16 days... Both excitement and stress kicking in

chipndale76

This will be our first trip in 4 years, I'm super excited for our trip- this will be our almost three year old's first time. While I'm getting more excited by the minute, the stress of making sure I haven't forgotten anything is getting to me. I'm always writing done great tips from this site to make our trip better. How does everyone out there do their organizing?

monkeysammich

For an almost three year old? Zip Lock bag full of cheerios. Those lines can be brutal on little ones. While it wont be cold, yet, there is a nice breeze coming in and the evenings could be cool... some long sleeves for the munchkin may be wise, just as a precaution.

Upvote 0

wiigirl

Thanks! Yea packing is part of the stress too, I don't want to overpack but I don't want to forget anything either.

Don't stress to much about packing.....things can be purchased....clothes can be washed. ;)
75.gif

Upvote 0

wbtc

Wow...a 3 year old will be so much fun. My DD loved her first trip at that age. All she wanted to do was get autographs. So much fun.

I hope you have a great trip and enjoy watching your child discover Disney. Enjoy every moment including the anticipation.

Upvote 0

chipndale76

Original Poster
That's what I'm looking forward to most is to see my son's reaction I can't wait. Our older two are 12 and 15, and they've been about ten times give or take lol. I love the nostalgia of it all.

Upvote 0

soarin

We leave in 16 days as well! Have a great trip and try not to get too caught up in following to many plans. It is great to follow tips, ( I put some in my phone), but it is also fun to just fly by the seat of your pants, or your 3 year old's mood!

Upvote 0

ParentsOf4

As real mad hatter suggests, keep a running list and tick them off one-by-one as you pack them.

WDW has tens of millions of visitors every year. No matter what you forget, they can get it for you. Don't worry, Disney's got you covered!:)

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Don't worry! Make a list, check it twice, and stick to it. For me, lists are what take the stress away -- I know that as long as those little check-boxes are filled, I've done everything I can to ensure a successful trip. The rest is up to the Almighty. :) Don't stress about whatever you might have omitted from the list, since almost anything you might forget (short of your child's favorite blankie) -- sippy cups, pull-ups, extra socks, training toothpaste -- can be purchased on property.

Upvote 0

Avenger117

#FirstWorldProblems. no but really, no worries its Disney and it should be fun not stressful. If you have been reading this forum, then you are surely prepared.

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

Don't worry, it'll all fall into place. Anything you forget can probably be purchased while you're there. I've already made my list and I add to it almost everyday. Haha. Have a nice trip! :)

Upvote 0

Casandra Cheshire

I think I am in the same boat as you! This is our first trip in four years, we're arriving on November 8 and I have twin 2.5 year olds! I've been to Disney many times before, but never as a parent! Stress is definitely kicking in around here!

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel! And what better light to have than Disney World! :) We both may panic in the next couple days, but everything will fall together! Good luck and have a safe and wonderful trip.

Upvote 0

chipndale76

Original Poster
I think I am in the same boat as you! This is our first trip in four years, we're arriving on November 8 and I have twin 2.5 year olds! I've been to Disney many times before, but never as a parent! Stress is definitely kicking in around here!

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel! And what better light to have than Disney World! :) We both may panic in the next couple days, but everything will fall together! Good luck and have a safe and wonderful trip.
Oh wow, you'll have two little ones with you. It's do exciting though to be able to see everything through their eyes. That's my favorite part, the nostalgia. Having gone as a child with my parents, just my husband and I, with our older children, and now as a family of five. There's so many memories old and new. Now hopefully my house survives this hurricane so I can enjoy my trip!

Upvote 0

tharmscott

A packing tip I used when my girls were little is to put an outfit (complete with underwear, socks, hair bows, etc) for each day in a gallon size ziploc bag. It made packing easier and my girls were able to grab a bag and dress themselves.

Upvote 0

Casandra Cheshire

Oh wow, you'll have two little ones with you. It's do exciting though to be able to see everything through their eyes. That's my favorite part, the nostalgia. Having gone as a child with my parents, just my husband and I, with our older children, and now as a family of five. There's so many memories old and new. Now hopefully my house survives this hurricane so I can enjoy my trip!

Eek! I live in Missouri, so never had to deal with hurricanes before. Hope everything is ok! I can't wait to experience it all with them for the first time. It's going to be so awesome... :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom