1983 WDW Training-Culture Video/Donald's B-Day Parade

wedway71

Great video!!!!
I also liked the Cast Member Traditions video next to it too.

Some cool points.....

a- $18 one day pass-HOLY CRAP

b-JK Skipper was still allowed to shoot the hippos

c-and the Disney Traditions video-I wonder how many of the new hires are now Execs with the company?

MissM

Very cool. Only problem though is that Donald's 50th was in 1984, not '83. (It was my very first trip to WDW and I was there for the parade. The song has always stuck with me and it's become part of my family's lingo. I have pictures on my site from it actually.) It's fun to see video of the parade since it's hard to come by.
-m

blakesse06

:ROFLOL: Ha Ha I like the happy birthday song:ROFLOL:
:sohappy: :lol: :lookaroun happy birthday...happy birthday:lookaroun :lol: :sohappy:
LOL they should bring this back for epcots 25th.(hey why not):p. ok mabe not but...
On a serious note the old traning video was really cool and in all honesty not too much has changed over the years.

beachclubbasics

It just makes you wonder what Walt would think now of WDW. One of his desires was to have WDW and Dl affordable to everyone...oh well,that times has now passed...it is if you go MYW for 5+ days, but at $71.36 for an adult one day base ticket..that's not affordable to a major part of the populace (though neither is any other theme park these days). Makes you wonder why they just don't knock down all ticket prices rather than constantly run promotions/have discount coupons/etc.

LoriMistress

Original Poster
I was impressed with the $18 ticket for MK. And I enjoyed the Donald Duck song. Catchy and annoying...I like it.

disneytopdog

Great video, That video is a part of a video produced as a supplement to the book "In Search of Excellence" by Thomas J Peters & Robert H Waterman. As a first year Business major in the early 80's it was required reading and viewing. It focused on the best companies in American in the late 70's-early 80's. It was funny, when we had to break into study groups. Each group was given a different company profiled in the book to do a more indepth study of what made them "Excellent" I wanted on the "Disney Team" so bad. But I got stuck with Wal-mart.

tigger248

Very cool. Only problem though is that Donald's 50th was in 1984, not '83. (It was my very first trip to WDW and I was there for the parade. The song has always stuck with me and it's become part of my family's lingo. I have pictures on my site from it actually.) It's fun to see video of the parade since it's hard to come by.
-m

Ah...I loved that parade! My parents had it recorded from a Donald's Birthday special on the Disney Channel. I've since heard many stories of how when I was like one, I would dance around the house singing the "Happy Birthday" song. I even had a Santa Clause place mat that I carried around as my prop in place of the letters spelling Donald's name.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom