$12.95 per print for Disney Photo Pass?!?!

I have always taken food into the parks. (snacks)

Has the policy changed?:lookaroun

Tell me quick, I am leaving Monday at 7am to go there and I have a ton of snacks packed!!
You aren't supposed to but I guess you can sneak them in if you really wanted to.:D Coolers are not allowed though.

wjaye918

The only thing NOT permitted is glass bottles and alcohol. No need to sneak. And yes, people often bring in coolers as well.
-m
Okay, good. When I was there for Mardi Gras in Feb., I brought in snacks and it was never a problem at the bag check. I just wanted to make sure that nothing had changed that I did not know about.
Thanks.

Disneysue

In the Parks
No
okay returning to the topic @ hand LOL.............What in the world (pun intended) is photo pass? Im going in 2/07 for the first time with one of my closest friends. We are staying at BC for 9 days! Should I get it?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
okay returning to the topic @ hand LOL.............What in the world (pun intended) is photo pass? Im going in 2/07 for the first time with one of my closest friends. We are staying at BC for 9 days! Should I get it?

Now when you get your photo taken in front of the castle or at any other official Disney photo location, the Disney CM who takes the picture will give you a credit card size, well, card that has a barcode on it. Each time you have your photo taken by a Disney CM, you hand them the card and they scan it. When you return home, or access the site, you type in the code and activate the account. You will see all the photos taken by Disney CMs. You then have the option of adding different characters, borders, etc. You then order a print for $12.95. You only have so many days to purchase once you activate the account online. After that alloted time, the photos are not accessible.

KrazyKowboy

oh well that was never the option actually. It's more then just right clicky =D

If right click is disabled, you can use a screen capture program to save a copy. If you plan to make prints they'll be of lower quality than you'll get by ordering from Photo Pass and you'll only be able to get a decent print up to about a 4x6 without it being pixelated. It gives you the option though of saving those photos to your computer as mementos of your trip. Using Windows Movie Maker software can put together a pretty good slide show of your photos.
If you're thinking of saving them in this way without ordering from Photo Pass, just be aware you're getting copyrighted material. Don't expect any reputable photo service to print copies of them for you. You'll need to do that yourself with your own equipment.
Here's a freeware program you can use to capture screen shots of the photos you view on Photo Pass.

http://www.provtech.co.uk/software/screenprint32.asp

Uhh. I am being serious. Brand loyalty wars between competitors are a serious thing. Why do you think The Gap and Abercrombi advertise the way they do? Think they are going after the Grandma and Grandpa market with their half dressed models? Nope.
oh, sorry, I misinterpretted what you said.:brick: I can't stand Abercrombie and the way they advertise. Every time I pass the store at the mall, they have a dumb model just sitting there at the entrance looking like a total fool and they blast music down your ears!

disney2005

Have they really lost it?

I expected the prints would be a bit more, but 12.95 per print?? That's insane, when you consider my local Walmart can do 5x7 prints for less than a dollar. I had expected to pay extra, but this was is outrageous. It was nice to look at the pictures and view them online, but I won't be purchasing any, not for $12.95 a print.

We didn't buy any from online because of the price too. Some weren't even centered. I did notice that when you get a picture taken they take several but only one is online to purchase. Do you think they have someone who determines the best photo out of the multiple pictures taken?

We did purchase the pictures that are taken before you sit for a character meal. We were very pleased with those pictures. They were printed before we left the restaurant.

MissM

We didn't buy any from online because of the price too. Some weren't even centered. I did notice that when you get a picture taken they take several but only one is online to purchase. Do you think they have someone who determines the best photo out of the multiple pictures taken?
If they only post the best, that's even worse. I've never seen decent shots from them. They're always too dark, or off center or just very amateur, shots. It's terribly sad. And never worth the extreme over price in my opinion. That's why I have my own camera. Any CM - including photopass cm's - will take your picture for you. Every single time. No need to pay that high of a fee PLUS printing when you can just use your own camera instead.

dasani is banned in this country! ENGLAND) for its carcongenic properties!
That's only because of the fact they bottle locally from municipal sources. It doesn't mean all of Dasani is dangerous. Here's info on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dasani#United_Kingdom It's just filtered tap water. Sure it tastes nasty, but most filtered tap water does.
-m

Captain NoBeard

Does the photopass CD include the pictures that are taken on rides?
(i.e. SM, ToT, Dinosaur, etc) If those are included, the CD would probably be worth the cost.

disneydaft

Does the photopass CD include the pictures that are taken on rides?
(i.e. SM, ToT, Dinosaur, etc) If those are included, the CD would probably be worth the cost.

They are for Test Track. The other rides should be available in the future at some point.
Below the screens where the pictures are displayed you will see a slot. Stick your photo pass card in and your picture is saved.

OP If you booked a package you may have been given a coupon for a free picture. Check your paper work that they sent you.
We got a "free" picture though it cost us $7.95 for shipping to the UK.

amandagibbins

yeah we had test track on our disc because you can add all of the cards from your party together we had the ones from mmvmcp added on too we only had 68 photos because we didnt realise we could get as many photos as possible we have spent the first week and a half of our 3 week holiday walking past the photographers :hammer: next time i go to disney i would still get the disc i think that its worth it you get to see you family grow up at disney over the years:)

Gorjus

I'm a photopass photographer

Just wanted to make a few corrections:

=Your photopass card is scanned AFTER your photo is taken, not before.
=Test Track is the only ride option currently, but they are working on converting the rest.
=All the photos taken are online unless you made an inappropriate gesture or had an inappropriate shirt or an equity actor accidently made his/her way into your photo or a copyrighted item made its way into your photo. (You should never see the entire Aerosmith word in any Disney Photopass photos) And every photo goes through Quality Assurance to be sure that no copyrights or cultural no nos are violated.
=Yes, they do hire amateurs and some photographers don't care about the quality of their photos, but plenty of them do. I am a professional photographer and my photos are usually wonderful and I do my best to get the pose visually pleasing, everyone to look good and smile. And this is more than "squish together and smile".
=$12.95 is not a bad price at all for a professional photograph. Shoot, I charge $15.00 for a 5x7 in my private business. And you are paying for the photography service. While your camera may be able to take great photos, most cameras don't take pictures at night as well as the photopass cameras can because of a tripod.
=$12.95 includes Disney borders, icons, overlays, signatures, etc that can be put on the photo with the click of a button as opposed to an hour in photoshop.
=If you want a lesser price on 5x7's, purchase your photos in a camera store on property the last day of your vacation. After 3, every 5x7 is $9.95.

Buying the CD is the way to go.

I just received my cd in the mail. To be exact I received three cd's in the mail, all of the same pictures, and I was only charged for one disc. I was able to combine my honeymoon pic's with those of our family (nieces and nephews) trip to disneyland. I have a total of about 50 pics, some good some not so good, but now I know not to wear sunglasses in every shot!

In my personal opinion I couldn't find any photopass photographers in the WS. Did I miss them completely, or is it just my imagination?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom