before. First they see these wonderful characters on attractions, then they might run into them (in walk-around form) outside. Dreamfinder and Figment, a few of the Country Bears, Captain EO and his friends, and the Orange Bird are examples of this. Sometimes, the character doesn't even need an attraction to roam the park - Duffy the Disney Bear, Lucky the Dinosaur, and Push the Talking Trash Can immediately come to mind. Perhaps our Disney park needs a few Duffys of its own!

1602206765163.png

In between Arendelle and Holiday Village is a magnificent forest of snow-covered trees. It is here that guests can take a pause on their way to whatever attraction they want to go on next and spend some time to take in the sights... and run into some new friends. Polar bears, penguins, arctic foxes, musk oxen, arctic hares, caribou, moose, snowy owls, wolves, and walruses roam the forest, all of them dressed in winter apparel and looking as though they got their start in a Silly Symphonies cartoon. They'd love to give you a hug... or an autograph, if you'd prefer.

1602207534817.png

But that's not all! There are also two different kinds of snowmen around for meeting-and-greeting. You have your "regular" snowmen, sculpted from snow with eyes made of coal and arms made of sticks. They're a silly bunch, and often get into slapstick routines that'll sure to keep everyone in stitches. Each snowman dresses differently (one, for example, dons a pair of Mickey Mouse ears). The other type of snowmen are the abominable ones - otherwise known as the Yetis. Big, furry fellas hailing from the Himalayas, similar in appearance to the Abominable Snowman from Disneyland's Matterhorn but much goofier in appearance. They might look a bit scary at first, but these big gy beasts have equally-big hearts.

1602208047624.png

And when the holiday season comes along, the forest also serves as a home for Santa's reindeer - all nine of them. While similar in appearance, they can be told apart by their choice of attire (Dasher wears a plaid scarf, Donner wears a top hat and bow tie, Comet wears a vest, etc.). They like frolicking in the forest while Mr. Claus prepares for his yearly flight around the world.

1602207062251.png

Despite not being from a popular Disney film like Anna and Elsa or even Mickey Mouse, the furry and frosty fellows that greet guests in the snow-covered forest are bound to be instant favorites for those visiting the park. They continue the grand tradition of park-originating characters who manage to work their way into guests' hearts. And since we all know how much Disney loves merchandising sales, these characters would also make for great plush toys, too!

pix

Right outside Ride of the Pumpkin King is Fears and Photos: a meet and greet experience for Nightmare Before Christmas friends. Jack and Sally are a sought after pair of characters rarely seen in the parks. Fears and Photos allows guests to meet these two as well as some even rarer characters year round. Set up in a similar way to Pixie Hallow at Disneyland, Fears and Photos is a set of rooms connected that allows guests to move through and meet different characters in a rotation. Year round standards have Jack, Sally, Oogie Boogie, and the trick or treat trio of Lock, Shock, and Barrel.

Starting with Lock, Shock and Barrel these trick or treaters meet in a room decorated to look like their treehouse from the movie, complete with set pieces alluding to the various plans they had to Kidnap Sandy Claws like the black sack, the cage, and the exploding present box. The three rarely come out to visit together but guests can occasionally get lucky with all of them at the same time.

The second room holds Oogie Boogie with his wheel of misfortune as the main set piece. The room is covered in green and purple dice, accessories, and is lit with normal and blacklights.

The final room holds both Jack and Sally, sometimes together, sometimes alone, standing in front of the beautiful spiral hill, with the rest of the room holding headstones and jack-o-lanterns.

Die-hard fans will enjoy visiting around the holidays, where Lock, Shock, and Barrel get traded out with Sora, Donald, and Goofy from Kingdom Hearts in their Halloweentown costumes for Halloween, and their Christmastown costumes for Christmas. Christmas also changes Jack to meet in his Sandy Claws outfit and the Spiral Hill background gets a winter makeover with sparkly snow.

The most interesting part of this meet and greet experience is that it exits next to Disney's newest photo wall. The wall outside is painted in a diagonal split with one side being mostly black and white stripes with the occasional small pumpkin, while the other half shows off the pattern of Sally's dress. On the bottom corner is Zero's dog house. This wall is perfect for guests wanting the perfect instagram picture, those who don't want to wait in line for the characters, or those who want the full collection of Nightmare photos.

TheOriginalTiki

@AceAstro
21gr1.gif

giving Jack and Sally a permanent home was a really good idea to fit into the rest of the Autumn themed area, but given that the two of them are two of the most popular and iconic meet n' greet characters I can't exactly give you too many points for originality. The magic photo was a nice touch but it was still a rather obvious pick. Solid execution with some great ideas like adding Oogie into the mix at certain times of year, I just feel like others outdid you in the detail and originality departments. As the first one to turn something in though, it definitely fits the bill of what were looking for.

Creativity: 7/10
Realism: 10/10
Detail: 3/5
Total: 20/25

@NigelChanning09
3c8919a56a82740c90966b1941889a14.gif

this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about when it comes to character choice! The mayor is such a fun design with the split personality. I know for a fact @mickeyfan5534 is going to be all over this due to his love of free-roaming streetmosphere characters. While this didn't have as much detail as Ace's project, I still feel like you got the idea across really well. An overall inspired pick and incredibly fun concept.

Creativity: 10/10
Realism: 8/10
Detail: 3/10
Total: 21/25

@D Hindley
tumblr_mo05yrJtha1r76lino1_400.gif
Attach files
I honestly don't know what else to say. An absolute grand-slam and one of my single favorite concepts presented in the season so far. It's so distinctly "you" haha. Truly a ridiculously original idea implemented into the land flawlessly. The queue stuff is just the icing on the cake. Is this McDonalds? Because Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba, I'm Loving It!

Realism: 9/10
Detail: 5/5
Total: 24/25

@Brer Panther
ac7e86fd8c6a6953b686cc0e7b9a8900.gif

Alright, now THIS is a comeback project. THIS is you taking what you learned the first time around, getting the second chance, and running with it. I LOVE seeing stuff like that from players we bring back into the mix. This is just such a fun and quirky idea. I love that it doesn't lean on any one IP but still has familiar enough iconography. I'd absolutely KILL for a photo with Harold the Yeti. My one concern is realism given that there's a lot of different rotating characters going in and out of it, but I give you major kudos for pulling off something that's distinctly against the grain and really making it work.

Creativity: 9/10
Realism: 7/10

@pix
giphy.gif

Definitely didn't have anything to worry about in regards to repeating Ace's ideas. I think this built a lot on the really solid foundation set by him. Just to clarifify my previous comments about Jack and Sally...it's not that they're not rare, it's just that they're so sought after that they cease to be "original" in their own right, if that makes any sense. With that in mind, I love the little changes made here. A character trail makes SO MUCH SENSE for Nightmare. I love how well it flows together. Add in Sora, Donald, and Goofy...yep, definitely a "TAKE MY MONEY" moment haha. Yet another superb project this round.

Total: 22/25

Outbound

ShakesparreClipArt.png

Thou judge Mickeyfan says in his review,
Summer Festival lacks atmosphere.
I have set out to assist with this skew,
And give Summer-land more to see and hear.

Welcome all to the brilliant Globe Theatre,
Where Shakespeare held his most famous plays.
Located among the Summer cedar,
Sure to brighten up the passing guests' day.

The Globe Theatre sits on the edge,
Of Poppin's Spring and Robin-Hood's Summer.
Both English, they will surely allege,
That the Globe fits so well is a wonder.

But what exactly shall the Globe contain?
Why so special for Disney to obtain?

Untitled drawing (2).png

Welcome to the Globe Theatre, the newest addition to the Summer Festival at Disney's Seasons of Fantasy. In a park tied to literature, it is only fitting that perhaps the all-time greatest writer is represented within our park.

The slightly scaled-back Globe replica will arrive just at the point where Spring fades to Summer. William Shakespeare, as an author, created dozens of plays and stories, and each had their own distinct tone. For the purposes of Fantasyland's Summer Festival, the overall tone of the area surrounding the Globe will closely resemble the comedies of Shakespeare, rather than the tragedies.

b7fbaccc-6b5b-4d62-9e4f-b76a10a453d4-2999-london-shakespeare-globe-room-exhibit-and-tour-tickets-01.jpg

Before I go into further detail on Shakespeare: Behind the Curtain, I will briefly describe what else the Globe Theatre's inclusion will accomplish. When I started on this project, I thought it unrealistic for Disney to build such a structure merely to contain what is frankly a niche meet and greet facility. Instead, the Theatre's outside will contain a live show, Shakespeare Live!, which is really just a Kid-Friendly Drunk Shakespeare with strong audience interaction. Who needs grand sets and costumes when you can use your imagination?

1602224424324.png

I won't go too much into detail with the show because that's not the focus of the prompt. What I will say is the decision to put it outside the Globe is intended to increase the liveliness of the land, providing some additional street atmosphere to the Summer Festival. It will draw guests towards Summer while also firmly planting Shakespeare as a third property there (alongside Tangled and Robin Hood, both of which I think work well if we are discussing Shakespeare's comedies instead of tragedies).

Also present in the Globe? Bathrooms. Because I am just realizing now we have totally forgotten to explain how people go to the bathroom in our Blue Sky Park, lol. The bathrooms have an Elizabethan interior, although all portraits are actually cleverly disguised drawings of various Shakespeare characters, rather than historical figures.

Hatfield-House-Marble-Hall-via-Pinterest.jpg

BEHIND THE CURTAIN
Behind the Curtain is a special behind the scenes encounter with some of the most iconic characters in English literature. Here, you'll meet everyone from the scheming Iago, to the flamboyant Mercutio, to the illusive Viola... or even the glorious Bear.

1602224869422.png

Meet and greets are located at the amphitheater inside the Globe Theatre. This has been scaled down from the original but remains largely the same in structure (note: there are only two floors instead of three). Two Shakespearan characters will be present on stage at any given time, on opposite sides. Upon entering the queue line, guests are taken up a ramp to the second floor, where the path winds around the center stage, then down to orbit on the first story, before finally reaching the stage with the cast. The entire time guests can look down at the stage, at the same angles of the attendants during the days of Shakespeare.

From here, guests may walk up a few short steps to the stage to meet the characters and take pictures. Keep in mind, all areas with guests for an extended period are protected from rain in the image above, perfect for any sudden shifts in weather. In the event of extended rain, covers are drawn to protect the center pavilion (typically where pictures are taken).

Note: Shakespeare is within the public domain, so Disney will be able to use his likeness, works, and characters however they see fit for free.

CHARACTERS
Seasons of Fantasy already has four Meet and Greets facilities, so for the fifth something distinctly non-Disney was in order. This is why Shakespeare will work so well: the characters are iconic, but cannot be found elsewhere. Guests of all ages will appreciate this "Behind the Curtain": kids will like the cool costumes and funny language, the average adult will appreciate the strong themeing and great attention to Elizabethan language and decorum, and literature buffs will love to discuss these iconic plays and stories with such famous characters.

One important note. It is not expected for guests to know all of the characters, if not any. Each character will introduce themselves and briefly explain who they are, but not much else for how expressive they will act. This is the theatre, and therefore all actions are greatly dramatized. This experience must be accessible to all, not just Shakespeare fans.

c041bff2ff8c4efe2bfc3496b1e7c171.jpg

The following characters may be found within Behind the Curtain:

Hamlet (Hamlet)
Iago (Othello)
Lady Macbeth (Macbeth)
Mercutio (Romeo and Juliet)
Viola (Twelfth Night)
Lear (King Lear)
Ceasar (Julias Caesar)
Falstaff (Henry)
Three Witches (Macbeth)
Puck (A Midsummer Night’s Dream)
The Nurse (Romeo and Juliet)

And of course, the fan-favorite... The Bear (The Winters Tale) is a puppet that can be attached to the stage below, allowing for total control and interaction by the puppeteer. Will you be exiting, pursued by a bear?

1602217505616.png

Overall, Shakespeare: Behind the Curtain isn't your standard Princess meet and greet for Seasons of Fantasy -- that's all covered with Princess Plaza, Arendalle, and Bambi. Instead, it ties to the strong themes of literature already present in Charles Dicken's Holiday Village, while also giving the Summer Festival some added live entertainment. It is a place where you can interact with some of the most iconic characters in literature, and even if you haven't read the stories or seen the pop culture, you will be impressed by the liveliness of each actor, taking the eccentricity of their role and bringing it out tenfold to create a memorable experience for every guest.

But most importantly, Outbound had to write in Iambic Pentameter using Shakespearan Rhyme Scheme, and Outbound is now upset that it took so long to do properly. Outbound now has immense respect for Shakespeare for writing 154 sonnets and hopes to never write sonnets again.

Actually though, writing sonnets was kinda fun. Key word is kinda.

Last edited:

JokersWild

Hey, guys I plan on having a properly written review up soon, but I'm just having a hard time writing it. In the meantime, I just wanted to throw a few short thoughts out there.

All in all, I really love the ideas present here. The IPs you chose to work with were mostly unique and you were largely successful in realizing each aspect and making everything distinct from each other. The biggest problem that I see with this project is that I think that you guys went WAY too big. You've basically made a full park here, not a land. Each subland has either an e-ticket or a d/c ticket (more often both), its own restaurant and theme. I love everything here, but it's kind of unrealistic to have so many attractions and large areas in what should be a smaller plot of land. I think that Winter Mountain is the most egregious example. Again, I love rides/ restaurants/ shows/ whatever, but it's entirely unrealistic to have a full Winter Village subland next to an Arendelle subland when both of these sublands are actually sub-subland that are already a part of the subland to a full land, which in itself has its own hub and spokes layout inside a hub and spokes park, and now I have a headache.

Creatively, I think this is stronger than Harbortown, but I think that you guys should really start addressing the realism in future rounds. By all means go crazy, but at least try to stay grounded to some extent. You guys are trying to make a cohesive theme park after all.

JokersWild

I had a second wind after reading the other reviews:

First off, I love the idea of Seasons of Fantasy. It's a super unique idea and I absolutely applaud you for having a more abstract thematic approach. My only real concern with it is its' sheer size. The idea is great, but I worry that it would dwarf that other lands of the park, especially with this land having its own hub and spokes design. It's like a park with in a park. It just feels like too much to me. Not to discredit the work, of course; everything is fantastic and nothing felt unnecessary. It's not a deal breaker by any means, but I do think it's something that should have been addressed. Anyway, on to the sublands!

Castle Courtyard is a nice foreword to the rest of the land. I appreciate the ideas, but none of them stood out too much to me. Snow White's Castle Tour is a nice response to the Sleep Beauty Walkthrough, and stands as a nice epilogue to the film. Aside from a few small issues (pumping the smell of sewage might not be the best idea) it was definitely a solid contribution. The restaurants and shops were all very solid as well. All of the stores were very unique (I see that Magic the Gathering font) and what wasn't built upon its inspiration very well. While I'm not sure about a Renaissance-themed pizza restaurant standing next to a restaurant themed to medieval Germany, everything fit together pretty well and made for a nice, mostly-cohesive complex. Also, I'm splitting hairs, but calling the sword-making store "The Forgery" is probably not the best. Unless it was specifically making copies (or forgeries) of famous weapons from Disney films. All in all, this is a really great and effective extension of the castle grounds.

Gardens of Seasons is absolutely stunning. Fantastic balance of attractions. I'm very happy to see one smaller land that focuses more on a sense of place and a few solid c-ticket flatrides. I don't have a ton to say, but Fantasia is utilized extremely well, and the whole land sets the tone for the rest of the land extremely well.

London Spring is incredibly solid. The Mary Poppins ride is a lot of fun, and is a very solid update on the classic Fantasyland dark ride. I really enjoyed the Winnie the Pooh restaurant, but I worry about its size and menu. Is the entire restaurant inside the tree or is there outdoor seating? A tree seems kind of small to feasibly fit a restaurant inside unless its more a facade. Some more explanation of how the restaurant fits into the building would have been appreciated. The menu looks great to me personally, but I don't know how popular a restaurant that serves tea and British breakfast items all day would be. Mad Tea Party is great, and I appreciate you doing something different with it instead of having it be themed around tea. Though on that note, the restaurants might have been more effective if their themes were switched. Pooh would probably be more successful as a unique dessert CS while the Mad Tea Party would be more successful as a tea time table service. I really appreciate the Bambi additions. I'm not a huge fan of Bambi, but it's great to see such an underutilized film have a pretty substantial presence in a park. If only you could make the same thing happen with Chicken Little. Or Home on the Range. You still have Frontierland on the horizon. All in all, really great job.

Summer Festival is fun. I feel like you guys should have settled on one IP instead of two, especially since you gave each a pretty substantial ride. This also makes me worry about cohesion. A map definitely would have helped, but I worry about what having a Spanish Kingdom next to an English forest would look like. Other than that, both rides are a lot of fun, as is the 4D show. The tents are great, but they feel like an afterthought. I think that if you settled on one IP instead of trying to meld Tangled and Robin Hood into fitting under one theme, you would have been able to go bigger and made a more immersive, cohesive experience.

Fall Forest is very solid. The Nightmare Before Christmas ride is a lot of fun, and it’s great to see it get a proper attraction. If you guys wanted to try to blur the lines between the subland themes, NBC would have been a really great IP to blend Fall and Winter with. I like the cafe. The menu looks great. I was initially worried that it would be too thematically similar to Harbortown, but you guys were able to differentiate it very well. I’m kind of iffy on the Pocahontas ride. I know that it’s just a paragraph, but I don’t think that I’d want to ride an attraction where “Colors of the Wind” plays on loop and you get spit on by a raccoon. That’s just me though; I try not to kinkshame. In terms of technology, would a trackless ride system even be able to move a canoe consistently? I’ve never seen a long trackless ride vehicle before.

Winter Mountain is a mess. A really fun mess with great ideas, but a mess. Much like Summer Festival, you absolutely should have chosen one IP/ theme and ran with it instead of just doing both. Unlike Summer Festival, you did both ideas as best you could which, while fantastic, makes for the least realistic thing about this subland. This subland itself is probably the size of what this entire land should have been. Again, great ideas, I love everything that’s here; it just really needed to be reined in.

All in all, this is a really amazing, but horribly unrealistic project. I’ve already posted my opinions on the realism of the project so I’m not going to post it again, but realism is absolutely something that you guys should be trying to keep in the back of your collective mind. That being said, you should all be proud of the work you put into this project. Like I said in my last post, I think that this is creatively better than Harbortown. It’s just the lack of realism and cohesion in some parts that bogs this down.

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
Time for reviews! These were all outstanding. Some more obvious, others really out of the box ideas.

@AceAstro
Coming in with the obvious then? That said, Jack and Sally are fan favorites and being able to meet them year-round works wonderfully. Couple that with the surroundings and this certainly fits well. The Magic Shot when Jack and Sally aren't present is a very nice touch. There is nothing wrong with a simple M&G set up.
Creativity: 7/10
Total: 22/25

@NigelChanning09
The first out of left field one of the group! The Mayor is honestly a character I'm surprised hasn't been made yet despite being popular. I can see this being a super enjoyable M&G with the interactivity element and I just love that drive in to introduce the character. It adds a fun sense of grandiose to the character's entrance.
Detail: 4/5

@D Hindley
Meet the WHAT NOW? I did not expect anything like this when I talked about the prompt with Tiki. That said, the Turtle Talk-ish ness of it all is amazing and the queue is just gravy. I love that you brought in some of the subtle music elements of Seasons of Fantasy to the forefront and this is an outstanding inclusion to the Fantasia-inspired Gardens of Seasons. Since this area IS your baby, I wasn't shocked to see you expand it further but I didn't expect it to happen like this! I can wax poetic about how much I love this for a long time it's just marvelous.
Total: 25/25

@Brer Panther
This round has honestly been what we in the biz call a redemption arc for you. I hope to see you keep this up because I think you could run away with it all. The park original characters were a brilliant choice and add quite a bit of atmosphere to what could have been a boring transition area. Kudos.
Total: 23/25

@pix
It's certainly different from Ace's Jack and Sally M&G but... I think that the more elaborate approach coupled with the fact this is the third NBC M&G of this challenge and it's additionally more elaborate. Maybe it's all that coming together but this comes off as the least good (because it isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination) of the six projects. Additionally, no pictures make this just a block of text that is somewhat difficult to read. I love the inclusion of Sora, Donald, and Goofy during Halloween and Christmas though. That's a saving grace of this project all things considered.
Creativity: 8/10
Total: 20/25

@Outbound
Another out-of-left-field piece. You ran with my critique about the lack of atmosphere in Summer Festival. Idk how it is on realism but it certainly is quite the project. I love the literary tie in and the edutainment piece of it all. That said, despite the facility requirement of the prompt, I feel like these characters don't need some grand theatre to be call home. A simple stage where they can goof off with guests could have been just as effective. Overall, good job, but nits be picking.
Total: 23/25

spacemt354

Chili's
Was going to post some reviews as well at noon - but doubt it changes the final standings much.

@AceAstro - with so many M&Gs in the land I was surprised this wasn't one of them in the land - props for filling in that gap. It's in a way expected, but nonetheless a solid entry. Nice bonus with the effect and images!

Creativity - 8/10
Realism - 10/10
Detail - 5/5

@NigelChanning09 - again taking a page out of the Fall subland to include something Nightmare Before Christmas related. For me personally, I'm not a big fan of M&Gs in general, but I might make an exception for the Mayor. What an oddball M&G that would be!

Creativity - 9/10
Realism - 9/10
Detail - 3/5

@D Hindley - a bold choice here! Not only a M&G that fits the spiritual core of the land itself, but one that utilizes Turtle Talk tech to make it into its own mini-attraction.

Creativity - 10/10
Realism - 8/10
Detail - 4/5

@Brer Panther - Really impressed by this. Not only is it outside the box but it's also something that adds to the Winter section rather than simply being a complement to it.

Creativity - 10/10
Realism - 8/10
Detail - 5/5

@pix - Another Halloweentown entry though I can't say I blame y'all given the lay of the land. I do like the nuance to this M&G however, really like the different rooms and how its set up.

Creativity - 9/10
Realism - 9/10
Detail - 4/5

@Outbound - really going above and beyond here! Love the map and custom logo. Shakespeare was another bold choice but I think it fits very well in this land and is a stand-out M&G the likes of which wouldn't be seen elsewhere!

Creativity - 10/10
Realism - 9/10
Detail - 5/5

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom