Expedition Everest effects status watch

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I've had a lot of recent reports that some of Expedition Everest's effects are not currently working.

As of 15 April 2007:

- No steam effect at load
- Second waterfall not running (near the back of the mountain)
- No bird at the track end scene

If you ride Everest, and can provide an update as to what is and what isnt working, please do so here. Thanks :)

EpcotServo

It's very hard to keep up now, management is making lots of "on-the-fly" changes so they can run five trains as I've said in that other thread. Don't be surprised if you see lights on that shouldn't be, effects not working, and a laggy ride system.

monorailguy01

I was on it last month and the steam and bird were both working fine. As far as the waterfalls I have never seen them working. The only time I seen it working was on opening day other then that I have been on plenty of times with no waterfalls.

Skip

I was on Everest Tuesday of last week and the steam at the load station was not working, the bird was not working (or at least wasn't visible), and I don't believe I saw a second waterfall towards the back (only the one near the Yeti Temple towards the front).

Hope that helped,

-Skip

doop

The only one I can confirm from two weeks ago was that the steam in the loading station wasn't working, I didn't notice anything else.

speck76

I've had a lot of recent reports that some of Expedition Everest's effects are not currently working.

As of 15 April 2007:

- No steam effect at load
- Second waterfall not running (near the back of the mountain)
- No bird at the track end scene

If you ride Everest, and can provide an update as to what is and what isnt working, please do so here. Thanks :)

there was no bird last weekend, but sa this is spring, birds are currently migrating, so perhaps the winter species will soon be replaced by a summer species

JML42691

I seem to remember a steam/fog effect at the top of the mountain after you get off the lift hill, but before you enter the cave and the track end. Am I just putting memories in my head or what happened to this. Many videos that I have seen now don't have this.

PigletIsMyCat

I was on E:E three times yesterday, and can confirm that there were no steam effects at the load platform. There also was no bird at the end of the track. As for the waterfall, I don't even remember a water fall, but I was surprised yesterday to get wet (wet like spat on) at some point during the ride where I have never gotten wet before. I cannot tell you the exact point. Maybe I'll go back tomorrow and go on another three times, but this time take notes :D

Chape19714

I saw steam 2 wks ago, but not on sunday. Mist still is missing. The bird seems to be working, but they have changed the timing of how often he appears, so it's about every other time.

Yeti was in "B" mode on Sunday.

The steam from the train and plastic bird seem to work every other, or every few rides for me. As for the waterfall, I can only remember seeing it running ONCE...and that was for the Annual Pass Preview in January 2006. Same goes for the cold mist in the cave before you reach the broken track. Where the heck did that cold mist go!? The only time it worked was for the COLD January morning of the Annual Pass Preview! I want it on the humid, stale, EVIL HOT Florida summer days!:shrug:

Skip

Same goes for the cold mist in the cave before you reach the broken track. Where the heck did that cold mist go!? The only time it worked was for the COLD January morning of the Annual Pass Preview! I want it on the humid, stale, EVIL HOT Florida summer days!:shrug:

If I remember correctly the mist interfered with the tracks reconfiguring it, causing breakdowns. It sounded like a neat effect (especially since Everest doesn't have too many effects anyway), but I'd rather have no mist than a broken Everest.

-Skip

scottnj1966

I always thought that bird effect was put their temporary during the passholder opening until they were done with the real effect. I was so surprised to keep seeing it now.
It looks so bad and so cheesy.

Steam was off only one time riding.
Never seen the waterfall working.

PigletIsMyCat

I just rode Expedition: Everest again today, paying special attention to the items that we've been talking about.

The steam effect is working. At the load platform, there is steam coming out of the last car of the train when it pulls to a stop and right before it pulls away.

I had never noticed waterfalls before, but I specifically looked today. On your way up the first big hill (into that weird yeti temple) there are waterfall areas on both the left and right sides of the tracks. The right side is visible from the ground in front of the ride (let me know if I'm looking at the right waterfalls lol). The left hand waterfall was NOT working, it wasn't even wet. The right side waterfall, that you can see from in front of E:E, was running.

The bird at the end of the track is still absent. The bird cry can still be heard, though.

As for the cold mist, I'm not sure I remember exactly where it used to be, but the only 'cool' place was in the cave where you see the yeti shadow. It is by no means a cold mist, so I'm guessing the cold mist thing is gone as well.

danv3

Forgive a new poster for asking a question that's undoubtedly in a FAQ somewhere, but what's the deal with the Yeti being in A or B mode? I've never ridden Everest (will do so in November) but I've got the basic idea of what the ride is like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom