18 month B-day party is over!

FLcastmember

Original Poster
the longest wdw birthday party ever has come to a close. I was closing at the MK last night, when at 10pm (eride) the park closed, ending the long running 100 YOM celebrations. I noticed that some of the cups, plates and napkins in use yesterday, had the all 4 parks logo on them. I work today, so ill check to see if they have the banners on the light poles down yet and all of the other places they have 100 YOM logo as well. I ll post on this thread after park close tonight.

BTW last nights eride was very slow, not sure if thats due to rain or low attendence.

Grumpy56

Thanks for the update. Do you know what the official word on One Man's Dream is? Will it continue in it's present form and location? thanks again:)

BRER DAVE

End of party

Hi,
Can you advise what will replace the Tapestry of Dreams parade at Epcot and the 3pm Parade at Magic Kingdom, or will they carry on for the foreseeable future ?
We are due to visit in April.

TestTrackTom

are all the parades going to be replaced? if so, thats fine

its just cool to know i was one of the last ones seeing them

i was at the world on thursday, friday, sunday, and tuesday of last week:sohappy:

ToTBellHop

Where did anyone ever say the parades are being replaced? Jammin' Jungle, Stars and Cars, and Share a Dream Come True will remain, while Tapestry will leave with no replacement in the near future. Its last two showings are this evening.

Maria

Originally posted by Grumpy56
Thanks for the update. Do you know what the official word on One Man's Dream is? Will it continue in it's present form and location? thanks again:)

That´s all I care for. Please let us know! ;)

WDWFREAK53

Hmmm...One Man's Dream is staying for now...
Share a Dream Come True parade is staying for now...
Disney Stars and Motorcars is staying for now...
Jammin' Jungle Parade is staying for now...

(Psst...can someone please explain to me what will be missing that was PART of the 100YoM celebration??? (other than ToD))

Cliff

When I was last there ( In December ) I was told that On Man's Dream WILL stay there thru 2003.

However, the CM told me that is entirely up to someone in Walt's family as to when they want their memorabilia back. ( I forgot who she said it was )

She also said that some of his family go there and they do enjoy having it there. ( I "think" she said his or Roy's grandkids )

Other CM's have confirmed that it's not "supposed" to go away anytime soon. It's very popular and management knows it.

( it also cost's them very little to have it there.)

So,....That's what I hear.

-Cliff

TravisMT81

today we got new room keys at work and they have tinkerbell on them :lol:. But now we have to wait 2 more months till we get the new names tags.

orangefan15

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

(Psst...can someone please explain to me what will be missing that was PART of the 100YoM celebration??? (other than ToD))

All the 100YoM napkins, plates, cups, signs, sign on big hat in MGM....:lol:

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by Figment1986
Funny, you get new keys but the name tags wont come for a while.

Well thats because engraving has to make over 50,000 new name tags so it usually takes a little time. I new ppl that didn't get their 100 years name tag till Dec. 2001.

Irrawaddy Erik

They usually will... Like when they gave out the 100 years we would get about 20 or so in each week for Fantasyland and usually the Full and Part timers would get theirs first then CPs and CTs.

FLcastmember

Original Poster
engraving has known since sept that they were going to need 55000 name tags, so i dont know what the hold up is, but i have heard that it will take to months, so that all CM will have them at the same time, instead of in phases.

Some observations....the MK park opening speil has changed as well as the Specto opening speils. The Sadct is the same, but the grand Marshells no longer ride in Walts electric car, but rather a Main Street Vehical. The 100 yom banners are still up and the Entrances to the property still have 100 YOM on them. The Hat at MGM has a wall around it, and the 100 YOM logo is gone.

thats about all i got

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom