13 year old - sit down dinner

jaklgreen

I'll just add why my to teen boys tend to order off the kids' menu. We are vegetarian and having ONE menu choice that isn't a salad often really sucks. I myself often have to have the chef come out to discuss what can be done because more often than not there are mushrooms in that entree (have severe allergy to mushrooms). So if my kids want an adult portion of Mac n cheese, we will ask for an adult portion and expect to be charged an adult price. I don't see what the issue is if you're ordering something off another menu and being charged appropriately. I can see how trying to order off the kids menu in a table-service restaurant to get smaller portions at a kid's price should not be allowed. What really needs to be provided is a "senior" menu that provides smaller portions at adult-appropriate prices.

I would be all for the senior portion menu. Most regular sized portions are much too big and I am not eating the junk off of a kid's menu. The portion sizes in America are getting out of control. Especially at someplace like a theme park, where it is not practical to take a doggie bag with you.

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
I am a poultry person myself, so not quite where you are, but I'm the only one who eats just poultry or mostly vegetarian. My spouse is a total carnivore lol. Just so many friends have raved about the burgers there. They are on the kids menu for dinner so who knows what you could get. I personally also love GFC, Skipper Canteen, or Kona myself. If they love meat, send them to Ohana maybe? Sadly BOG is such a bust for me. Fortunately my kid didn't like the dining areas anyway.
Kind of fell off the Earth for a while, but I am seriously considering Skippers Canteen. Our trip is actually going to be 2 weeks so we have a lot of time to fit in a lot of different things. We are staying about 5 days at the Polly so we definitely wanted to hit up Ohana ohana as well.

I recently bought a food guide to WDW, so maybe I'll sit down with the kids and see what sort of things they're interested in. Let them have some fun planning it out this time since they are old enough.

correcaminos

Kind of fell off the Earth for a while, but I am seriously considering Skippers Canteen. Our trip is actually going to be 2 weeks so we have a lot of time to fit in a lot of different things. We are staying about 5 days at the Polly so we definitely wanted to hit up Ohana ohana as well.

I recently bought a food guide to WDW, so maybe I'll sit down with the kids and see what sort of things they're interested in. Let them have some fun planning it out this time since they are old enough.
We do that often, just go through menus and see what we think we might be interested in. I will say most restaurants have been great about making sure there is good food for all!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom