$12.95 per print for Disney Photo Pass?!?!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Original Poster
Have they really lost it?

I expected the prints would be a bit more, but 12.95 per print?? That's insane, when you consider my local Walmart can do 5x7 prints for less than a dollar. I had expected to pay extra, but this was is outrageous. It was nice to look at the pictures and view them online, but I won't be purchasing any, not for $12.95 a print.

mouselvrmom

You can buy the cd for just under 100 dollars. That way you can print out as many as you want. I think this time I will do that since I always seem to get suckered into spending the 12.95 after I get home!:eek:

Nicole

You are not just paying for the cost of the print. You are also paying for the cost of the photographer, and the equipment.

The new CD option is fantastic. Since they introduced that we are much more likely to seek out the PhotoPass photographers!

If you are an Annual Passholder they do sometimes give special offers for purchasing the prints as well, if you don't have enough to make it worth the $99.

JaclynR

We are doing the cd this time. When we came home after our January trip, I spent almost $100 on a handful of prints. Plus we can get a bunch of nice family photos together.

cmatt

i bought the disk! and i have to say I LOVE IT! There are some great photos in there of 20 odd year olds who should really no better, having the time of our lives!

We got 160 photos on that cd - i made sure of that when i paid for it. But its worth EVERY SINGLE penny. My only gripe is the lack of borders that you get with the park print outs or the online ordering system. Just means i have to put the photo into photoshop and add my own caption ;) With the online options you can add the official captions i.e with micky/minnie photos, which is cute - but we cut ours up and stick them into a photo album :)

If your going once in a full blue moon get the cd - or at least get the photopass so you can view them online :)

I wouldnt get one if i went there every year without fail mind you.... :s

wedway71

Welcome to the wonderful world of Capitalism-lol.

Disney figures if they can get it (which they can) then might as well charge the prices.Before moving to Indy I was a Sales Manager for Coca Cola and look at a 20 oz CSD(SODA).They charge what like 2.50 per bottle in the parks.I wont disclose what they pay for each bottle after volume discounts but lets just say oh about huge profits.:D

tirian

It's $2 for a bottle of Coke, nearly $1 less than at a movie theatre...so Disney only makes, what, about $1.90 per bottle? :D

Sometimes I think Disney is taking advantage of the situation. Like how you can't take food into the park, forcing you to buy expensive food and drink...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Dont forget the millions of dollars per year Coke pays Disney too for the contract-lol

But I would imagine that the Coca Cola company is exstatic if they break even money wise. They are after exclusivity. Its a marketing goldmine putting your product in front of millions for about a week. I wonder how many Pepsi drinkers go back home Coke drinkers?

wedway71

But I would imagine that the Coca Cola company is exstatic if they break even money wise. They are after exclusivity. Its a marketing goldmine putting your product in front of millions for about a week. I wonder how many Pepsi drinkers go back home Coke drinkers?

You are 1000% right. I dealt with putting Coke in schools that included CSD vending machines in High Schools and teacher lounges and non CSD brands like Minute Maid juices and Dasani water in elementary/middle schools lunch lines.I bid on contracts for schools and in per contract paid for score boards,team uniforms,and in some instances every contract year paid the schools sometimes up to 50k per year.Why????? by getting Coke in the schools it creates brand loyalty among kids in turn become life long Coke drinkers.The Disney deal is very similar.

wjaye918

Sometimes I think Disney is taking advantage of the situation. Like how you can't take food into the park, forcing you to buy expensive food and drink...
I have always taken food into the parks. (snacks)

Has the policy changed?:lookaroun

Tell me quick, I am leaving Monday at 7am to go there and I have a ton of snacks packed!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom